Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AirSupremacy

CV rework, CV returns - Tier 1 ship XP is wasted for experienced players

28 comments in this topic

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Maybe you know this -  I didnt. Have a laugh or take it seriously to be informed.

Heres my short story of CV returns.

I was not aware that Tier1 ship XP cannot be used for anything, if the following ship is already researched.

After selling and buying the CV Midway a few times during the rework + 15 to 20 carrier captain resets which had either been charged dubloons, free XP or captain XP where the charge type is decided more or less by the charge system randomly,

got free XP from WG for return chaos with the Haku, performed a few Midways sales (and sold all other US carriers) and rebuys and finally have 6.4 million ships XP on the Tier 1 Eerie class as final outcome which can not be used for anything...

As the Wargaming rules are that you can only use ship XP to research the next tier (Tier 2) with Tier 1 ship XP.

Pointing out that the Tier1 ship tooltip has the wording "Research next tier ships",

gets ticket replies stating general WG terms of service and that Tier1 ship XP can only be used to research Tier2 ships.

If you have Tier 2 already researched, all Tier 1 ship XP is wasted according to WG support staff. Trying to research any other ship in the US or Japan branch does not work, if Tier 2 ships or the next connected ship to Tier 1 has been researched.

Now the best: Re-purchasing the entire US/JP CV line only works with free XP - I sunk another 800000 Free XP on that to have my Midway back.

In my opinion, this should be possible with the Tier1 US Erie ship XP !

Ignore in-game text content and tooltips, they can't be relied on.

tier1 has 5mio xp.jpg

Old 5.4 Million Tier 1 screenshot, its 6.4 Million Ship XP now on the Erie.

----------------------

Updated note from me, 20/03/2019 UTC19:26

If CV carriers have been researched, then returned (more than once), why would they need to be researched again ?

In case of CV carrier returns...Charging nearly 800K of free XP over and over again for the CV research of the line seems odd and unfair to me.

The system of returning research XP for the US/JP currently to the unusable Tier 1 ship XP is a big disadvantage to the usual games research system, IMHO.

IMHO a CV ship once researched should remain researched.

[CATS]
Players
17,833 posts
11,758 battles

If a ship is Tier III, it is not next Tier....

Some ships have multiple next Tier ships...

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Ok dear @ColonelPete

...In this case its about the remaining 1 week of the CV rework "Test Phase".

Guys, be warned. If you buy the Midway and Haku, then sell it and re-buy it - It will amount to up to 800000 free XP costs, including all modules and gadgets.

I sunk over 1 million free XP on this mess.

A rebuy of the carriers should be taken from Tier 1 ships XP, where some players have millions of XP on - Also due to the CV rework return process.

Forgot to say that I sunk also 100-200 Million Credits on all this over the last few weeks.

I need a beer now.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
16,579 battles

I 'sold' back my T6 and T8 pre rework CV's and generated enough free XP to gain the Hakuru..... I also gained 5000 dubloons for a camo I was unaware that I had so all good news..... captain respec was FoC per the rules and so far all it has cost me is the credits to buy the Carriers back to T10.... which when you take into account the refunds was only the actual cost of the T10.. so, for me the system worked perfectly.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,390 posts
6,781 battles

Every CV researched after the rework would not give you your FreeXP back. That should have been clear. And that you cant research ships with ship XP which are further behind in the same nation has always been like that.

"next tier shipS" means, that you might be able to research several ships in the next (or same) tier, like from Chester you go to St. Louis and Sampson. Thats 2 shipS to research.

What you mean would be written like this

"next tierS shipS" -> then it would include several tiers down the line.

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Thanks for your input.

Do you find it fair that previous ship XP is not passed on to the entire following line ?

If I may ask, what's your opinion on that ?

If CV carriers have been researched, then returned (more than once), why would they need to be researched again ?

In case of CV carrier returns...Charging nearly 800K of free XP over and over again for the CV research of the line seems odd and unfair to me.

The system of returning research XP for the US/JP currently to the unusable Tier 1 ship XP is a big disadvantage to the usual games research system, IMHO.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles

I'm just wondering why return XP to the player on stuff researched post rework in the first place. Sell any other silver ship and you get 50% credit value of the ship sold but no return in XP.

