You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
L0V3_and_PE4CE

propose change to all Fighter aircraft

18 comments in this topic

Players
1,161 posts
6,126 battles

Make them stay in the area/ ship they spawned at until they did a certain amount of damage to planes or until timer runs out/they get shot

Lets say for example 20k plane dmg in tier 10.

If i as a CV now try to sacrifice 3 planes with a total health of 6k, the fighter after killing those should stay and not despawn until the rest of 14k dmg is done or timer runs out/ they get shot down.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
2,321 posts
2,517 battles

Nice idea! I don't have enough personal experience of the fighter consumable to be able to venture an initiated opinion, but I will follow this thread with interest!

Could I pitch in with the thought of having a new type of Special Upgrade, that extends the duration of the Fighter Consumable? Rather like the one that extends the flight time of the spotter plane? Would this perhaps be a good idea?

• Cool 3

Players
1,161 posts
6,126 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Bear_Necessities sagte:

Yay... more spotting potential for CV's...

Lol, i was prepared for all kinds of arguments but this one i was not. You realize that fighters are shot down very fast? If they spot they are in AA range and will die in 5sec, BBs don't even care to be spotted by them ...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,584 posts
10,610 battles
Just now, Zuihou25 said:

Lol, i was prepared for all kinds of arguments but this one i was not. You realize that fighters are shot down very fast? If they spot they are in AA range and will die in 5sec, BBs don't even care to be spotted by them ...

You get this was very tongue in cheek :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
2,321 posts
2,517 battles

The plane spotting ranges of ships in World of Warships is one of the more hilariously unrealistic mechanics in the game. I completely see why it is necessary, since otherwise a ship that launched any kind of plane would immediately spot every other ship on the map - but still, funny.

Imagine the conversation over the wireless, if it worked the same in real life as in WoWs:

"This is flight lieutenant Brody of 9th Air Group, in sector 12, to Base: I have just spotted the battleship Yamato, at extreme visual range, I repeat... [dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka] ....aaaaarrrghhhh...!!!" (splash)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
2,281 posts
245 battles

Not sure why wargaming did it the way they did, or give use controls of fighters and allow players to shoot down...

actually nevermind that will cause more problems than it will solve.

shame, wish cv’s had more supportive abilities and i want miss boooooogue back.

Players
344 posts
3,095 battles
1 hour ago, Zuihou25 said:

Icarus, Cossack, Gallant, Shinonome, Okhotnik, Jervis, Aigle...

In their attempt to "fix" fighter spotting WG have just created a situation where DDs with weak AA can just be fighter spotted with near impunity, but no one else can at all. If they wanted to remove fighter spotting they should have just done that, rather than obliterating fighter HP to the point that they instantly die if they go near anything larger than a destroyer. Now some DDs can be planespotted with impunity and others just delete the planes in five seconds flat. It's a daft system that makes no sense (why does adding explosives to the wings of a corsair quintuple its health?) and makes giving fighter support to ships anywhere near the frontline impractical.

• Cool 3

Players
1,161 posts
6,126 battles

I see your point. It's possibly hard to do for wg since the fighters need to be able to spot aircraft which falls under same spotting mechs as ships

Beta Tester
2,321 posts
2,517 battles
27 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

shame, wish cv’s had more supportive abilities and i want miss boooooogue back.

I hear you, mate - the supportive side of the gameplay is one of the better aspects of the whole game. I am constantly getting on my own back about being better when it comes to laying smoke screens to benefit my allies and then spotting for them, when I'm in a destroyer. I really like how Wargaming has made this gainful for earning xp as well, since this has such a good (fashion word incoming) signal value. And when/if I finally learn how to time a push in a battleship, I'll be able to be a better tank as well.

I am totally at sea in a carrier, though. No longer being able to directly attack enemy plane squadrons bugs me a bit, since it seems a tad disloyal to just wave 'hello' when passing a formation of enemy bombers on the way to blast the crap out of my allies - "I say, Base, I just passed a couple of Ki bombers coming your way... they should be right above you in twenty seconds or so, best of luck with that... be seeing you (or not)... toodle-pip!" - but I guess that might be me taking the whole immersion thing a bit too far. Still, barring a direct attack run on the ship itself, the duel between opposing carriers has taken on a more indirect nature with the rework, has it not?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,321 posts
2,517 battles
12 minutes ago, who_dares_wins said:

Icarus, Cossack, Gallant, Shinonome, Okhotnik, Jervis, Aigle...

