You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Animalul2012

What is the most worth it nation in the game? share your opinion!

30 comments in this topic

[RO-RN]
Players
484 posts
6,291 battles

What nations are worth it and why? what nations are painful to play and what are a pleasure to play? 

Well I will start first:

1-Japan: this is WG favorite nation, destroyers got buffed almost every patch, gunboat ones are broken, some cruisers may be weak but overall they are great at kitting away, battleships feature reliable guns and require proper angling, carriers: well i think they were and still are the worst!

2-US: destroyers are quite good,feature alright torpedoes and good guns and a log lasting smoke, cruisers get massive AA, improved ap angles( heavy ones), alright concealment, but i have to say that theyre play style is quite boring, battleship have an underwater citadel, powerful guns with great penetration and damage and good dispersion, the lower tiers ones are quite slow and the shells require proper aiming,

carriers: well i always thought that the lower tiers one we weaker than the japanese counter parts but for me midway always was the superior carrier and even now it has great dive bombers scary rockets with good speed, only the torpedo bombers seem weak. ( and lest not forget those AP bombs in the past where you could one shot some ships)

3-France: French ships are quite hard to play, theyre battleships are more like flanking ships and republique can overmatch 30mm of armor( what it is founded on most cruisers) the cruisers were enjoyable to play for me all of them except the algerie, god like speed, great AP and HE, quite paper but henry gets some 30mm plates. overall I think French ships get dangerous as the match goes on. 

4-UK: battleships are paper but they get a super heal( you are still going to die if everyone is looking at you) the HE is way to strong, great concealment, ok AP. cruisers: i think these are the hardest cruisers to play in the game, large citadel and have only AP,  but they are effective once you learn how to play them( these ships are not for everyone) destroyers: i find them quite hard to play as well: daring and jutland need IPHE to use theyre HE shells, torpedoes are meh, concealment is quite good, they are the slowest destroyers, hydro is mostly an defensive tool, 7 charges of smoke but they last only 40 sec, good handling. again i think these destroyers are not for everyone.

5-USSR: well i thing theyre destroyers got powercreeped, except the grozovoi and maybe kiev and tashkent, cruisers are paper, but all of them from 2 to 9 require IPHE to do reliable HE damage the velocity is only nice on paper the shells spend alot of time in the air( except moska) they get horrible concealment and if you are caught broadside you are going to die just as fast as a RN cruiser. However i think they they get the best radar in the game, chapayev is going to be strong in t8 ranked game,  moskva is still good but you need to sit at range, you get detected from the moon and everyone wants to shot your broadside, i find stalingrad to be the better ship. So USSR has some quite nice ships and some horrible  and some ships that simply just not worth it!

6-Germany: battleships used to be  nightmare to fight in close combats but now theyre secondarys are joke, bad disperion, bad damage, fire chance at least kurfurst and FDG get 1/4 pen rule on them. guns fell inconsistent even when you get close, they have a turtle back, very good HE protection, hydro and that is pretty much it! cruisers: good armor, turtleback, improved HE pen in exchange for lower alpha and fire chance, ap does a lot of damage if the enemy is caught broadside, sluggish, a lot of torpedoes that are good in a cyclone, meh concealment, good AA. the cruisers are still good, i believe hindenburg will become even stronger when soviet bbs and italian ones will arrive, just look at them they get 40 and 50mm plates, HE will do the job aganist these. destroyers: the lower tier ones are fun to play but i think that some of them( gaede, mass maybe z-23) need a better concealment, torpedoes do low damage but they get awesome detection, speed and reload, again strong AP, HE is weak, short smoke , good speed and a hydro.

i thing they could use a little buff to theyre he pen, damage or ap.

7-pan asia: Why would you grind a line when you know that the T10 is not worth it at all? why? do you want suffer or it is the last line you have to grind? 

Overall i think all nations are strong in theyre way, i consider some german ships that need buffs and i think that france=uk=ussr.  pan asia right now is not worth it will see how theyre cruisers perform. And i am not quite sure about japan and us but i still see that japan own those broken gunboats and us has the island hugging light cruisers, but again i thing they are both strong equally. 

Congratulations of you made it to the final. Keep in mind that this is my opinion,, opinion that might change in the future regarding the nerfs and buffs to some ships and the addition of new nations( Italy, commonwealth, pan-america, poland)

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,362 posts
10,835 battles

Italy.

So good 100% of its lineup has premium benefits.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 18

[TTT]
Players
4,323 posts
7,937 battles

Les Baguettes. Both lines are unique and interesting, have very few true turds on them, and end with very very good ships.

