Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BrusilovX

Selecting Co-Op battles and getting into randoms

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
6,996 battles

I've been playing co-op to get some of the missions completed.

 

Twice today I've been put into a random battle.  I had co-op selected as well.  The first time it happened I had a connection break between the last co-op battle and the battle that put me into a random battle.  I thought some settings may have been reset but at the end of the battle I still had co-op selected.  The second time this happened I had not restarted the game and the subsequent game was a co-op game.

 

Is there some mechanism that does this if there are not sufficient players in the random battle queue?

 

This has never happened to me before when playing co-op for the mission completion.

 

The main impact is that for the reduced income I dismount flags and in some cases camos (and put on ones that I have a large number of).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
195 posts
7,796 battles

Got any screen shots proving it, personally I wouldn't be surprised if its just the UI being the UI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
5,343 posts
6,750 battles

Did you just press continue battle without going back to port after the Coop game was over?
I think that bug has been around forever. It puts you into a random game for some odd reason. (not sure if every time, but it can happen)

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
6,996 battles
9 minutes ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Got any screen shots proving it, personally I wouldn't be surprised if its just the UI being the UI

Unfortunately, not - but then to really prove it I'd need a video to show that I had done nothing between the 'screen shots'.

 

6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Did you just press continue battle without going back to port after the Coop game was over?
I think that bug has been around forever. It puts you into a random game for some odd reason. (not sure if every time, but it can happen)

 

No the first time I had a game reset (put back to the log on screen) so it had to be a straight 'press battle' to start.

 

I've only pressed 'continue battle' once today (I tend to always go back to port) - that may have been the cause of the second random I played when I was thought I was going into co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles

Smells like a classic case of using the battle on button. Could it be that you forgot to double check you had it set to co-op the first time?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
6,996 battles
15 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Smells like a classic case of using the battle on button. Could it be that you forgot to double check you had it set to co-op the first time?

I don't think so.  I checked it after the first battle and co-op was still selected (I've never seen it 'reset' without keeping the reset setting).  The first tie it happened I had been thrown back to the log on screen so there was no 'battle on' or 'continue' button.  I was in port.

 

The second time it probably was the 'continue battle' button as I did press that and I think it was for the second time this happened today.  It could not be the reason for the first one as there was no option to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
1 minute ago, BrusilovX said:

I don't think so.  I checked it after the first battle and co-op was still selected (I've never seen it 'reset' without keeping the reset setting).  The first tie it happened I had been thrown back to the log on screen so there was no 'battle on' or 'continue' button.  I was in port.

 

The second time it probably was the 'continue battle' button as I did press that and I think it was for the second time this happened today.  It could not be the reason for the first one as there was no option to do so.

Well then, I am sorry to say, I am as much at a loss as you are..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
3,052 posts
7,459 battles

If you click the 'battle on' button in the results screen, even if your last battle was coop, you seem to get dropped into randoms - it's happened to me a couple of times...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
6,996 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Well then, I am sorry to say, I am as much at a loss as you are..

I can understand that as I went WTF when I saw it was a random battle in that first time it happened.

 

I started to play it like a co-op battle on two brothers where I went to torp the AI ships going through the middle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EJDER]
Players
218 posts
15,170 battles

+1 This incident happened to me once yesterday... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,612 posts
8,112 battles

 

9 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I can understand that as I went WTF when I saw it was a random battle in that first time it happened.

 

I started to play it like a co-op battle on two brothers where I went to torp the AI ships going through the middle...

Well imagine how dumb i felt for only realizing it was a random battle and not coop after seeing the massive rewards after battle.

The "battle on" bug recently happened to me too.

I went East on two brothers and killed the "Bot" enemys that kept pushing in the cap one by one (in the correct order as in coop DD->CA->BB) and wondered why the game went for so long (more enemyships to sink) and why not all bots pushed (usual randoms camping BBs in the back). Like I said I only realized after seeing the credits income and xp. :Smile_teethhappy: (to my defence it was late in the evening  :Smile_hiding:)

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
7 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

 

Well imagine how dumb i felt for only realizing it was a random battle and not coop after seeing the massive rewards after battle.

The "battle on" bug recently happened to me too.

I went East on two brothers and killed the "Bot" enemys that kept pushing in the cap one by one (in the correct order as in coop DD->CA->BB) and wondered why the game went for so long (more enemyships to sink) and why not all bots pushed (usual randoms camping BBs in the back). Like I said I only realized after seeing the credits income and xp. :Smile_teethhappy: (to my defence it was late in the evening  :Smile_hiding:)

And people wonder why I say I'd rather have a PVE bot  on my team than your average WoWS player..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,924 battles

Be aware that if you're looking at a mission and start a battle there the default is random battle even if Co-op is preselected

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,129 posts
14,143 battles

I created a ticket about this. It happened to me.

