You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yaskaraxx

Atlanta (VII) - shooting range 15,5 kms???

74 comments in this topic

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,849 battles

I just played a battle with my Boise (VII) and while playing i noticed following:

I was very close to teammate battleship and our distance to enemy Atlanta was 15,5 km while Atlanta was battering + hitting my teammate battleship from range 15,5 km?????? This really happened and because i myself know Atlanta very good I was so amazingly puzzled to see that (15,5 kms????) so I stopped playing myself to mainly follow and watch that enemy Atlanta battering all kinds of ships far above max range (= ca 13,1 kms)...it kept shooting at ships from range 15kms??

So, this i want to know now: how can this be????? What is happening here?

• Boring 1

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,802 battles

1) Atlanta can't  fire at 15.5 kms, it just cant

2) if an atlanta can hit you, even in a bb, at your supposed 15.5kms range, you deserve to get melted, then put afloat, and then melted again. At that theoretical distance, the flight time would be in the 20-25 secs range

edit ( checked with the wows fitting tool): at 15.5 kms 127 he shells take 23.1 secs to land, enough for even a bb to do a U-turn in the meantime

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
7 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

1) Atlanta can't  fire at 15.5 kms, it just cant

2) if an atlanta can hit you, even in a bb, at your supposed 15.5kms range, you deserve to get melted, then put afloat, and then meled again. At that teoretical distance the flight time would be in the 20-25 secs range

this.

and 3) Atlanta can shoot out to 13.1km as you say - but at that range, targets have a good 15s or what it is to move closer to the Atlanta, so a fast ship going directly towards it can still manage to "run towards" where the shells are going from a decent distance further out.

and if that still doesn't satisfy you, then

4) replay or nobody is going to believe you...

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,742 posts
5,280 battles
11 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

I just played a battle with my Boise (VII) and while playing i noticed following:

I was very close to teammate battleship and our distance to enemy Atlanta was 15,5 km while Atlanta was battering + hitting my teammate battleship from range 15,5 km?????? This really happened and because i myself know Atlanta very good I was so amazingly puzzled to see that (15,5 kms????) so I stopped playing myself to mainly follow and watch that enemy Atlanta battering all kinds of ships far above max range (= ca 13,1 kms)...it kept shooting at ships from range 15kms??

So, this i want to know now: how can this be????? What is happening here?

It can't. Are you absolutely sure you have the correct culprit here?

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,849 battles

core of my question is: I KNOW that max range Atlanta (VII) = ca. max 13.1 km...so how on earth could that Atlanta be shooting + hitting my teammate battleship from range 15,5 km?? (was very close to my Boise, very close + range indicator 15,5 km)...there are only 2x possibilities:

1)

my range-indicator showing 15.5 kms distance was not accurate providing me with real distance???? Could be? Dunno, want to know!

or

2)

there is some "new" software around tempering with max firing ranges??? (...yeah, i mean cheating); is there something around lately that i do not know of yet??

...that i wanna know, because I am absolutely sure I saw it happening and I even stopped playing myself (Boise) just to fully focus and follow & watch what that Atlanta was doing there (shooting 15-15,5 km range???)...watched it for some 5 minutes, so i KNOW for sure. So, again, my core question: what is happening here???

[POMF]
Players
137 posts
9,103 battles
4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

4) replay or nobody is going to believe you...

Cor I'm looking forward to this reply fellas! 

• Cool 4

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,849 battles

...never ever saw such in any of my battles i ever played....amazing, left me puzzled!

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,742 posts
5,280 battles
1 minute ago, Yaskaraxx said:

core of my question is: I KNOW that max range Atlanta (VII) = ca. max 13.1 km...so how on earth could that Atlanta be shooting + hitting my teammate battleship from range 15,5 km?? (was very close to my Boise, very close + range indicator 15,5 km)...there are only 2x possibilities:

1)

my range-indicator showing 15.5 kms distance was not accurate providing me with real distance???? Could be? Dunno, want to know!

or

2)

there is some "new" software around tempering with max firing ranges??? (...yeah, i mean cheating); is there something around lately that i do not know of yet??

...that i wanna know, because I am absolutely sure I saw it happening and I even stopped playing myself (Boise) just to fully focus and follow & watch what that Atlanta was doing there (shooting 15-15,5 km range???)...watched it for some 5 minutes, so i KNOW for sure. So, again, my core question: what is happening here???

There is a third option: That you weren't even looking at the right target. 

And a fourth: that he was closer to your friend than he was to you.

• Funny 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

1)

or

2)

3)

you messed up somewhere

I know which of those three doesn't get cut away by Occam's Razor... give us the replay already^^

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,521 posts
5,980 battles

If you just played the battle, you should have the replay file stored still.

• Cool 1

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,849 battles
Just now, valoaa said:

Cor I'm looking forward to this reply fellas! 

