Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Picturion

Not liking the new "shards" rework

5 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
3,136 battles

Now that everyone is commenting about the CV rework and its faults and merits, I think there is something that has been passing under the radar, the "shards" map.

I really hate this iteration of the map. I mean, it's just decent, but I hate that we lost a really cool map with a lot of flow and interesting mid game for one that it is just a garbled mess of islands thrown against the canvas without any thought on making it engaging. I don't know what was going through the developers minds when they decided this, but I think it's a mistake.

Maybe, instead of killing a map that was perfectly fine, we could keep both, for anyone that likes the new version. Also, it feels bigger. Is it to adjust it to T8 and 9?

These are just my thoughts. Opinions?

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
17,833 posts
11,758 battles

I like the old version better, but the new one works better in random.

On the old version you were too dependent on the team to know what they are doing. The new one is more forgiving. Even if some of your team mess up, it is easier to help each other as the fields of fire are less blocked.

• Cool 1

Players
3,669 posts
8,430 battles

I really don't like that the old map is gone. The new map is interesting in a way but I do understand what @Picturion is getting at when he mentions the overplanned maps that has every pixel and every rock exactly planned out. This is what happened to WoT maps and those maps are very artificial now and I really like maps to be more 'natural' as this invites creativity in making use of terrain. And this is not possible anymore when everything is already planned out and known by everybody, there's no more creativity in trying out really new stuff.

I do kinda like the new iteration, but the old one was fun as well. It's as if it's totally different maps now.

I think they should bring back the old Shards and rename the existing one as both versions are fun. I don't see why one version of the map should be preferred over the other, except that now fun content has been removed from the game entirely.

Players
118 posts
25,500 battles

I totally agree with the topicmaker.

Are we going to see the other maps too messed up this way? With bigger isles smashed into pieces...?

[-I-N-]
Beta Tester
3,368 posts
6,247 battles

I really really dislike the new Shatters map. It is just not fit to be played at T10. A Montana or Großer Kurfuerst struggel on it as they are dependent on moving around... on a map ith no space to do so.

In a DD I constandly fear radar cruisers behind every island, of which there are now even more. Both islands and radar cruisers I mean.

The entire setup of the map is questionable. A midrige blocking access to one half of the map limiting support to one of two sides, which are inthemselfe split between an outer and inner ring of combat.

No fun to play in a BB and DD. As a cruiser that moves around like the french and japanese it makes no fun aswell.

Sign in to follow this