You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
B0Tato

Two graphic glitches, anyone else?

6 comments in this topic

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,959 battles

o7 guys,

I noticed this week two glitches, can't exactly tell since when they occur on my end.

The first one is, when firing close to an obstacle, the shells go through, but they don't cause any damage when they hit. So I guess they actually hit the island and only "empty" tracers are shown.

The second one is the one that bothers me more. Sometimes fires on ships are not shown anymore, when I'm zoomed in. In normal view a ship is burning normally. As soon as I switch to artillery camera, the flames disappear and I only see the yellow/orange reflections on the hull.

My settings

Spoiler

shot-19_03.23_10_51.02-0353.thumb.jpg.b7b66c8cb8669f4659016149044354c0.jpg

Does this happen to anyone else?

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,084 posts
7,167 battles
18 minutes ago, B0Tato said:

The first one is, when firing close to an obstacle, the shells go through, but they don't cause any damage when they hit. So I guess they actually hit the island and only "empty" tracers are shown.

The second one is the one that bothers me more. Sometimes fires on ships are not shown anymore, when I'm zoomed in. In normal view a ship is burning normally. As soon as I switch to artillery camera, the flames disappear and I only see the yellow/orange reflections on the hull.

Working as intended, comrade!

I have both issues and they seem to have been introduced recently. One is a de-sync issue while the other is a product of WG's attempts at optimising the visuals, I guess.

• Cool 2

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,233 posts
6,349 battles

The island thingy has always been there though. I don't know if it got worse.

I am having the same issues with fires as well since latest patch, which is pretty annoying. Also certain ships are missing gun sounds; Cleveland for example. I hope they fix both issues next patch.

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,802 battles

There is also the smoke staks that disappears when the ship is clearly moving and messes up with the aim

Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,503 battles

Hiya,

I'll pass it on. In the meantime please fill in a bug report which you can find here: 

This will help with fixing the problem.

Regards,

CptMinia.

[TTT]
Players
2,092 posts
21,114 battles

The island thing happens more often on the NA server for me so it's a desync issue.