...i never do replays, only thing I want is "signalling this out"...hoping WG reads + acts upon, resp will be on the look-out for such. What I told = true. I always post truth. Important this is put in "spotlight" so WG comes to know. Maybe this is some "new thing around out there"? just signalling. it would be wrong for me not to do so, cuz i love our great game. Take my word for it.  I signalled, so now i leave posting here re this subject. Could be range indicator having flaws from time to time? i do not know. bye

• Bad 2
  • Angry 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,742 posts
5,280 battles

...i never do replays, only thing I want is "signalling this out"...hoping WG reads + acts upon, resp will be on the look-out for such. What I told = true. I always post truth. Important this is put in "spotlight" so WG comes to know. Maybe this is some "new thing around out there"? just signalling. it would be wrong for me not to do so, cuz i love our great game. Take my word for it.  I signalled, so now i leave posting here re this subject. Could be range indicator having flaws from time to time? i do not know. bye

Acts on what exactly? You have no proof of what you're trying to claim.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
Just now, Yaskaraxx said:

Everyone do replays. Its a new feature save replays for the last 30 games... So no excuse

• Cool 5

Players
986 posts
11,558 battles
5 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

1)

or

2)

Mods, bugs or software which mess with firing range do not exist. 

However, i think there will be a fairly easy explanation here. 

- Firing range of Atlanta: 11.1km
- Firing range with AFT: 13.32km

- Suppose Atlanta and Boise (target) are sailing towards eachother, a distance of 15.5km already becomes the following effective distance: 
15.5- (Veff* t_t)
With Veff being the effective closing in velocity, which can go up to 60knts
and t_t the shell travel time. 

Furthermore, you said YOUR indicator was 15.5km. Let's assume the Boise is 1.5km closer- which really is not that much- and you already only have 14 left, meaning the lead distance (Veff*t_t) only needs to be 700m now, which really is not a lot at all for two cruisers closing in on eachother. 

Lots of possibilities, but believe me, nothing fishy happened here. 

Find your friends replay & see that i was right. 

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,521 posts
5,980 battles
3 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

I always post truth.

No. Maybe you post what you earnestly believe is the truth (alternatively, you're just trolling), but considering your generally rather tenuous relationship with reality, I think the safe bet here is not to trust you until you actually pony up a replay file.

And as mentioned, unless you have specifically chosen to disable them, you will have replays from the last thirty games stored in the replays folder under the main install folder.

• Cool 1

Players
986 posts
11,558 battles
4 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

You're signalling a "flaw", "cheat" or whatever- but it really is your and your friends inability to recognise a fairly standard game situation. Your 15.5km is also picked pretty randomly, as it is YOUR distance to the Atlanta, and he wasnt shooting at you, but at the Boise. 

We don't really accept cheating callouts without any form of proof here. 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,742 posts
5,280 battles
5 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

No. Maybe you post what you earnestly believe is the truth (alternatively, you're just trolling), but considering your generally rather tenuous relationship with reality, I think the safe bet here is not to trust you until you actually pony up a replay file.

Especially as nobody else has noted something like this before..

edit: whether you like it or not, the burden of proof is on you @Yaskaraxx

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,557 posts
23,765 battles

if so outstanding u sure took a screenshot at least.... like: i'm sure, who would not?!......................

range is 13.3km max and no plane available, so..... no sc, no replay, no way at all.....

52187a98bf24816c9bff78482d16009e9e49cb80

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles
12 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

...i never do replays.

Are you too cool for them? Or is there any other explanation?

• Funny 1

[NOCAP]
Players
5,697 posts
12,665 battles

Please upload the replay, either to a filehoster, as an Attachment here or to replayswows.com. Replays are activated automatically within your client, so unless you manually disabled them in the config files it should still be there. 

From a paper Value 15+km are impossible to reach for an Atlanta as her range is capped at 13.1km (with AFT) 

• Cool 2

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,849 battles
4 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Especially as nobody else has noted something like this before..

edit: whether you like it or not, the burden of proof is on you @Yaskaraxx

...act upon it, at this stage?, no. just an alert to be on the look-out for such. i mean, if something "new around out there", well, in time more and more will use it and THEN act upon it! time will tell and show, soon. I know what i saw. for me was 1st time ever i saw such. Then again, my maps show "ranges to other ships" and teammate battleship very close to me (besides my Boise, = same distance to Atlanta) 15.5 was range indicated; so no doubt there. Range indicator having flaws? i really do not know. but for sure watched that Atlanta shooting at ships from 15 km for some 5 minutes. imo, when players experience such it is GOOD to signal, so "things will be close watched" (=good!)...and that is good thing, supports the game. again I signaled, gonna play now, let it to the experts to monitor it properly. bye

• Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,742 posts
5,280 battles
4 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

...act upon it, at this stage?, no. just an alert to be on the look-out for such. i mean, if something "new around out there", well, in time more and more will use it and THEN act upon it! time will tell and show, soon. I know what i saw. for me was 1st time ever i saw such. Then again, my maps show "ranges to other ships" and teammate battleship very close to me (besides my Boise, = same distance to Atlanta) 15.5 was range indicated; so no doubt there. Range indicator having flaws? i really do not know. but for sure watched that Atlanta shooting at ships from 15 km for some 5 minutes. imo, when players experience such it is GOOD to signal, so "things will be close watched" (=good!)...and that is good thing, supports the game. again I signaled, gonna play now, let it to the experts to monitor it properly. bye

The experts would tell you the exact same thing we're telling you. "where is the proof?"

• Cool 1

Players
6,773 posts
245 battles

Damm the range on the atlanta is that small? Mind you i fight them very infrequently so i never bother to check. 

Maybe you had a UI bug in terms of the integers not displaying properly? Or saw a ship nearby that said 15km but there was an atlanta much closer? Can happen in the heat of battle.

13.1km. Noice time to broadside some in my queen lizzeh:cap_haloween::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1