• Cool 4

[BFS]
Beta Tester
906 posts
10,816 battles

UK Crusers only cruser line that can actually cary a game. 

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles
18 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

British BBs are paper? Since when?

He was talking about their armor :fish_book:

Players
455 posts
9,987 battles
47 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

super long wall of text

In the current meta French and US probably.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

Depends really on what tier/what period in time you consider to matter.

If you consider Rl events the UK and Japanese navies were probably the most powerful for a very long time, with the German, French and Italians having very powerfull navies too, but more locally and not as numerous. The US obviously tried to keep balance with their adversaries - UK included - but only really grew in power only after their war with japan started.

The UK and the US operated globally, needing in part other ships - that could keep a crew comfortable in all weather for many months, having large enough fuel stores and more economic engines - then other nations. Speed played a major role for German and Japanese ships design too, and of the UK starting that in the first place,  but  does not really have a large impact on our game in the small maps. You can outrun a persuier only for so long.....Early WW II there were still battlecruisers and battleships each with specific tasks, but in our game they are all "battleships" 

I really do enjoy all ships in their specific roles. They were all designed for a purpose, and obviously - except paper ships - fulfilled that purpose.

• Cool 1

[SVX]
Beta Tester
434 posts
16,341 battles

Russian.

All its ships are in some way for or another very different from the others countries...and the majority of them are strong and competitive.

Case in point right now; bbs.

Players
3,135 posts
14,150 battles

I feel that all nations and regular lines are roughly equal in terms of performance, with the odd slightly below average, or slightly above average, ship here and there.

In terms of what matches my playstyle and what I consider to be enjoyable I would say that the most satisfying lines for me are (in no particular order):

* German battleships

* British Destroyers

* US Light cruisers

* French Cruisers before intor of main Battery Reload Booster

The least satisfying to play (again in no particular order)

* IJN Torpedo boats

* IJN Battleships

* US Battleships

* British Cruisers

Overall, of course, I like the German fleet best. I find them the most handsome ships also! :Smile_smile:

Players
216 posts
3,548 battles
2 hours ago, Animalul2012 said:

What nations are worth it and why? what nations are painful to play and what are a pleasure to play? 

Well I will start first:

1-Japan: this is WG favorite nation, destroyers got buffed almost every patch, gunboat ones are broken, some cruisers may be weak but overall they are great at kitting away, battleships feature reliable guns and require proper angling, carriers: well i think they were and still are the worst!

2-US: destroyers are quite good,feature alright torpedoes and good guns and a log lasting smoke, cruisers get massive AA, improved ap angles( heavy ones), alright concealment, but i have to say that theyre play style is quite boring, battleship have an underwater citadel, powerful guns with great penetration and damage and good dispersion, the lower tiers ones are quite slow and the shells require proper aiming,

carriers: well i always thought that the lower tiers one we weaker than the japanese counter parts but for me midway always was the superior carrier and even now it has great dive bombers scary rockets with good speed, only the torpedo bombers seem weak. ( and lest not forget those AP bombs in the past where you could one shot some ships)

3-France: French ships are quite hard to play, theyre battleships are more like flanking ships and republique can overmatch 30mm of armor( what it is founded on most cruisers) the cruisers were enjoyable to play for me all of them except the algerie, god like speed, great AP and HE, quite paper but henry gets some 30mm plates. overall I think French ships get dangerous as the match goes on. 

4-UK: battleships are paper but they get a super heal( you are still going to die if everyone is looking at you) the HE is way to strong, great concealment, ok AP. cruisers: i think these are the hardest cruisers to play in the game, large citadel and have only AP,  but they are effective once you learn how to play them( these ships are not for everyone) destroyers: i find them quite hard to play as well: daring and jutland need IPHE to use theyre HE shells, torpedoes are meh, concealment is quite good, they are the slowest destroyers, hydro is mostly an defensive tool, 7 charges of smoke but they last only 40 sec, good handling. again i think these destroyers are not for everyone.

5-USSR: well i thing theyre destroyers got powercreeped, except the grozovoi and maybe kiev and tashkent, cruisers are paper, but all of them from 2 to 9 require IPHE to do reliable HE damage the velocity is only nice on paper the shells spend alot of time in the air( except moska) they get horrible concealment and if you are caught broadside you are going to die just as fast as a RN cruiser. However i think they they get the best radar in the game, chapayev is going to be strong in t8 ranked game,  moskva is still good but you need to sit at range, you get detected from the moon and everyone wants to shot your broadside, i find stalingrad to be the better ship. So USSR has some quite nice ships and some horrible  and some ships that simply just not worth it!

