Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AirSupremacy

Please add Submarines to counter CV`s

24 comments in this topic

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Please add Submarines to counter CV`s ( and anything else ) - Thank you.

Also please increase random matches to a total of 32 players, many thanks.

:crab:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
452 posts
10,289 battles

Unless your submarine spawns 2km from the enemy CV, it's not going to counter it

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles

Unless we get raceboat subs, do not count on subs being useful vs CV.

• Cool 2

[4_0_4]
Players
5,471 posts
11,652 battles
1 hour ago, AirSupremacy said:

And how should subs "counter" CVs? Considering a match can max run 20 mins, the max time of a sub being submerged can be 3 mins in order to keep it balance.

And during the time it's not submerged, it'll target practice for the CV, considering how slow subs are.

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Good DD currently are able to sneak over to the enemy CV`s, I see no stealth disadvantage comparing a Shimakaze with a T10 submarine.

Everytime WG implements new things into the game there will be moaning.

Similar to the players blaming the matchmaking if they get sunk in a match - According to some sunken moaners its always the matchmaking fault :D

Like with the Alaska ship, there will be surely more upcoming ships with new gadgets to make players happy.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles
13 hours ago, AirSupremacy said:

Good DD currently are able to sneak over to the enemy CV`s, I see no stealth disadvantage comparing a Shimakaze with a T10 submarine.

That are not good DD...

Investing minutes of game time into doing nothing else than sneaking around to get close to a CV is a waste of effort. Especially when you are easily caught in the act and any half decent CV moved his ship away...

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
On 3/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, ColonelPete said:

That are not good DD...

Investing minutes of game time into doing nothing else than sneaking around to get close to a CV is a waste of effort. Especially when you are easily caught in the act and any half decent CV moved his ship away...

Don't have to....you can put them ahead of the fleet, but at the same travel time as DD*  to nearest cap. Ofc capping must be done at the surface.

* with engine boost active ofc

Submarines will be the true stealth hunters, but at the cost of slow speed and complexity of having to submerge and surface regularly. DD can hunt submarines, torpedo or shell them at the surface, or depth charge them in the deep. Those DD players that are against it should really consider what it is they are against. In a DD their game will improve as they will be an important class again for other far more skilled duties then cap rushing.  When they want to sneak around in stealth an even better ship will be available to them, i expect many to embrace it and some time after will cry for DD nerfing :-))))

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles

I played the Uboats and I did not like them. They were too slow. And these were already made unnatural quick.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,250 battles

Submarines were fun in Steel Ocean. The Halloween subs would be okay, if they would be less arcade like, but guess they were desinged like that because of Halloween gimmicks. (I mean this instant submerge stuff)

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

But @AirSupremacy is right about submarines being one of the greatest threats to CV, other then other CV.

Although the pair of Gneisenau and Scharnhorst did bag the HMS Glorious by shellfire,and the in game Acasta with it.

• Cool 1

[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,795 posts
8,020 battles
On 3/22/2019 at 8:17 AM, Beastofwar said:

But @AirSupremacy is right about submarines being one of the greatest threats to CV, other then other CV.

Although the pair of Gneisenau and Scharnhorst did bag the HMS Glorious by shellfire,and the in game Acasta with it.

The Game is not the reality.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
3 hours ago, Igarigen said:

The Game is not the reality.

And ? In game BB's and cruisers kill CV all the time. They are better at it then DD actually, although a DD is often involved as foreward spotter.

DD are very poor as CV killer, it is more likely they get killed when attempting it. They will be killed when not backed up when they try to kill my CV......not only by (nerfed) strike fighters but by far reaching high ROF ( secondary build ) secondaries....that find all unarmoured ships very yummi....

So enter submarines. Depth charges. For DD, CL and CV. Will be a much better, deeper  game if they do.

Ofcourse rigid simpletons do not want changes. Well, their brains will have to hurt, but even they will adapt. CV rework has proven that.

• Funny 1

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

I do wonder what WG will integrate after Submarines and after Waterbombs ?

Guided Missiles ? Some new gadgets ? 32 Players per match ? Or another 200 similar ships ?

What do you think ?

Wishing everyone a nice Sunday :)

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
1 hour ago, AirSupremacy said:

I do wonder what WG will integrate after Submarines and after Waterbombs ?

Guided Missiles ? Some new gadgets ? 32 Players per match ? Or another 200 similar ships ?

What do you think ?

Wishing everyone a nice Sunday :)

The "other" game with a more simulator approach but the same vehicles in general said "no guided weapons, ever" and "no weapons after 1950" look where they are now........

