You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrWhat

Why should I try to spot with a cruiser or a DD?

25 comments in this topic

[NKK]
Beta Tester
711 posts
2,601 battles

Should I even try to do some team work? I mean, I had in last match 95k spotted dmg with cleveland and a [edited]camper Zao had more credits and xp than me... That's simply ridiculous... Play for the team is simply ridicously rewarded... Is staff going to say anything about that? Oh yes... They won't...

Por favor, quitad los foros de diversos países antes que arreglar los problemas del juego, ESE ES EL VERDADERO PROBLEMA DE WOWS... If we stop giving support to some countries, we'll have more playes than fixing problems and do some balance in matches... I think that should be the communications from the staff...

I still can't see the point of playing for the team... The best option is, gearing and try to torp 15km away or shimakaze and torp 18km away... If I spot I don't recive any reward than hits... NICE JOB WG... [edited]nice job...

(Oh, yes, cry post... But tell me, why should I do team play when camping I will recieve better reward?) :cap_yes::cap_yes::cap_yes::cap_yes:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,055 posts
15,733 battles

If you like to win, yes.

If you like to selfishly farm exp and credits, perhaps not.

• Cool 12

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,199 posts
7,053 battles

A DD should definitely be spotting for your team.  I'm less sure about a CA though but that depends on what other ship types (if there were no DDs on your team or they've all been destroyed) are around and of course your spotting distance.

Beta Tester
796 posts
12,294 battles
4 hours ago, DrWhat said:

But tell me, why should I do team play when camping I will recieve better reward?

You answered your own question. Personal stats are everything, hope/effort for team play in random will only give you grey hair.

[CATS]
Players
17,828 posts
11,758 battles
5 hours ago, DrWhat said:

Should I even try to do some team work? I mean, I had in last match 95k spotted dmg with cleveland and a [edited]camper Zao had more credits and xp than me... That's simply ridiculous... Play for the team is simply ridicously rewarded... Is staff going to say anything about that? Oh yes... They won't...

Por favor, quitad los foros de diversos países antes que arreglar los problemas del juego, ESE ES EL VERDADERO PROBLEMA DE WOWS... If we stop giving support to some countries, we'll have more playes than fixing problems and do some balance in matches... I think that should be the communications from the staff...

I still can't see the point of playing for the team... The best option is, gearing and try to torp 15km away or shimakaze and torp 18km away... If I spot I don't recive any reward than hits... NICE JOB WG... [edited]nice job...

(Oh, yes, cry post... But tell me, why should I do team play when camping I will recieve better reward?) :cap_yes::cap_yes::cap_yes::cap_yes:

• Winning is better rewarded than losing
  • Spotting alone is not everything, try to do more
  • Single games do not telll you much
  • Cool 2

[PN]
Players
763 posts
4,948 battles

So my dear @DrWhat, you are asking why should you play the game correctly.

The answer is simple. Because this is how the game is intended to be played.

Now, if you think that abusing the game will give you more satisfaction...well...who am I to tell you otherwise.

I hope you find a way to enjoy this wonderful game

Regards

Saltface

• Cool 2

[ZENIT]
Players
38 posts
3,599 battles
20 minutes ago, Saltface said:

So my dear @DrWhat, you are asking why should you play the game correctly.

The answer is simple. Because this is how the game is intended to be played.

Now, if you think that abusing the game will give you more satisfaction...well...who am I to tell you otherwise.

I hope you find a way to enjoy this wonderful game

Regards

Saltface

The absurd is: If you play the game correctly why you're not prized the same way?

[PN]
Players
763 posts
4,948 battles
1 minute ago, the_crow_96 said:

If you play the game correctly why you're not prized the same way?

but...you are !! Play correctly and you get what you deserve.

And you also get the biggest prize of them all. Satisfaction.

Regards

Saltface

[CATS]
Players
17,828 posts
11,758 battles
13 minutes ago, the_crow_96 said:

The absurd is: If you play the game correctly why you're not prized the same way?

You get even more...

[PC]
Players
264 posts

Edit, Just checked your stats....nice trolling. You have nothing to complain about.