6-Germany: battleships used to be  nightmare to fight in close combats but now theyre secondarys are joke, bad disperion, bad damage, fire chance at least kurfurst and FDG get 1/4 pen rule on them. guns fell inconsistent even when you get close, they have a turtle back, very good HE protection, hydro and that is pretty much it! cruisers: good armor, turtleback, improved HE pen in exchange for lower alpha and fire chance, ap does a lot of damage if the enemy is caught broadside, sluggish, a lot of torpedoes that are good in a cyclone, meh concealment, good AA. the cruisers are still good, i believe hindenburg will become even stronger when soviet bbs and italian ones will arrive, just look at them they get 40 and 50mm plates, HE will do the job aganist these. destroyers: the lower tier ones are fun to play but i think that some of them( gaede, mass maybe z-23) need a better concealment, torpedoes do low damage but they get awesome detection, speed and reload, again strong AP, HE is weak, short smoke , good speed and a hydro.

i thing they could use a little buff to theyre he pen, damage or ap.

7-pan asia: Why would you grind a line when you know that the T10 is not worth it at all? why? do you want suffer or it is the last line you have to grind? 

Overall i think all nations are strong in theyre way, i consider some german ships that need buffs and i think that france=uk=ussr.  pan asia right now is not worth it will see how theyre cruisers perform. And i am not quite sure about japan and us but i still see that japan own those broken gunboats and us has the island hugging light cruisers, but again i thing they are both strong equally. 

Congratulations of you made it to the final. Keep in mind that this is my opinion,, opinion that might change in the future regarding the nerfs and buffs to some ships and the addition of new nations( Italy, commonwealth, pan-america, poland)

Hope that helps ;)

• Cool 3

Players
2,261 posts
245 battles

I really like french ships with british ships being a close second.

the lines that i have taken above tier 5 are...

French cruisers and battleships, german dd’s and battleships, jap cruisers and dd’s, us cv’s and bb’s (gave up at the new york). British cruisers and battleships.

thats what ive gone up so far but my tier 7, 8 and 9 has been the french cruisers so far.

[HOO]
Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

He was talking about their armor :fish_book:

Again, since when?

Some of the bb's are not as tough as others but only the Nelson can be described as "paper". Angle properly and don't offer broadsides and the Brits can tank aswell as anyone

[BLITZ]
Players
2,640 posts
9,896 battles
3 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

Again, since when?

Some of the bb's are not as tough as others but only the Nelson can be described as "paper". Angle properly and don't offer broadsides and the Brits can tank aswell as anyone

Yet they melt when HE-spammed. Tier nine and ten have 32 mm plating all over the place, compared to 38, 50, 57, 80, or even 145 and 150. It's the same like the French ones. UK has superior heals, France speed to counter that.

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles
4 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

Again, since when?

Since Nelson actually has 32mm Upper belt and deck armor, its pretty tanked when angled properly. The only thing which eats a nelson alive, is a Musashi. You only have to protect your broadside, and your bow/aft section, which is hard to hit if you have a good angle and dont sit still.

Apart from that, they are VERY fragile against HE spam, pretty much every ship after the Iron Duke. And T8+ is vulnerable to Musashi and Yamato - more than other BBs as @B0Tato showed (32mm overmatch everywhere, US/IJN/KM are more resilient on T9+10 and Bismarck ofc).

QE gets overmatched everywhere by 380mm+ caliber, and so does KGV.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,581 posts
10,610 battles
9 hours ago, Animalul2012 said:

1-Japan: this is WG favorite nation, destroyers got buffed almost every patch

laugh meme.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
345 posts

British Cruisers still my favourite. Really enjoyed using Leander and Fiji to do the tasks in the Exeter event (apart from the fire one of course but that was short work with Nelson)

Enjoying midrange French BBs and cruisers.

Have hated anything Japanese I’ve tried.

[M_OB]
Players
514 posts
4,282 battles

USN by far. Not only because they are the nation in the game with the least amount of fictional ships but also because.

* Amoung the most accurate guns, BBs and Cruisers alike

* Radar

* Best AA in the game

* Best hybrid DDs also the only DD that has radar and smoke at the same time, and the only BB with radar

Overall versatile ships that can be used for everything well. All other nations have considerable weaknesses.

