You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valoaa

Super high base XP games... 5488

20 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Players
137 posts
9,086 battles

Whilst checking my stats I noticed the highest base XP I received in Jean Bart is a whopping '5488 base XP"

1781496263_Screenshot2019-03-19at16_18_09.thumb.png.2efc94997105803da13667e237258f3a.png

Here is the reply (quite sick game to be honest regardless of this post) - https://replayswows.com/replay/42942#stats

Now, I've noticed this on a few different ships in my stats in the last couple of years, where I have received very high base XP 4000+ which I just don't remember. (4167 base XP on my Farragut for example just doesn't add up haha).

I checked by base XP amongst all others after every game and it feels like this is something I would notice.

I could be wrong but unfortunately, the reply does not show the actual XP in the score bored which is very annoying.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,789 posts
Vor 1 Minute, valoaa sagte:

Whilst checking my stats I noticed the highest base XP I received in Jean Bart is a whopping '5488 base XP"

the BaseXP shown in the stats includes Premium (if you have/had), as opposed to the 'real' BaseXP used for missions/...

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

the BaseXP shown in the stats includes Premium (if you have/had), as opposed to the 'real' BaseXP used for missions/...

this. Which, unfortunately, makes the XP stat utterly useless.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,418 posts
8,803 battles

This gets even worse now with the new WoWs premium account.

We have 3 different values:

Standard without Premium

Old/Normal Premium x1,5

New WoWs premiums x1,65

Basicly you can guess which amounts of XP are earned with Premium, and which not. 5548 with 1,65 modifier would be 3326 Base XP or with 1,5 modifier 3698 base XP.

[POMF]
Players
137 posts
9,086 battles
5 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

Ah I didn't know this! Thanks.

Bit silly though

[TOXIC]
Players
4,645 posts
11,699 battles
6 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Bit silly though

This is really stupid because average XP would actually be a pretty decent aggregate stat to look at to give you some idea of a player's (or your own) performance. It takes into account the %damage rather than absolute damage dealt. It accounts for other aspects (though damage and victories are by far the most counted). Putting it simply an yourAverageXP/shipAverageXP*1000 would be a much better stat than the current wtr and the like. And all that goes straight to the trash just because WG decided to make the stat meaningless by including premium time bonus :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 6

[CATS]
Players
26,027 posts
14,064 battles
7 minutes ago, valoaa said:

Bit silly though

You can see your Base XP on this page:

34865_775_1541949842.jpg

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,645 posts
11,699 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

You can see your Base XP on this page:

34865_775_1541949842.jpg

I think he knows it, he just assumed (since that would be literally the only sensible way that would work) that the average/maximum XP actually shows average/maximum baseXP.

Ok, I could also imagine a special stat for "maximum XP with all the modifiers" as sort of "how high can I pump that" stat (my personal record is slightly above 40400 I think) but having a value that includes SOME bonuses but not the others... doesn't even serve that kind of purpose.

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,350 posts
9,520 battles
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

This is really stupid because average XP would actually be a pretty decent aggregate stat to look at to give you some idea of a player's (or your own) performance.

It would. But you know p2w. A bit here. A bit more there.

Players
344 posts
3,100 battles
1 hour ago, _Bajkal said:

It would. But you know p2w. A bit here. A bit more there.

? How exactly is an increase in a meaningless stat on a page on the official website p2w? Do you win more? No. Does it affect the gameplay in any way? No.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,350 posts
9,520 battles
1 hour ago, who_dares_wins said:

? How exactly is an increase in a meaningless stat on a page on the official website p2w? Do you win more? No. Does it affect the gameplay in any way? No.

It boost your xp in statistics by a lot. I mean 50% or 65% is a lot. If you want to argue fine it's not a p2w but those who pay for premium will have higher xp than those who doesn't. I just drop that aspect into p2w bag.

Players
344 posts
3,100 battles
8 hours ago, _Bajkal said:

It boost your xp in statistics by a lot. I mean 50% or 65% is a lot. If you want to argue fine it's not a p2w but those who pay for premium will have higher xp than those who doesn't. I just drop that aspect into p2w bag.

Remind me again what the W stands for? Win. Not "have a higher number that no one cares about".

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
29 minutes ago, who_dares_wins said:

Remind me again what the W stands for? Win. Not "have a higher number that no one cares about".

You speak the truth, fren.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,389 posts
15,273 battles

Hi all,

16 hours ago, Klopirat said:

Correct!

BTW, long long long time ago the WG WoWS Stats API gave out the "Base XP" (i.e. the pure one - unchanged by "Premium" account if present)... unfortunately that was then changed to include "Premium Account" influence... I really don't know why was that chosen (even after all this time)... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
4,922 battles

This stat also includes the +100% or +200% for a first win multiplier.

My highest expi game according to my profile is 5046 xp in a game with my Mahan.

I can tell you .... I hated that boat, and never did particularly well in it. But apparently I got a pretty decent game on a +500% for the first win weekend.

The expi stat is completely useless.

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles

Someone once termed having a premium account as "pay to get ahead". That is, you get more xp per battle, and so you can get up the tech lines faster and also get captain skills faster - but having a premium account doesn't make it easier to win any battles. I thought that was a pretty neat definition.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,283 battles
18 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Standard without Premium

Old/Normal Premium x1,5

New WoWs premiums x1,65

Basicly you can guess which amounts of XP are earned with Premium, and which not. 5548 with 1,65 modifier would be 3326 Base XP or with 1,5 modifier 3698 base XP.

Well that explains why I beat my previous record in a game I didnt realize was particularly good with the JB. My previous record was an insane wooster game where I had like 40 plane kills (with the old CV system).

Players
1,139 posts
18,207 battles

Yes, the presence of premium time increases the top base XP shown compared to the one stated in the post-battle results. And yes, now things are more troublesome due to having 2 different premium account types and bonuses.

I noticed it in my account (well, to be fair, in WoWS Numbers, because they have an "important moments" section for showing new ships and records) after acquiring Missouri and getting my very first real +3k base XP, only not to see it reflected. It just happened I didn't have premium time at that time unlike during my top damage battle with Shima two months before. I "improved" that score later with Minotaur and old Midway, but I do know I've only surpassed 3k with Mo and Jean Bart.

Salute.

Players
246 posts
4,052 battles
21 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Standard without Premium

Old/Normal Premium x1,5

New WoWs premiums x1,65

Hang about. I haven't played for a while. What is this new level of Premium account of which you speak? Is it an extra extra cost Premium account option?

[SHAFT]
Players
9,418 posts
8,803 battles
4 minutes ago, DiggerPH said:

Hang about. I haven't played for a while. What is this new level of Premium account of which you speak? Is it an extra extra cost Premium account option?

The normal Premium account works for all WG games, but for WoWs we have a special premium account now. Same price as the other one was before, but if you are only playing WoWs, you get a little extra out of it.