WG will have to move. If other games offer more interesting gameplay, cunstomers will eventually leave. You can't stay the same only appealing to some rigid, inflexible core of conservatists that are against anything new added and stay in buisiness for a long time.

• Cool 2

Players
390 posts
2,176 battles

Best they leave any major change and months of subsequent tweaking for a couple of years and focus on gameplay as has been demonstrated during the CV rework. CV players are divided, surface players are divided, the feedback is so heavily biased it's practically useless.

Larger teams in CoOp and Randoms would be nice, perhaps an extra 4 ships in each for now, submarines will just divide the player base even more and when they come there'll be a horrific backlash when people realise they are slow, fragile and won't actually be a means to just score damage whilst hiding. Besides, nobody will enter caps if there's a sub in there, including DD's, so capping becomes a submarine cat and mouse game while the surface ships pinwheel in blobs to avoid subs and CV's more than ever.

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

The "other" game with a more simulator approach but the same vehicles in general said "no guided weapons, ever" and "no weapons after 1950" look where they are now........

WG will have to move. If other games offer more interesting gameplay, cunstomers will eventually leave. You can't stay the same only appealing to some rigid, inflexible core of conservatists that are against anything new added and stay in buisiness for a long time.

I wish we had the little impact monitor window from the "Other Game" :-)

...so that we can exactly see where shells, rockets, bombs whatever impact.

I guess that 99% of players don't know that CV pilots like me sometimes throw HE(Midway)&AP(Haku) bombs sideways into ships, so that side armor is affected. Some of my bombs drops are actually so low ( 1 meter? ) that the impacts can wipe out an entire plane squadron in the process.

Speaking for myself I don't see much motivation to play WoWs after the Anno1800 and the future release of the TheyAreBillions Campaign,

so I hope WG adds new content during 2019, besides new Similar-Ship-Clones-Nr.100-200

Before the CV rework, I did a 1-year break from WoWs, waiting for day 1 of the rework.

Now the game feels a bit stale for me without new Gadgets, Submarines, DD & Plane Waterbombs, Plane Smoke Bombs, a dedicated new Gunboat with Guided Missiles, 32 players per match etc.

[WTFNO]
Players
151 posts
10,608 battles
On 3/19/2019 at 9:57 PM, AirSupremacy said:

Also please increase random matches to a total of 32 players, many thanks.

Introducing the sub class is going to change the game a lot, and can make it really interesting as well. I m just "worried" of the potato player base, if it s going to give any good to the games....  :/

[YARRR]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
93 posts
2,595 battles

Sub will destroy the game. I've seen the introduction of submarines decimate the player population of another navy game years ago (NavyField). Please don't.

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
812 battles
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, AirSupremacy said:

please increase random matches to a total of 32 players

For even more frequent roflstomps? :cap_haloween:

Players
118 posts
25,520 battles
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, Beastofwar said:

Don't have to....you can put them ahead of the fleet, but at the same travel time as DD*  to nearest cap. Ofc capping must be done at the surface.

* with engine boost active ofc

Submarines will be the true stealth hunters, but at the cost of slow speed and complexity of having to submerge and surface regularly. DD can hunt submarines, torpedo or shell them at the surface, or depth charge them in the deep. Those DD players that are against it should really consider what it is they are against. In a DD their game will improve as they will be an important class again for other far more skilled duties then cap rushing.  When they want to sneak around in stealth an even better ship will be available to them, i expect many to embrace it and some time after will cry for DD nerfing :-))))

Thats crap

The subs during the Halloween patch were pretty agile; they dived quickly en also pretty fast enough imo. With some rework they could make a whole new challenging branch which would cause extra perks also for the captains and modules. And btw many ships have already hyrdo but the sub should be invisebel on radar. So you have an extra option to take a cap. DD s will have extra weaponry like dive bombs and hedgehog kindof stuff. Maybe fake-debriss is also an option for defence. Killing a sub ingame should therefore have a standard delay on the scoreboard.

A sub s reload time should be balanced of course and the amount of torps should not be that much of a Dd. I guess at most 4 at once with max 2 on the aft. Subs should be capable to have 1 gun that the player can aim and control.

[CROHR]
Players
25 posts
9,391 battles

o yes please put submarines in game and say goodbay to players and helo to dying game.

all wich want submarines in game are noobs and bots and they dont know to play this game.

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

During matches it is always funny to hear some ranting, swearing and bantering from the faction of "The sunk".

[TSR]
Players
20 posts

The game is sometimes called World Of Torpedoes  , and rightly so , adding more torpedoes from subs too ? Good idea ?? 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this