Japan = Has zero AA more or less across all lines

Soviet = Almost all ships in all lines are fictional. Cruisers are very very fragile and most DDs lack carry capacity except for perhaps Grozovoi

German = Easely the worst nation in the game. BBs are absolute garbage, DDs have way long detection range and Cruisers are too bland and boring

UK = BBs lack carry capcity, Cruisers are difficult to play well and DDs are way too situational. It is my second favorite nation however

Panasia = only one line and their great weakness is the lack of being able to hit other DDs with torps

French = Lack a DD class. BBs are inconsistant, small caliber guns that requires you to fire a lot of HE. Cruisers are good but lack tools to do things other than damage farming

• Cool 1

Players
816 posts

American BB line seems pretty good. The N Cor at T8 is a good BB, but the USN BB's seem to lose out a little after that to other nations BB moving up to T9/10

Best DD ships. I'd have to say the JAP ones because they simply have a good torp range for lower tier play at 7/8 tiers.

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
168 posts
8,242 battles

IJN Cruisers - all very strong kiters, usefull torps and enough camo to sneak around a litle when needed. And they all play the same, if you like the Furutaka you like the Zao aswell. Its a fairly simple line, they just love to kite annoying or big targets and happily nuking and burning them down.

German DDs - They sit pretty much in the middle of the DD spectrum, you can work with a couple of specs, but at higher tier you can spec them for 1 min torp

reloads, and you stil have hydro to bully other DDs.

US cruisers - The lights are pretty fun at the moment, large ammount of tools to use, AA, hydro, radar, hydro, heals, spotter or cat fighters they have it all. Try the Dallas and you will know how the rest of line plays.

The heavies are bit trickier to play correctly but stil have nice ammount of tools. they do get better the hihger the tier.
Just dont judge them by Omaha or Phoenix, those 2 are basicly just oversized DDs. The Dallas and Pensacola is pretty much where the line really start taking off.

German cruisers - overall very fun, but they do transit from beeing light cruisers upto the tier 7 -8 to beeing proper heavy cruisers in the tier 9 and 10.
Konigsberg and the Nukeberg are very hard hitting light cruisers for the tiers. Personally i found the yorck a bit of a let down after those, but it get better with the hipper even though the hipper plays like a sluggish light cruiser. the Roon is where the heavy cruiser fun starts. 

French BBs - they start of a bit slow, but the fun really starts with the Lyon, nasty litle shotgun boat that it is. only gets better from there, nice allround BBs.

French cruiser - alltough fun to play i cant find anything they can really do better than a German or IJN cruiser.

German BBs - the guns can be a litle trolly if have a waterline fetish, the armor and manouvering make them great close up however. And ofc you have secondary fun from the Gneise and up.

Now a few that imo arent really worth it

UK BBs - Underwhelming is the kindest word i can find for that whole line, only grind it out if you want/need a Conq and have no FXP to skip from tier 5 to 10.

RU Cruisers - The middle tiers dont really offer much more to the table then a bit of range over the USN ones. The Moskva is only something i would consider for competitive, not really for randoms.

PA DDs - they where fun for a bit, but the novelty deep water torps only gimps them against other DDs

[BODEM]
Players
320 posts
5,124 battles

For this game, I'm pro Brittania. Both their DDs and CLs work great for me. Fiji and Lightning are prolly my fave Silver ships. Their BBs are great up to T7. T8/10 are just too cross eyed to hit something reliably. I love KGV though. Their CV is a middle of the road kinda thing for me. 

I don't really have a nation that is anywhere near awefull. They all have their fun stuff and stong points. Though I'm mediocre with most ;)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,318 posts
2,517 battles

The best nation in the game? That must be the Commonwealth, since all of its ships are outstanding in one way or another!

• The Haida: The fightingest ship in the Royal Canadian navy, and probably the best dedicated DD vs. DD gun boat out there. Trigger your moving smoke, activate your hydro, and blast everything that dares approach you!
  • The Perth: Simply the world's cutest little cruiser! Her combination of moving smoke, spotter plane, hydro and good armaments makes her one of the most versatile ships in the game. Also, she's got koalas!
  • The Vampire: Put your 19-point Haida Captain in this little tier III beauty, and feast on the tears of your enemies! (Warning: Repeated exposure may cause feelings of shame and self-loathing.)

:Smile_veryhappy:

[BPL]
Players
50 posts
1,903 battles

What I don't understand is why make a whole play-style based on a nation, rather than possible (or even fictional) modifications?

@MrConway Had already said that it is not in WG plans to turn it into historical ship simulator...

Seems like WG tried to encourage playing different nations, rather than letting the player have the power to choose the preferred play-style for himself/herself. :fish_book:

I think it would have been much more fun to experiment mounting different kinds of armaments (that nations historically had, or at least had some hypothetical design schematics) ranging from additional AA, torpedo launchers, to catapult planes (which should be more useful than what we have now)...