You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hedgehog_s

Fly, Strike, Win

21 comments in this topic

[-NO-]
[-NO-]
Players
78 posts
13,669 battles

OK so Ive been banging thru these misions easily enough until this week. Just take a look at Stage 1, complete 4 missions - 31546 done, 46048 done, 28337 done then…………….. 21187 requires random battles which I cant play due to arthritis handicap all too fast paced for my geriatric hands, 17203 requires a specific ship none of which I have and lastly 13769 - you EVER seen an achievement in a co-op -nope neither have I so Ive played Killer Whale to death with some outstanding results NONE of which got me an achievement - GG WG for making this section completely unavailable to people with handicaps or limited wallets - nice thought process - NOT.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Beta Tester
204 posts
1,651 battles

Ok just want to say that, you can do random battles, you have played 342 games in randoms with a 46% win rate. While fairly bad that still indicates you are perfectly able if you were willing. So you don't actally need to own a specific ships, you just need to play a game mode you don't usually play.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,441 posts
13,192 battles

Get a BB. Get burned a lot. Don't die.

Using the above mentioned stategy farming achievements is pretty easy and in some cases not even dependent on your team or if you win or lose.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles

Is there some confusion between Fly, Strike, Win, and the Exeter missions? The latter absolutely have to be done in random, at least in part, but the former don't (at least not so far) - they just take longer in coop is all.

I may have missed something, of course...?

Edit: unless I'm mistaken, if one can get the Exeter mission completed before the end of the current set of Fly, Strike, Win missions, that's an easy point for each set of the latter (Exeter is one of the 'specific' ships that the last mission of each set calls for).

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,533 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Verblonde sagte:

I may have missed something, of course...?

- 1 Achievement - not possible in Coop

- 40 plane kills - theoretically possible in Coop, but only Random is allowed

- Last task - only for some premium ships

-> only 3 missions left, 4 are required...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles
13 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

- 1 Achievement - not possible in Coop

- Last task - only for some premium ships

-> only 3 missions left, 4 are required...

That's what I get for only glancing at the missions last night - thanks for the correction!

That 'achievement' one is a stinker; easy for random players, but I think that Fly, Strike, Win should be doable for coop types, if only because Exeter is so resolutely requiring randoms at the moment...

[-NO-]
[-NO-]
Players
78 posts
13,669 battles

I played randoms in old style CVs because my hands allowed that - now with the rework - nope.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles
Just now, hedgehog_s said:

I played randoms in old style CVs because my hands allowed that - now with the rework - nope.

DD in random and hope you get detonated.. I know fairly slim chance

[POI--]
Beta Tester
204 posts
1,651 battles

What's stopping you from playing other ships in randoms? Assuming you are still playing them in co-op there is nothing stopping you from using them in random battles, just take it easy and play as you would usually. If you take a BB out there isn't much strain that can cause, just point and click a few times and sail with the group.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles
1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

Make sure you remove anti-det flag first, plus add the 'extra flooding', and 'extra fires' signals that increase detonation chance by 5% each...

Here's the wiki on the subject: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detonation

After you're below 75% hp, you can detonate; I *think* (i.e. may be spectacularly wrong) that getting peppered by lots of smaller shots is more likely to cause you to detonate than one big one? That said, I exploded an Atlanta with a single HE round from a DD (I think) - we were both as surprised as each other!

If you charge the enemy and pepper them with torpedoes, you also have a decent chance of getting dev strike, first blood, and/or flesh wound, even if you don't blow up. Suggest apologising to team-mates before trying this sort of thing though, as they won't be terribly happy with you if they don't know you're doing a mission (they probably won't be happy regardless, but...).

Personally, what I'm actually going to do (from tomorrow) is try and play my DDs sensibly, but with maxed out chance of detonation, as the Exeter mission requires several achievements, rather than FSW's single one; dev strike, at least, seems to happen reasonably frequently if you're using torps (ditto first blood)...

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles

BTW @hedgehog_s - if you need someone to division with in randoms for as long as it takes to bag that necessary achievement, feel free to ping me in game. I'm not anywhere near a unicum, but I might be able to help keep the opposition off you whilst you concentrate on getting the needed results (assuming that isn't cheating?).

[-NO-]
[-NO-]
Players
78 posts
13,669 battles

Randoms just mean I let the team down a bit - thanks for all your help and suggestions guys - Ive succumbed to to getting the Nelson when I realised it was bought with XP not money. Didn't need it but historically I like it. Still a shame WG didn't look at those missions and realise there was an issue when all the others were well sorted.

Happy gaming !!

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles
2 hours ago, hedgehog_s said:

Didn't need it but historically I like it.

Right there is exactly why I picked up Nelson too!

Players
3,135 posts
14,150 battles
3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Right there is exactly why I picked up Nelson too!

So I was just a pick up, was I. :Smile_sad:

And you swore that you wouldn't tell anyone about it!

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,588 posts
3,520 battles

Sorry for digging up a inactive thread, but..What happens if you earn a camo that you previously bought using doubloons?

EDIT: Got my answer on stream, its credits.

• Cool 2

Players
1,952 posts
12,284 battles
On 3/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, Klopirat said:

Would be if WG had seen fit to put CVs back in Coop with an updated AI. Since they have not .... good luck :Smile_trollface:

[EUR]
Players
410 posts
4,607 battles
On 3/21/2019 at 5:44 PM, hgbn_dk said:

hmm, idk about that. Every time I cheapen it out and don't get the flag I get blown up spectacularly :etc_swear:

• Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,628 posts
12,169 battles
15 hours ago, lafeel said:

Sorry for digging up a inactive thread, but..What happens if you earn a camo that you previously bought using doubloons?

EDIT: Got my answer on stream, its credits.

Yes, that is usually the case unless otherwise stated in the description.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,588 posts
3,520 battles
7 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Yes, that is usually the case unless otherwise stated in the description.

Greetings, Crysantos

Never hurts to make sure though. Also thank you both for the reply and the entertainment on stream, was a blast to watch, and I do hope you and @MrConway had as much fun playing as I had watching.:cap_like:

Beta Tester
2,588 posts
3,520 battles
18 minutes ago, OddityNZ said:

When does this end, 1st of May or ?

This week, if I remember correctly.