You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BlackYeti

ARP and Dragon camo bonus

42 comments in this topic

[BABBY]
Players
828 posts
12,485 battles

@MrConway I summon thee! :cap_horn:

Some time ago there was a proposal for the ARP and Dragon camos to provide at least basic bonuses (detectability and dispersion, even without xp bonus) which seemed fair as you can't use other camos on those ships. You promised to pass on the feedback to devs. Any update on that? :)

• Cool 9

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,750 posts
24,955 battles

WG is far too busy making new premium ships to be bothered with things like these. You'll be lucky to get a worthless "it was passed on for consideration" or a mocking "soon".

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[4_0_4]
Players
8,542 posts
14,933 battles

Been suggested many times.

Often dismissed as not important :Smile_smile:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,306 posts
22,286 battles
3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

WG is far too busy making new premium ships to be bothered with things like these. You'll be lucky to get a worthless "it was passed on for consideration" or a mocking "soon".

What about "Nope™"?

• Funny 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,750 posts
24,955 battles
12 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

What about "Nope™"?

The most likely of answers.:Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,119 battles

Can we just get a premium Kongo already, or a permacamo for it, at the very least.

What about a tier 6 Kongo (Hiei?) With better AA tomreflect operations in 1942?

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,875 posts
7,295 battles

We need more 80's vice rave party colored shippies. 

Yamato with discoball optics/rangefinders anyone? 

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,759 posts
4,137 battles
13 hours ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Glowing like an 80s episode of top of the pops is it's own bonus!

I can only agree. I was this close to getting the yellow-bellied Dragon boat when it was last seen in the shop, but when push came to shove, I just couldn't bring myself to pay money in order to get a ship with worse or at least no better camouflage statistics than one I already had (the bubble-gum pink Myoko clone, I forget the specific name).

• Cool 1

Players
10,893 posts
12,609 battles
7 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

I can only agree. I was this close to getting the yellow-bellied Dragon boat when it was last seen in the shop, but when push came to shove, I just couldn't bring myself to pay money in order to get a ship with worse or at least no better camouflage statistics than one I already had (the bubble-gum pink Myoko clone, I forget the specific name).

That would be THE Myoko. Pink&poop colors would be Ashigara, red/yellow Haguro and green for Nachi

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,750 posts
24,955 battles
27 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

We need more 80's vice rave party colored shippies. 

Let's not forget the fabulous LWM review of the boats:

oKI3T8E.gif

• Funny 5

[BABBY]
Players
828 posts
12,485 battles

TBH I only kept Southern Dragon and Haruna as the nicest looking ARP ship. I never managed to get the whole collection because at the time of the event I was only starting my wows career and didn't have the tiers needed to grind the tasks. I like to sail both of them from time to time in coop, where camos don't matter.

[4_0_4]
Players
8,542 posts
14,933 battles
8 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Can we just get a premium Kongo already, or a permacamo for it, at the very least.

What about a tier 6 Kongo (Hiei?) With better AA tomreflect operations in 1942?

Haruna would be better since she actually outlasted her sisters.

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles

I just want yorkie in the game....

but yeah wargaming are useless when it comes to things they can fix or edit within the hour.

• Cool 1

Players
2,982 posts
21,498 battles

Honestly I would be really happy if the camo was just the standard reduction in detectabilty and dispersion and if WG like they could then sell proper premium camos with the credit and XP bonuses. 

After all I'm happy sailing around in a ships that looks like they belong in a dodgy part of Akihabara or Kabukicho it would just be nice to have the camo values and as I said WG can still make money from selling proper premium versions its win win for us and them. 

[TRID]
Players
325 posts
5,846 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Ignored many times.

Sold them all.

But it gave you so many more snowflakes to blow off at Xmas! :Smile-_tongue:

[TRID]
Players
325 posts
5,846 battles
19 hours ago, Procrastes said:

Yeah, don't have Nachi (couldn't do the requirements back then for her), and don't have any of the dragons. We got a mission I'm sure for the Southern Dragon, but only had the option to buy the Eastern Dragon if I remember correctly. Like you say without different stats it's money for another skin, a collector's thing I guess.

[TRID]
Players
325 posts
5,846 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

Meh.... I needed the credits, dont miss them one bit.

Yeah, no great loss I guess. I take it you put the commanders to good use? Still find it odd there's a teddy bear captaining a ship in my fleet somewhere

Players
5,261 posts
1 minute ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Yeah, no great loss I guess. I take it you put the commanders to good use? Still find it odd there's a teddy bear captaining a ship in my fleet somewhere

I have not leveled them up (except Ashigara). I liked how she squeaks. Shes resting now.

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,969 posts
16,841 battles

This shouldn't be too hard to sort out: just follow the model used for the Black Friday ships...

The ARP thing is long gone, but you'd think WG could sell a lot more of the dragon ships if they weren't gimped.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,439 posts
17,840 battles

I only played the ARP ships recently for one of the campaigns/missions - I think it was one for Japanese ships.

I don't recall if the ARP ships had snowflakes on them or not.  If they did then that was the other time that the ships have been played since they were unlocked.

Being able to mount camos on them would be nice.   I've set up the options to now show the ARP camos in-game as I think they are an eye-sore (beauty is in the eye of the beholder).  The same goes with the Black versions of the ships - being able to mount something other than just one camo would be nice (but not the end of the world).

Players
853 posts
907 battles

I'd like to see the North & West Dragon ships for sale to complete my collection (in NA where I have them).

A camo bonus would also be nice for the ARP & Dragon ships - you do still sometimes see them in battle.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,169 posts
36,933 battles

I think the issue why there is no camo bonuses on these ships is than when the first appeared in game the only camo's available was type 1 and 2...