In their attempt to "fix" fighter spotting WG have just created a situation where DDs with weak AA can just be fighter spotted with near impunity, but no one else can at all. If they wanted to remove fighter spotting they should have just done that, rather than obliterating fighter HP to the point that they instantly die if they go near anything larger than a destroyer. Now some DDs can be planespotted with impunity and others just delete the planes in five seconds flat. It's a daft system that makes no sense (why does adding explosives to the wings of a corsair quintuple its health?) and makes giving fighter support to ships anywhere near the frontline impractical.

Good point. With this in mind, I have to question my idea of introducing a special upgrade to extend the duration of the fighter consumable. That would be to just add insult to injury for those AA-challenged destroyers.

Players
344 posts
3,095 battles
3 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Good point. With this in mind, I have to question my idea of introducing a special upgrade to extend the duration of the fighter consumable. That would be to just add insult to injury for those AA-challenged destroyers.

To be completely fair, Cossack and the other weak AA DDs that have a 40mm Pom-Pom will shoot down the squadron eventually (in around 45-50 seconds or so), but that's still a long time to be spotted for in a fragile DD. 

20 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

I see your point. It's possibly hard to do for wg since the fighters need to be able to spot aircraft which falls under same spotting mechs as ships

I see where you're coming from, and I gave it some thought for a while, and I now have a preliminary suggestion: Revert the fighter HP nerf, but add a mechanic that ramps up AA damage to fighters that longer they linger inside a ship's AA range. This would somewhat equalise the spotting for the weak AA destroyers (at least making the spotting bearable for them), whilst still leaving their AA as a distinct weakness. This would also allow fighters limited spotting capabilities against larger ships again, without creating a return to the old, let's be honest, borderline overpowered implementation we saw during 0.8.0 . I'd like to know your thoughts and criticisms.

• Cool 1

Players
2,281 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

I hear you, mate - the supportive side of the gameplay is one of the better aspects of the whole game. I am constantly getting on my own back about being better when it comes to laying smoke screens to benefit my allies and then spotting for them, when I'm in a destroyer. I really like how Wargaming has made this gainful for earning xp as well, since this has such a good (fashion word incoming) signal value. And when/if I finally learn how to time a push in a battleship, I'll be able to be a better tank as well.

I am totally at sea in a carrier, though. No longer being able to directly attack enemy plane squadrons bugs me a bit, since it seems a tad disloyal to just wave 'hello' when passing a formation of enemy bombers on the way to blast the crap out of my allies - "I say, Base, I just passed a couple of Ki bombers coming your way... they should be right above you in twenty seconds or so, best of luck with that... be seeing you (or not)... toodle-pip!" - but I guess that might be me taking the whole immersion thing a bit too far. Still, barring a direct attack run on the ship itself, the duel between opposing carriers has taken on a more indirect nature with the rework, has it not?

Oh generating smoke for teammates gives exp now? Nice always good to have incentive to help others (i do it anyways but its nice to have good actions rewarded).

yeah it is kinda dumb how you can just fly past each other lol without doing anything to each other besides dropping some circles lol.

radio chatter and maybe shells or bullets whipping past sound effects would be nice to have as well.

there used to be a sound mod for this (soo bloody good dem montana guns doe) stopped recieving support mid 2017 too bad no one has the knack to revive it again.

and besides hitting cv’s themselves its very indirect and static, no where near as frantic and as dynamic as it was before.

Players
954 posts
6,001 battles
2 hours ago, Procrastes said:

Most of the player base doesn't care about supporting roles. What they want is having fun, by doing damage. 

You are an exception.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,321 posts
2,517 battles
28 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Most of the player base doesn't care about supporting roles. What they want is having fun, by doing damage. 

You are an exception.

Then I shall consider us to be in good company - thanks, mate! :Smile_honoring: 

Players
1,161 posts
6,126 battles

I'm actually also waiting for support CV.

I also hope they make them a hard counter to the current CVs.

[WGP2W]
Players
184 posts
12,548 battles
3 hours ago, who_dares_wins said:

To be completely fair, Cossack and the other weak AA DDs that have a 40mm Pom-Pom will shoot down the squadron eventually (in around 45-50 seconds or so), but that's still a long time to be spotted for in a fragile DD. 

I see where you're coming from, and I gave it some thought for a while, and I now have a preliminary suggestion: Revert the fighter HP nerf, but add a mechanic that ramps up AA damage to fighters that longer they linger inside a ship's AA range. This would somewhat equalise the spotting for the weak AA destroyers (at least making the spotting bearable for them), whilst still leaving their AA as a distinct weakness. This would also allow fighters limited spotting capabilities against larger ships again, without creating a return to the old, let's be honest, borderline overpowered implementation we saw during 0.8.0 . I'd like to know your thoughts and criticisms.

So just go back to the aa system of rts? :D

[PN]
Players
765 posts
4,975 battles
2 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

You are an exception

No he is not.....

• Cool 1