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

In this case the player is charged 700-800K  Free XP everytime if he sells the entire US/JP carrier line ( after perhaps a one off XP refund on request to WG support ).

I returned US carrier lines multiple times, every CV full line re-research is currently charged up to 800K of Free XP.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles
2 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

In this case the player is charged 700-800K  Free XP everytime if he sells the entire US/JP carrier line ( after perhaps a one off XP refund on request to WG support ).

I returned carrier lines multiple times, every full line is currently charged up to 800K of Free XP.

Why return multiple times???... Dosen't make sense at all

• Cool 1

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

May seem so, not if one is undecided over the last 6 weeks since the CV rework.

I decided 2 days ago to only sell my Haku CV line once. That was XP refunded from WG 2 days ago.

A refund for rebuying the US CV line was denied, so I had to pay 800000 Free XP for the re-research of the US CV line.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,536 posts
Vor 23 Minuten, AirSupremacy sagte:

Do you find it fair that previous ship XP is not passed on to the entire following line ?

of course...

Vor 23 Minuten, AirSupremacy sagte:

because you returned them...

Vor 24 Minuten, AirSupremacy sagte:

it is only your own fault if you do it over and over again...

Vor 25 Minuten, AirSupremacy sagte:

don't return it then it remains researched...

Vor 9 Minuten, AirSupremacy sagte:

I returned US carrier lines multiple times, every CV full line re-research is currently charged up to 800K of Free XP.

:Smile_facepalm:

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Im afraid the US & JP CV line does not remain researched if fully returned.

Currently the re-research of the US or JP CV line costs up to 800000 Free XP.

3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

of course...

because you returned them...

it is only your own fault if you do it over and over again...

don't return it then it remains researched... 

:Smile_facepalm:

[NWP]
Players
5,390 posts
6,781 battles
19 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

Thanks for your input.

If I may ask, what's your opinion on that ?

I think its ok the way it is now. Otherwise, it would be easier to skip "bad" (whether they are bad or the player just doesnt like it is irrelevant here) ships and play the previous one which is more fun.

Lets take Amagi -> Izumo -> Yamato as an example BEFORE Izumo got buffed recently. Most people didnt like Izumo, and used FreeXP to skip it. If you could use Amagis XP (or any other before that), to skip Izumo, it would have been way easier, so you could use the FreeXP for something else.

On another hand, people use money (doubloons) so they can convert elite XP to FreeXP, so its one income for WG aswell. From my personal pov, i think its ok because i dont need to convert FreeXP, i can live with the amount i get from playing the game.

19 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

So you did sell the CVs through the Inventory?

If you would sell them like normal ships in port, you wouldnt lose the researched status, But ofc you get only half the price back like any other ship.

Either way, i dont know why you would re-research the CVs several times?

Players
6,133 posts
8,353 battles
44 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

Ok dear @ColonelPete

...In this case its about the remaining 1 week of the CV rework "Test Phase".

Guys, be warned. If you buy the Midway and Haku, then sell it and re-buy it - It will amount to up to 800000 free XP costs, including all modules and gadgets.

I sunk over 1 million free XP on this mess.

A rebuy of the carriers should be taken from Tier 1 ships XP, where some players have millions of XP on - Also due to the CV rework return process.

Forgot to say that I sunk also 100-200 Million Credits on all this over the last few weeks.

I need a beer now.

You mean something announced before 0.8.0 hit?:cap_popcorn:

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

I decided 2 days ago to only sell my Haku CV line once. That was XP refunded from WG 2 days ago.

That players currently have to pay up to 800000 Free XP for the CV line re-research is the frustrating part - In my case I re-researched the US CV line.

Not everyone has made up their mind from day one of the CV rework, the CV line return "Offer" is now ongoing since 6 weeks.

A 2nd thought decision currently requires 800000 Free XP, as the entire line needs to be re-researched if the entire line was fully given away previously.

8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think its ok the way it is now. Otherwise, it would be easier to skip "bad" (whether they are bad or the player just doesnt like it is irrelevant here) ships and play the previous one which is more fun.

Lets take Amagi -> Izumo -> Yamato as an example BEFORE Izumo got buffed recently. Most people didnt like Izumo, and used FreeXP to skip it. If you could use Amagis XP (or any other before that), to skip Izumo, it would have been way easier, so you could use the FreeXP for something else.

