You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Besserwisser3000

Permanent Uptier

17 comments in this topic

Players
321 posts
5,455 battles

Hi WG,

ever since I reached 60% win, I get uptiered in 9 out of 10 matches, no matter which tier I play. Even T7 matches are almost always at least T8.  Worse than it has ever been.

And before any clown comes in and tries to tell me how great being uptiered is:

Great_MM.png

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles

There was drama some years ago about WG patent about matchmaking, I don't recall details but tl;dr was "the better you play, the more often you get uptiered" with some bailout rule like you can't be bottom tier more than x times in a row.

So... Working as intended?

[NWP]
Players
2,627 posts
16,253 battles
1 hour ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

Hi WG,

ever since I reached 60% win, I get uptiered in 9 out of 10 matches, no matter which tier I play. Even T7 matches are almost always at least T8.  Worse than it has ever been.

Great_MM.png

So, you come to forum claiming to be uptiered in 90% of the games since reaching 60% WR. I assume you have kept an excel sheet or an app with all matches you played?

Or are you claiming, like some other forum members did in other topics, that WG is out to get you?

Then you will call everyone who disagrees a clown, very mature. And right below that you show a picture of a tier IX in a tier X game. Tier IX Jutland none the less, the DD that's better than it's tier X variant the Daring. And tier IX in general have, apart from a few terrible ships, no problem at all in tier X. It's probably the tier that cares the least about being uptiered. Interesting choice of proof? 

What does your picture show: your team potatoed 200%, has nothing to do with being uptiered, it's just one of those 30% of games that, no matter what, you can't win.

Oh and, as you are so keen to toss in your WR: your tier X WR is the lowest of all tiers. The one tier that never gets uptiered show you with your worst WR. This begs the question, is being uptiered really detrimental to winning games?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,807 posts
Vor 1 Minute, 159Hunter sagte:

Then you will call everyone who disagrees a clown, very mature.

the post was worse before, but he edited his text...

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
2,627 posts
16,253 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

the post was worse before, but he edited his text...

Thx for the tip, lemme quickly quote him before he calls for fake news as well.

Players
4,004 posts

I expected some tinfoils... but guess they haven't woken up yet.

Well... I almost stopped playing the game and guess what. Got 3 SC in lets say 20 games. 50k fxp, 15k coal and... oh my ... 30 days of premium. Thats more than in a year before!

Thnx WG RNG department ... I guess.

Players
340 posts
612 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Besserwisser3000 sagte:

Hi WG,

Great_MM.png

Well m8, being uptiered one tier is pretty much normal. Otherwise you would be top tier every game which the other guys would consider to be unfair, aye?

As your winrate in DDs is above 60% since ages, you should be uptiered all the time in DDs anyway since ages. So you obviously could handle that if so - at least in DDs.

I hope you get the point, that your feelings aren‘t matching facts in this and that it is simply a problem of which ship you play in which way and which match constellation.

Self-reflect that a bit.. sure a bad streak sucks and one tends to find the reason somewhere but in the own actions - but for this feelings there is the „Frusttherapie“.

You should know better, as your nickname tells.. :etc_hide_turtle:

Players
321 posts
5,455 battles
Vor 30 Minuten, 159Hunter sagte:

So, you come to forum claiming to be uptiered in 90% of the games since reaching 60% WR. I assume you have kept an excel sheet or an app with all matches you played?

Or are you claiming, like some other forum members did in other topics, that WG is out to get you?

Then you will call everyone who disagrees a clown, very mature. And right below that you show a picture of a tier IX in a tier X game. Tier IX Jutland none the less, the DD that's better than it's tier X variant the Daring. And tier IX in general have, apart from a few terrible ships, no problem at all in tier X. It's probably the tier that cares the least about being uptiered. Interesting choice of proof? 

What does your picture show: your team potatoed 200%, has nothing to do with being uptiered, it's just one of those 30% of games that, no matter what, you can't win.

Oh and, as you are so keen to toss in your WR: your tier X WR is the lowest of all tiers. The one tier that never gets uptiered show you with your worst WR. This begs the question, is being uptiered really detrimental to winning games?

1) I`m not claming that WG is out to get me. I am claiming that the MM is crap and there most certainly is some kind of algorithm that makes it harder to maintain high win rates.

I don`t even want a higher WR. What I want is to be top/mid/bottom tier in a normal fashion, making the game enjoyable.

2) I don`t call everyone a clown, just the people who go out of their way to tell people who rightfully think that permanent uptier is bad game design are wrong and just need to "git gud".

3) Yes, my team potatoed. How much are the chances for a bottom or mid tier to carry such teams alone? There are ships that can carry then, like my T-61. But not many.

4) Funnily enough, my T9 WR is above 60%. That certainly is just due to being top tier all the time. Oh wait! It`s just that I have only one T10 ship. Everyone has ships with lower WR.

My posting was not about my WR going down or anthing.That`s not the case. It`s about the enjoyment of being uptiered constantly.

