Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kris_Bullet

Exeter - Last stage

173 comments in this topic

[GHUND]
Players
9 posts
13,194 battles

Hi There.

May i ask who were so dummy to create last stage missions on Exeter?  7 Badges to complete 1st part? Im not a rookie and got problem with this , i have to spend hours to reach it. In future THINK befoure give ppl SO SH... Missions.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,439 posts
13,436 battles

Although I don't think anyone is over the moon at this particular element (the coop mains especially), it's perfectly doable - suggest having a look at the (at least two) other threads on the subject for tips...

[FIFO]
[FIFO]
Beta Tester
2,451 posts
7,258 battles

Point 1 - we already have a thread on the subject here 

Point 2 - if hours of play hasn't got you 7 achievements then you are perhaps more rookie than you think you are.  But see the thread above to get some tips on what ships lean towards which achievements.

Players
445 posts

Last stage is a p!ss take, 20 citadels, is this WOW's new way of earning cash, sucker people in to buy one nations ships and then make it impossible for an average player ?

The Exeter is a nice to have but no way justifies what you have to do to gert her and after taking to ther players grinding to complete stages, I'm not alone !

• Cool 1

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
17,836 battles

Well, my only problem with these achievements as a "shifted-from-randoms-to-anything-else-due-to-CENSORED-CV-update" player is that these crud-fed mission designers are now forcing me to join the one thing in this game that I have been trying to avoid the most. 

Ah well, not like I log in for fun anyways. It's more of a job recently, so I guess I'll just have to hop to it, anyways. Conqueror, here I come. Should be finished in 2-3 games. At least those games don't require winning. :cap_win:

1331109903_ShutupCarl.thumb.png.87951ae55aaefc22611b0ee131c3c5c6.png

• Funny 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,439 posts
13,436 battles
Just now, Mr_Wolfclaw said:

Last stage is a p!ss take, 20 citadel

That's easy enough - take a RN BB into coop a few times, and break out the AP; the cruisers will be fairly straightforward too, with their insane rate of fire...

(according to my stats, I'm somewhere between poor and below average)

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,474 posts
19,719 battles
1 minute ago, NicramDuel said:

Ah well, not like I log in for fun anyways. It's more of a job recently, so I guess I'll just have to hop to it, anyways. Conqueror, here I come. Should be finished in 2-3 games. At least those games don't require winning. 

The Exeter missions are limited to T6-T8 British ships.

• Cool 3

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
17,836 battles
11 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The Exeter missions are limited to T6-T8 British ships.

no... no... no... no... NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I forgot about that...

Well then... Oppa Nelson Style!!!

Nelson.thumb.jpg.1c586de7c87b4391384ff4b70e7f1258.jpg

• Funny 2

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Wolfclaw said:

Last stage is a p!ss take, 20 citadels, is this WOW's new way of earning cash, sucker people in to buy one nations ships and then make it impossible for an average player ?

The Exeter is a nice to have but no way justifies what you have to do to gert her and after taking to ther players grinding to complete stages, I'm not alone !

This mission chain rewards you with a free premium ship. Free. 

So what, you'd like to receive your gift without any effort to do? Then buy it. I don't see anything wrong with those missions. But as usual, players are never happy, even when WG give them an opportunity to have a freebie.

If you consider that this ship doesn't justify what you have to do to get her... then don't try to do the missions and pretend they never existed in the 1st place. Hopefully there are people like me who are happy yo have a chance to obtain a free premium ship.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,474 posts
19,719 battles
18 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

This mission chain rewards you with a free premium ship. Free. 

So what, you'd like to receive your gift without any effort to do? Then buy it. I don't see anything wrong with those missions. But as usual, players are never happy, even when WG give them an opportunity to have a freebie.

If you consider that this ship doesn't justify what you have to do to get her... then don't try to do the missions and pretend they never existed in the 1st place. Hopefully there are people like me who are happy yo have a chance to obtain a free premium ship.

The ship's value is somewhere around 12€. I was willing to pay for it, instead of going for the missions, but WG told me that they will only sell the ship in a bloated bundle which is overpriced for the meager content. Their reasoning for not offering the ship in a simple slot + ship package, was that I could earn the ship for free. But time isn't free and the jacked up requirements of the last stage vastly overwhelm the real value of the ship, which is a T5 cruiser.