The response from WG support was that I should raise the issue as a bug in this forum thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,129 posts
14,143 battles
36 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Be aware that if you're looking at a mission and start a battle there the default is random battle even if Co-op is preselected

Before I reply I am aware that you are the messanger - so this is in no way an attack on your good self. My reply is addressed to Wargaming.

How are we supposed to know this, FFS? :Smile_izmena:

 

This is a current thread about players who don't know what to do, or how the game works,

This is a major indictment on Wargaming. I've never played any other online game apart from WoWS, so i had to find out everything by myself. I didn't even know what Free XP was all about, or how to control the ships. I had to use infor from 3rd parties.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,924 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Before I reply I am aware that you are the messanger - so this is in no way an attack on your good self. My reply is addressed to Wargaming.

How are we supposed to know this, FFS? :Smile_izmena:

 

This is a current thread about players who don't know what to do, or how the game works,

This is a major indictment on Wargaming. I've never played any other online game apart from WoWS, so i had to find out everything by myself. I didn't even know what Free XP was all about, or how to control the ships. I had to use infor from 3rd parties.

Only found out myself the hard way... Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I created a ticket about this. It happened to me.

The response from WG support was that I should raise the issue as a bug in this forum thread.

>live server is PTS

>recent patches broke the game on the technical level for some (fps drops, sound issues and the like)

>now support doesn't give a rat's bottom about bugs

Wargaming after finding new low started digging furiously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
6,996 battles
1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

Be aware that if you're looking at a mission and start a battle there the default is random battle even if Co-op is preselected

Thanks for that.   It's definitley a WTF moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
6,996 battles
31 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

This is a major indictment on Wargaming. I've never played any other online game apart from WoWS, so i had to find out everything by myself. I didn't even know what Free XP was all about, or how to control the ships. I had to use infor from 3rd parties.

 

I don't recall if I started to play WoWS before I had seen people like Jingles play WoWS on YuTube videos.   I was lucky to find a number of useful channels such as iChase that explained and gave examples of the game mechanics.

 

I don't know of many game where the developer has invested money into useful tutorials on how to play the game.   I started PC gaming back in 1993 and the manuals available back then were in the most part exhaustive.   Back then we had dial up internet (4400 Baud modems?)  Mind you there wasn't things like YouTube around back then.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Weekend Tester
465 posts
16,585 battles
3 hours ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Got any screen shots proving it, personally I wouldn't be surprised if its just the UI being the UI

I got this one today, earlier. I played mino in coop for 15 fast wins, and i was without any flags, only cammo. Coop was selected, i pressed battle and i was in a regular battle :))))

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PK11B]
Beta Tester
769 posts
12,010 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Miessa3 sagte:

 

Well imagine how dumb i felt for only realizing it was a random battle and not coop after seeing the massive rewards after battle.

The "battle on" bug recently happened to me too.

I went East on two brothers and killed the "Bot" enemys that kept pushing in the cap one by one (in the correct order as in coop DD->CA->BB) and wondered why the game went for so long (more enemyships to sink) and why not all bots pushed (usual randoms camping BBs in the back). Like I said I only realized after seeing the credits income and xp. :Smile_teethhappy: (to my defence it was late in the evening  :Smile_hiding:)

Now it is confirmed: Bots are at least as good as most players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
195 posts
7,796 battles
20 hours ago, Mandyxx said:

I got this one today, earlier. I played mino in coop for 15 fast wins, and i was without any flags, only cammo. Coop was selected, i pressed battle and i was in a regular battle :))))

Well since that's another person with exactly the same thing, it must be the UI being retarded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,294 posts
2,835 battles
On 3/19/2019 at 1:32 PM, BrusilovX said:

I've been playing co-op to get some of the missions completed.

 

Twice today I've been put into a random battle.  I had co-op selected as well.  The first time it happened I had a connection break between the last co-op battle and the battle that put me into a random battle.  I thought some settings may have been reset but at the end of the battle I still had co-op selected.  The second time this happened I had not restarted the game and the subsequent game was a co-op game.

 

Is there some mechanism that does this if there are not sufficient players in the random battle queue?

 

This has never happened to me before when playing co-op for the mission completion.

 

The main impact is that for the reduced income I dismount flags and in some cases camos (and put on ones that I have a large number of).

 

This also happens if you select the 'Continue Mission' button. The game will put you in a random battle regardless of the battle type you have selected.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,129 posts
14,143 battles
56 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

This also happens if you select the 'Continue Mission' button. The game will put you in a random battle regardless of the battle type you have selected.

 

This is a bug - it DOES do that, but it SHOULD NOT.

I'm going to raise this as a bug for every patch until it gets fixed - and report progress to the forum.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×