Players
6,128 posts
8,352 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

If you like to win, yes.

Why not both in CV?:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
251 posts
3,147 battles

I do agree that spotting and tanking should be better rewarded (maybe not at the same rate for the different classes) 

[NWP]
Players
2,068 posts
13,268 battles

XP calculation is flawed. But WG loves it cause it's easy to understand and easy to farm even for full blown potatoes

[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,794 posts
8,012 battles
4 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

XP calculation is flawed. But WG loves it cause it's easy to understand and easy to farm even for full blown potatoes

Much players still fail with both.

[NWP]
Players
2,068 posts
13,268 battles
Just now, Igarigen said:

Much players still fail with both.

yeah, but farming dmg is way easier than spotting

[NWP]
Players
1,581 posts
10,610 battles

More exp isn’t always the aim. I got a record of 200k+ spotting damage in a Shima as I managed to flank them. I only did minimal damage. Torps hardly hit anything. However I had them spotted the entire game for my team. They could not hide. My team where able to constantly do DPM to any given ship. My torps from behind constantly forced them to move, they were not able to camp or stay protected by the islands. We won. Because I sacrifice doing damage for a win. Was I rewarded well? Not really but I got my win, my team got the win and the enemy hated me as in game I was called all sorts as I annoyed the ever loving :etc_swear: out of them. There are many ways to win a game, it doesn’t have to be about damage and topping the board. They are just a tasty bonus.

802D764D-E3E2-432F-B5E1-03330C609985.png

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
229 posts
6,481 battles

Spotting isn't rewarded but I'm rarely specifically just spotting as a DD - it usually happens automatically whilst I'm just being a DD. If you are up front hunting DDs, capping points and lining up for torp attacks then you are also spotting. When I'm deliberately spotting something to death its because I need help with an adversary I can't remove by myself or don't want to expend the hp to engage, so the reward for me is that the enemy DD/radar cruiser dies and I get to get on with my stuff without interference. If I'm literally just spotting for the team its because I'm zoned out and can't achieve anything else anyway, so although I'm not being rewarded its still doing all I can to help whilst I stay alive and hope for more opportunities later.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,624 posts
13,747 battles
7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

If you like to win, yes.

Are you implying that players actually have the brainpower to understand that you spot for them? That is not my recent experience. :cap_haloween:

So really only option 2 is the way to go (unless you play div ofc) 

• Funny 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
760 posts

If I play DDs I kinda do both. I spot for the team, contest cap but at same time I'm selfish enough to try to be opportunistic.

So I kinda play for the team, but yet I don't. I've died to many times in a cap I contested cause I got no support for my spots.

So, yes. Spot for your team but don't rely on your team for anything.

And I'd take a bad win over a good defeat any day of the week.

[CATS]
Players
17,828 posts
11,758 battles
36 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

yeah, but farming dmg is way easier than spotting

Most players fail miserably at doing damage .

"Looks at his Tier X matches of today with half the team below 500 base XP...."

[NWP]
Players
2,068 posts
13,268 battles
6 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Most players fail miserably at doing damage .

"Looks at his Tier X matches of today with half the team below 500 base XP...."

Yes, but how much spotting do they do, probably even less :cap_haloween:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
495 posts
14 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

If you like to win, yes.

Which is the reason CV's should use most of their time spotting, right? :cap_cool:

Besides AA, no opposition, and they can cover a large area very fast, and contrary to DD's or CL's, if the squadron dies, a new one comes in no time :cap_look:

It seems the best ships for spotting are carriers :Smile_trollface:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,055 posts
15,733 battles
1 hour ago, Skurfa said:

Which is the reason CV's should use most of their time spotting, right? :cap_cool:

Yes, but the glorious thing about reworked CVs is that they can spot AND attack at the same time without sacrificing anything. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
300 posts
3,327 battles
16 hours ago, DrWhat said:

Because you are a masochist? :Smile-_tongue:

Honestly just go with whatever feels right for you. I like it when the teamplay gets good but if I see most of my teammates licking windows then.....hue hue time to blend in.