You can of course accept predatory sales practices all you want, I don't need to. This mission marathon is bad, it excludes people from finishing it, be it because they only play coop or lack the required ships. It is designed to prevent people from obtaining the ship, and those that will, will have to invest a lot of time and energy in it, excessively so compared to the true value of the ship. So tell me, why should we be happy as WG moves the goalposts and removes options that were present in previous events of similar nature?

• Cool 12

[FIFO]
[FIFO]
Beta Tester
2,451 posts
7,258 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

The ship's value is somewhere around 12€. I was willing to pay for it, instead of going for the missions, but WG told me that they will only sell the ship in a bloated bundle which is overpriced for the meager content. Their reasoning for not offering the ship in a simple slot + ship package, was that I could earn the ship for free. But time isn't free and the jacked up requirements of the last stage vastly overwhelm the real value of the ship, which is a T5 cruiser.

You can of course accept predatory sales practices all you want, I don't need to. This mission marathon is bad, it excludes people from finishing it, be it because they only play coop or lack the required ships. It is designed to prevent people from obtaining the ship, and those that will will have to invest a lot of time and energy in it, excessively so compared to the true value of the ship. So tell me, why should we be happy as WG moves the goalposts and removes options that were present in previous events of similar nature?

All requirements were listed at the start of the event so it isn't like those have just come out of nowhere.  Sure, the requirements might have become more difficult from week to week - although even that point could be argued - all depends on ships available and playstyle etc.

As he says if you don't like the missions, and you don't like WGs tactics then just ignore it.

I also find it bizarre that you think WG should keep the format of all giveaways the same.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles

I think needing 7 Achievenments to get a Free premium ship isnt bad.

But i fear what lengths the average player will go through in order to get those Achievements :cap_old: First Blood/Devstrike/Its just a flesh wound would be the most reasonable to achieve. This just spells "YOLO" especially with DDs :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,477 posts
11,100 battles

I wonder if a Fiji would be good for Citadel farming in coop?

Most low tier cruisers have paper armour.

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
749 posts
6,769 battles

I can get first blood with Lightning easily, so that's no issue. Getting 3 kills will be more of a pickle, not knowing when I can take out 3 targets. Always overextend when I'm pressured.

[BODEM]
Players
749 posts
6,769 battles
7 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I wonder if a Fiji would be good for Citadel farming in coop?

Most low tier cruisers have paper armour.

Will deffo take Fiji for that. easiest ship for the task imo.

[-RDE-]
Players
299 posts
24,702 battles
2 hours ago, FukushuNL said:

Will deffo take Fiji for that. easiest ship for the task imo.

last mission can't be done in coop, plus with mine things dont register when using a bb so its cls dds :) lol

• Cool 1

Players
445 posts

so tried farming co-op in a Lightening and Monarch and this is just a joke !

Not one blooming achievment :(

stats.jpg.a5d393a02cf5126ce6f5debf5bfe700c.jpg

[KAKE]
Players
2,522 posts
5,980 battles
6 minutes ago, Mr_Wolfclaw said:

so tried farming co-op in a Lightening and Monarch and this is just a joke !

Not one blooming achievment :(

Achievements aren't awarded in coop.

Players
39 posts
17,363 battles
6 hours ago, ilhilh said:

All requirements were listed at the start of the event....

But they weren't, at least they bent the truth, regarding being able to do Part 4.1 in Co-Op, Ranked and Random. They should check their posts before posting them to ensure they're correct. I think WG should just omit 4.1...…...

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,767 posts
16,610 battles
8 hours ago, NicramDuel said:

Well then... Oppa Nelson Style!!!

Nelson delivered in just one evening. Lots of dev strikes, dreadnoughts, fireproofs and the occasional confederate...

[JRM]
Players
6,303 posts
24,191 battles

U know those "Hurr Durr I only play my ships and dont pay any attention to requirements and I still get all missions done by themselves" posts? Now you know the are talking bs

[-TPF-]
Players
3,829 posts
15,768 battles

The seventh achievement is not coming, but I've nearly ground enough XP for Lightning and I'm enjoying the games, so it's all good. :)

Sign in to follow this