You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Anymn

Trying to learn modding by using unbound

2 comments in this topic

[RHPA]
Beta Tester
36 posts
2,220 battles

I love World of Warships, and would love to enlarge the fun I have to it. However, more and more often I'm not entering a battle as I get 'scared away' from the cluttered Port UI. Being a developer, my thought is: let's write a mod for this!  However, I get stuck and would love to receive some help.

What do I try to achieve:

• Remove Notification icons that tell me when there is news. (I already use a RSS feed for the wows website, no need to see it in-game)
  • Remove info text in Commander Skills menu

• Remove 'Premium Benefits' info text in Module Screen menu

• Hide Mission, Lootboxes, Campaign buttons in the Port UI. Only when I hover my mouse close to the left-screen border, those will show up.

Now, I will try to do this in the order as presented, as this would be a nice learning curve for me as well. Undoubtedly, the last item will be the hardest.

What did I find out:

I started reading the Modding Sections of this forum, and Unpacked the WoWs files with the tool. I found out that I'll need to edit some stuff into gui/unbound/dock.xml, most likely the icon_sticker_new as this most likely is the notification icon.

I also found the Unbound How-to, and trying to following this guide. 

Where did I get stuck:

I'm unable to perform the compilation process as shortly described here:

Spoiler

Please note!

To have changes made to the XML file displayed in the game client, you need to assemble an SWF file https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/51786-правка-unbound-xml/, put it in “World_of_Warships\res_mods\<game_version>\gui\flash”, put USSExpressionsLoader.xml next to it with the path to the SWF file added to it, put the updated XML file in “World_of_Warships\res_mods\<game_version>\gui\unbound” and start the game. We assemble the SWF file again after every change.

I followed the link, downloaded the available .zip files from the linked Google Drive. However, no xml2as.zip file was included. This means I'm not able to continue with following the instructions.

Now my question is: How can I proceed? This post is from 2016, but at the same time there are actual files from update 0.8.1.1. Has the procedure changed in the meantime?

I would be glad if some instructions could be given.