Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

[RESULTS] Competition: Win Premium Ships This Weekend!

34 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
938 posts

We have another XP milestone event for you this weekend to commemorate the Second Battle of Sirte. Details and rewards inside. Remember to log in and hit the "Participate" button!

Read it on the portal

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles

@MrConway do I read it right? It's AVERAGE base XP over any number of (victorious) battles?

So, to put it simply - the way to win this event is

1. Pick the category

2. Play until you win

3. Make sure you don't play another match in this category

Because

- if you had a very good result in the first won match, you will almost certainly only spoil your record by winning again

- if you failed to get a very good result, your chances of getting to the top 10 are nil anyway (since there will certainly be more than 10 people who just stop after scoring that one great victory, ensuring that people that actually rely on an average from many matches don't stand a chance even if they perform consistently well).

Oh, and if you care about the event, you should cheer the enemy on in any match where you don't seem to be performing all that great. After all, a victory that isn't a very good score-wise for you "burns" the category for you.

...these really don't sound like well thought-out rules, guys...

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
56 posts
3,363 battles
15 minutes ago, eliastion said:

@MrConway do I read it right? It's AVERAGE base XP over any number of (victorious) battles?

So, to put it simply - the way to win this event is

1. Pick the category

2. Play until you win

3. Make sure you don't play another match in this category

Because

- if you had a very good result in the first won match, you will almost certainly only spoil your record by winning again

- if you failed to get a very good result, your chances of getting to the top 10 are nil anyway (since there will certainly be more than 10 people who just stop after scoring that one great victory, ensuring that people that actually rely on an average from many matches don't stand a chance even if they perform consistently well).

Oh, and if you care about the event, you should cheer the enemy on in any match where you don't seem to be performing all that great. After all, a victory that isn't a very good score-wise for you "burns" the category for you.

...these really don't sound like well thought-out rules, guys...

It's just base XP. Not average. Mistake will be corrected. 

Thanks for pointing out! I'll walk the plank today...

• Cool 3

Players
3,135 posts
14,150 battles

Not a bad little competition, but I am burned out after the Crowns & Florins collecting.

(Really needed the silver credits, which will be delivered in 0.8.3 i believe)

Beta Tester
107 posts
1,265 battles

While it is a nice competition, why exclude the co-op players? Seems a bit strange to do so imo.

• Boring 1

[TSCC]
Players
7 posts
3,959 battles

how do i check if i rank in the top 10 of any of the categories? or do we have to wait for the event to end to see the results?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
56 posts
3,363 battles
17 hours ago, AdmiralRuyter said:

how do i check if i rank in the top 10 of any of the categories? or do we have to wait for the event to end to see the results?

Unfortunately, we can’t make leaderboards for this event, so all results will be calculated after the competition.

• Bad 1

Players
311 posts
10,268 battles
On 3/21/2019 at 7:32 PM, AdmiralRuyter said:

You will just have to trust them...

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KOKOS]
Players
4 posts
2,167 battles

WG I really think it's great when you guys have giveaways like this, and I do support them..... But my thoughts are maybe come up with other ways of awarding the prizes? When you make events for things such as "most X or Y" it will be people like streamers and content creators who will have the most chance of winning. I am not against this, but many of your giveaways seem to reward the top % of players, many of whom actually make money from playing the game anyway, through donations or ad revenue. The rest of us with full time jobs have much less chance to win, to the point where a random sweepstake would more beneficial to your average player (like the Twitter giveaways which are awesome!)

I am not complaining about free stuff, believe me! :P I just think maybe you could make SOME of the giveaways more accessible, and not just achievable for the absolute top tier of the WoWs social community 

:)

[GBONA]
Players
81 posts
25,491 battles

Well seems the entire community except me has understood how it works. So here is the simple question: we get it, it is not average XP and it is "base XP". BUT: by base XP do we mean the highest SINGLE Base XP each player gets in each category OR do we mean the cumulative total base xp gained in each category (say, like the Kamikaze R competition where I almost lost my wife...)

[BYOB]
Players
3,561 posts
13,713 battles
13 hours ago, ATH67 said:

the Kamikaze R competition where I almost lost my wife

Did you try to torp her in your sleep?:Smile_trollface:

[GBONA]
Players
81 posts
25,491 battles
3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Did you try to torp her in your sleep?:Smile_trollface:

Worse: I got almost no sleep for three weeks trying to get on the top 100 spot to make certain I get both ship and camo... And just like here, there was no leaderboard and I ended, pointlessly at 6th place. She was very tolerant and appreciative to learn what "OP" "fast torps" and "permanent camo" meant.   

• Funny 2

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
56 posts
3,363 battles
2 hours ago, pfcremus said:

when they post the result? :fish_nerv:

1 hour ago, panos_abarth said:

The result?

We will post the winners on Wednesday 27th, the same time the prizes are credited. 

• Cool 2

[XODUS]
Beta Tester
17 posts
2,561 battles

Um, I'm pretty sure I opted in, pulled a Ranger game that got 3.5k xp (and my service record has it as my max xp, and I did it within the competition period) but didn't get in the top 10 when the top is like 2.5k? Could a red please check that I was indeed opted in? Replay's up on WoWSReplays if wanted.

EDIT: This was apparently 2,158 base xp (I didn't have a screenshot of the base xp unfortunately to double check so I assumed service record to be base because why would it not be?). If anyone got top 10 and has a replay I'd love to see it as I had to pull 140k damage for that in a Ranger.

[FAILS]
Players
181 posts
14,531 battles

I had completely forgotten about this competition, but it seems I actually won a Duca! Already got her, but some free dubloons are nice as well, so thanks for that. I had trouble remembering which ship I did this in, but then I remembered it was actually an Aigle in a t8 game:Smile_glasses:

6 minutes ago, Kulgur said:

Um, I'm pretty sure I opted in, pulled a Ranger game that got 3.5k xp (and my service record has it as my max xp, and I did it within the competition period) but didn't get in the top 10 when the top is like 2.5k? Could a red please check that I was indeed opted in? Replay's up on WoWSReplays if wanted.

3.5k in a t6 is no mean feat, so I hope it gets resolved for you.

Sign in to follow this