Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Does this mean no XP and no credits at all ?

6 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

I always wondered about damaging/killing forts and shore installations.....they nicely explode, show good damage numbers when they do but they seem not to count "in the results screen"

Does that mean you get no XP or credits for them at all  ? The forts do shoot ( even sometimes kill ) allied ships....

WG110.jpg

Players
366 posts
9,914 battles

They don't count towards damage, I believe, nor do they add anything to possible credits.  The only benefits to destroying them is to protect your force as they sail through the zone, I don't think they are even part of the mission objectives but if so then that's the only other benefit to taking them out.

:cap_like:

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

That is pretty worthless......so if you want to maximise score you don't shoot them but other ships ?

That will not contribute to team survival....or completing the Ops as if team mates are dead you will probably fail too.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,394 posts
14,562 battles

On the other side sinking freighters gives massive rewards. Had enough matches where we raced for sinking them. :fish_panic:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

That is pretty worthless......so if you want to maximise score you don't shoot them but other ships ?

That will not contribute to team survival....or completing the Ops as if team mates are dead you will probably fail too.

In operations the rewards depend a lot on the result. Win with lots of stars - you'll see generous rewards. Win with few stars - regardless of the amount of damage you do, it won't be very profitable. Lose - bid your rewards bye-bye. Playing for the stars in operations is much, MUCH more profitable than any pitiful attempts at damage farming.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

In operations the rewards depend a lot on the result. Win with lots of stars - you'll see generous rewards. Win with few stars - regardless of the amount of damage you do, it won't be very profitable. Lose - bid your rewards bye-bye. Playing for the stars in operations is much, MUCH more profitable than any pitiful attempts at damage farming.

Well in a CV if you never noticed you can reach the merchants before anyone else can. This is a result of WG removing AA from the forts for some reason. I have my CV steam ful speed toward those merchants too to engage them with (HE) secondary batteries, with disregard of forts and bot ships.....they have not sunk me yet.....So damage farming is definitly possible.

But...of course i understand this behaviour and "stealing" the lucrative merchants from the team does not sit well with them. So on my way there i make a round where i deal damage to bot ships as well, 4 torps for the bots, 2 for the merchants, doing it again. May kill off the remnants with strike fighters or if i have them, HE bombers. Or the Cv secondaries when it gts there.

The CV secondaries usually go wild on the shore installations all of their own too, but these seem not to deliver any XP or credits. Too bad, but pressing P is not nessesary. Funny thing is they are not too bad against forts as well.

Winning has to do with sinking key ships and create a safe corridor to escape. And team mates trying to reach that escape exit. More often then not an Operation is barely won because the bots kill the (clueless) ones that are not in the green circle.

Sign in to follow this