• Boring 1

[D-ODW]
Players
199 posts
26,434 battles

That you are talking BS is quite clear , call it rant/ wish to show off  you name it, im calling you out on being bottom tier in a tier 9, lol ok kappa i rest my case.

Oh well "uptiered" , my bad but still i dont get it how can it be so bad that you have to open a thread.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

There was drama some years ago about WG patent about matchmaking, I don't recall details but tl;dr was "the better you play, the more often you get uptiered" with some bailout rule like you can't be bottom tier more than x times in a row.

So... Working as intended?

This has always been the case, quite noticable too. But denied by most on these forums. It is one of the reasons WR will always increase much arriving at tier X, because you cannot be uptiered anymore and fight mainly lesser tiers actually making the game much easier and you more powerful, unless you are fighting your own tier exclusively. That is why ranked matches are more difficult : fair odds, mostly decided on real skill.

It doens't mean you are setup to lose being uptiered. Just to give you a challenge you seem capable of handling. If you are very skilled you spoil everyones game by sealclubbing, so they give you something more difficult to fight. If the challenge proves to much you get top tier more often. It makes perfect sense to keep as many players satisfied as possible.

But fighting higher tiers does give more reward.....there is upsides to it too.....playing TVIII i am used to see tier IX and X all the time. Good rewards but you should not care about WR too much while not at Tier X. Despite what all the elitists/ilusionists say.

• Boring 1

[POP]
Players
597 posts
11,682 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I expected some tinfoils... but guess they haven't woken up yet.

Well... I almost stopped playing the game and guess what. Got 3 SC in lets say 20 games. 50k fxp, 15k coal and... oh my ... 30 days of premium. Thats more than in a year before!

Thnx WG RNG department ... I guess.

Didn't touch the game for a week for RL reasons and when I got back  *BAM* 3 SCs in 2 consecutive days.

Now we just need to figure out the minimum amount of days for triggering this behaviour.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
2,627 posts
16,253 battles
2 hours ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

1) I`m not claming that WG is out to get me. I am claiming that the MM is crap and there most certainly is some kind of algorithm that makes it harder to maintain high win rates.

I don`t even want a higher WR. What I want is to be top/mid/bottom tier in a normal fashion, making the game enjoyable.

And you have not proof, so it's nothing more than a rant. You know what the solution to your problem is? Equal tier MM, voila, no more issues with being uptiered, toptiered. Guess how fun that'd be.

2) I don`t call everyone a clown, just the people who go out of their way to tell people who rightfully think that permanent uptier is bad game design are wrong and just need to "git gud".

And there is nobody who is permanently uptiered, but that wasn't the point. The point was your attitude. Opening started at once with insulting people, pro troll posting.

3) Yes, my team potatoed. How much are the chances for a bottom or mid tier to carry such teams alone? There are ships that can carry then, like my T-61. But not many.

The Jutland most certainly can, as I said: it's better than Daring. So Jutland could have carried the game if your team wasn't potato. But yet you choose to post this exact picture that has nothing to do with, what you claim, is the point of your topic: being uptiered.

4) Funnily enough, my T9 WR is above 60%. That certainly is just due to being top tier all the time. Oh wait! It`s just that I have only one T10 ship. Everyone has ships with lower WR.

And I didn't deny that. But, you come to the forums, complaining you get uptiered a lot and throw in your WR. All that implies is that you feel your WR is not doing good being uptiered.

I then show you your TX WR to show you that being top tier =/= higher WR.  Exactly, you have ONE tier X ship, your 3rd most played ship. But it seems you are having problems winning with that ship. An issue you don't have with other ships you've played about the same amount of games. 

My posting was not about my WR going down or anthing.That`s not the case. It`s about the enjoyment of being uptiered constantly.

You are not CONSTANTLY being uptiered.  Show us the numbers, otherwise it's BIAS.

Players
3,295 posts
14,054 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

This has always been the case, quite noticable too. But denied by most on these forums. It is one of the reasons WR will always increase much arriving at tier X, because you cannot be uptiered anymore and fight mainly lesser tiers actually making the game much easier and you more powerful, unless you are fighting your own tier exclusively. That is why ranked matches are more difficult : fair odds, mostly decided on real skill.

It doens't mean you are setup to lose being uptiered. Just to give you a challenge you seem capable of handling. If you are very skilled you spoil everyones game by sealclubbing, so they give you something more difficult to fight. If the challenge proves to much you get top tier more often. It makes perfect sense to keep as many players satisfied as possible.

But fighting higher tiers does give more reward.....there is upsides to it too.....playing TVIII i am used to see tier IX and X all the time. Good rewards but you should not care about WR too much while not at Tier X. Despite what all the elitists/ilusionists say.

And here we go again... 

Also I like how you say ranked involves skill yet on another thread you said skill doesn’t affect winning...

• Funny 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts

And I'm just waiting for those tier 8s in your match to make another thread of constantly being uptiered.

Southpark doll.jpg

• Funny 3

[PARAZ]
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,494 battles

Hiya,

We already have a thread to discuss anything MM related so I'll be locking this thread now.

Regards,

CptMinia

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1