On another hand, people use money (doubloons) so they can convert elite XP to FreeXP, so its one income for WG aswell. From my personal pov, i think its ok because i dont need to convert FreeXP, i can live with the amount i get from playing the game.

So you did sell the CVs through the Inventory?

If you would sell them like normal ships in port, you wouldnt lose the researched status, But ofc you get only half the price back like any other ship.

Either way, i dont know why you would re-research the CVs several times? 

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles

That's why you make a final decision on to keep them or not on the final day of the refund offer... Sorry but you created your own mess

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Haha, thanks :D

Yeah, re-researching ships for Free XP is great fun !

[CATS]
Players
17,833 posts
11,758 battles

Had you just sold the ships instead of giving them back a second time.

The game even shows you that you do not get Free XP the second time...

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
390 posts
7,168 battles

I am not sure i understand OPs question? 

You returned / re researched the CV line multiple times and retrained your captain 15-20 times b/c you where not sure if you liked it? yet you have played almost 1k battles in the new midway alone. 

Atleast the rework seems to have made you into a not too shitty cv captain. same as me... 

• Cool 1

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

I`ll tick it off as lost internet click money, the next 800 sunk Musashi`s will repay the milion of free xp.

Anno 1800 is soon out anyway and submarines will probably take a year to arrive, saves me spending 500usd with WG in the time.

Happy WoWs everyone, sink them all dear @Namuras  :)

:crab:

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
390 posts
7,168 battles
7 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

I`ll tick it off as lost internet click money, the next 800 sunk Musashi`s will repay the milion of free xp.

Anno 1800 is soon out anyway and submarines will probably take a year to arrive, saves me spending 500usd with WG in the time.

Happy WoWs everyone, sink them all dear @Namuras  :)

:crab:

You do you... i am just seriously confused. :)

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Thanks. I think the problem was that initially I was promised a 5.4 million free xp conversion 2 days ago. Then I only received a haku refund of 800k, the same amount of Free XP which I spent recently as I researched the Haku during the CV rework time. Then I believed that a US line re-research ( with US ship XP ) would give me free US XP back, but after returning all US carriers the only option was to spend 800k Free XP to re-research them. The Midway US line was research something like 2 years ago by myself.

I was not aware that "ship re-research" is an implemented solution by Wargaming.

Basically it was all a big puff which just created frustration, due to expectations.

At the end, there is probably a virtual deficit of 0.2 - 1 Million Free XP ( depending on what is considered )

and 100-200 million credits, but anyways...I just need to forget it, its click-click-click virtual stuff.

I hope this clears the confusion up :)

I hope WG gets away from ship re-researches, no matter what the users come up with and click on.

Users complain that the default for camo`s resupply and other things is the tickbox default active "Resupply with dubloons",

its just all these little traps which add up.

Kind regards,

Air

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
1 hour ago, AirSupremacy said:

Not everyone has made up their mind from day one of the CV rework, the CV line return "Offer" is now ongoing since 6 weeks.

If you hadn't made up your mind, why refund the ships?

You have something, you're not sure if you want to keep it, so you sell it. But you're not sure you wanted to sell it so you buy it back. But you're still not sure if you want to keep it so you sell it again. Does this sound reasonable?

Anyway, it sucks, but... I have a strong feeling that even if you initially misunderstood things, there was a point pretty early on when you could (and should) have realized that something isn't working like you expected - and that was the point to look for information or even ask on the forum in case of doubts...

• Cool 1

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Yes, the information was available - Sure.

But if someone writes to you that they want to refund 5.4 Million Midway XP to Free XP ( Midway was researched 2-3 years ago), but then choose to just refund the 800K from the recent 800K Haku research purchase and writes to you "Haku Free XP refund as an exception". Of course it then was my mistake then to return all US CV`s in hope to get some Free Midway XP back and then to see on-screen that the only way to regain a playable CV Midway is to spend another 800K Free XP. Its frustrating :(

--------------

If have updated this line "...5.4 Million Midway XP to Free XP..." above, to avoid XP confusion. This was an initial WG suggestion which never happened. Thanks for asking in your follow up reply @Namuras

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
390 posts
7,168 battles

Could it be that you are confusing elite XP and free XP?

Not sure how else this computes... 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this