You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_TinPan_

WG Economy

28 comments in this topic

Players
185 posts
21,970 battles

Please explain this...

this is BS in its purest form imho. Is it because I missed waiting for "kill secures"?  Jeez

BS 1.jpg

BS 2.jpg

BS 3.jpg

• Boring 5

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,178 battles

Normal thing lad. You earn your credits playing mid-tiers, then spend them playing tier 10. Nothing new methinks (same thing happening in WoT for years). :cap_tea:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

I see the pictures but I don't get it.

Where is the problem?

You knew beforehand how much full Premium Consumables and Type 5 camo cost before going into battle right?

• Cool 1

Players
185 posts
21,970 battles
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

I see the pictures but I don't get it.

Where is the problem?

You knew beforehand how much full Premium Consumables and Type 5 camo cost before going into battle right?

So? Still doesn´t make sense and yes, I sincerely criticize this form of eco system. If you have to push for the team in order to get them to fight the objective and you have these numbers why you still get punished?

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
5 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

So? Still doesn´t make sense and yes, I sincerely criticize this form of eco system. If you have to push for the team in order to get them to fight the objective and you have these numbers why you still get punished?

Well I would even say the Economysystem is too lax for Tier X Battles.

Renember that this is supposed to be a way of monetization for WG and to make you play midtiers and not Tier X only.

If you want to make even more money with the same damage you need to shoot DDs more. ...or buy Tier X Premiumcamo :Smile_coin:

Players
986 posts
11,546 battles
6 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

Please explain this...

this is BS in its purest form imho. Is it because I missed waiting for "kill secures"?  Jeez

BS 1.jpg

BS 2.jpg

BS 3.jpg

Well, you are using 0 discounters on a tier 10 ships service but you are using premium consumables and an auto-resupply on camouflage. 
That combination is not supposed to be credit-making under all circumstances. 

On my Yamato, comparable ship, i have a permanent camouflage, which is free to resupply and takes 50% off the servicing cost, and on top i have a 12% discount on service costs from my clan. Along with that i have the servicing flag for another 10% bonus. 

If you only consider that you wouldnt have resupplied the camouflage, not even considering the 50% servicing cost bonus, and the 12% service cost from a clan, you'd end up with the following: 

180k servicing> 158.4k (saved 20.6k)
22.5k camo> no camo (saved 22.5k) 
You'd make ~17k profit, which admittedly is not that much, but thats where further bonusses would come in nice. 

If you have a bonus like mine, you'd get: 
180k servicing > 50.4k (saved nearly 130k, or 72%). 
Camo from stock rather than bought: free

I'm not using premium but would still make a small profit then.

• Cool 5

[KAKE]
Players
2,521 posts
5,960 battles

Considering how many free camos the game throws at me, I have to wonder how anyone can be bothered to pay credits for camos.

That said, if you'd been in a clan that had invested a bit in maintenance cost reduction, and slapped on an India Bravo Terrathree in addition to the Zulu, you would have been in the black. 15% of 246000 (maintenance and ammunition) is 36900 credits.

Hm. Do the maintenance cost reductions apply to consumables and camos as well? I assume they're only for maintenance and ammunition, but I've never actually checked.

• Cool 2

Players
185 posts
21,970 battles
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

Renember that this is supposed to be a way of monetization for WG and to make you play midtiers and not Tier X only.

If you want to make even more money with the same damage you need to shoot DDs more.

That is a valid explanation... sort of  ;-)

Thnx

• Boring 1

Players
986 posts
11,546 battles
5 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

You criticize an economy system that you don't in the slightest adapt to. Perhaps you should try adapting a bit first, before you criticize it so much. 

• Cool 2

Players
986 posts
11,546 battles

Btw, you should really get in a clan, finding a clan with ~10% discount on servicing costs is really easy, even if you don't want anything to do with the clan. 
Not being in a clan is just shooting yourself in the foot really

[BBMM]
Players
5,772 posts
7,334 battles
13 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

Please explain this...

Spoiler

BS 1.jpg

BS 2.jpg

BS 3.jpg

I'd say you REALLY need to scratch your head about that camo, and the consumables. 

Do you really NEED them to get this sort of performance? It's not that bad (maybe not really good either).

I make credits in T9 (haven't got T10 yet). Granted, not A LOT of credits. But still some. I'll need ~60k damage to 'break even'. 

But I do NOT use premium camo or consumables. Those would cost too much. 

So you need to BUY THEM (for real money) or GRIND THEM. I usually grind them at T7 (have Hood...).

This means I do not play the high tiers often (but I do not mind... they are not much fun anyway...). 

As Miessa says, in T10 is where WG makes money. So you either get VERY good, or grind elsewhere, or YOU PAY.

There's nothing really bad about your performance, nothing stellar either. It is just what the average Joe gets.

And think: if it were different, this game would not exist, as WG would not be able to feed the server hamsters and such.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

And think: if it were different, this game would not exist, as WG would not be able to feed the server hamsters and such.

Rather bad example given the recent track history.  :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,178 battles
8 minutes ago, Juanx said:

19 secondary battery hits ..

Ehh?:cap_wander: I missed that bit of detail entirely, that is odd indeed.:cap_old:

I did always wonder why people do that to themselves (persistently try to snipe with a German BB), when it simply does not work - Instead of maximizing their results / performance by playing close-range and brawling as they were intended to be played. And anyways, there are much better ships in the game that were custom-built for sniping, so why not use one of those? :cap_hmm:

[BBMM]
Players
5,772 posts
7,334 battles
Just now, Juanx said:

19 secondary battery hits with that ship, I see the issue already, OP loves camping and sniping, with german BBs no less...

I agree that sniping in that ship is really not the way to use it... But JUST MAYBE he has specced into AA... and not into secondaries. 

I can't blame him in current meta, can you? They all do. The first one to go forward usually is toast. 

I dunno why people play TX anyway, I'm only grinding one for Clan Battles and that's it. It's not fun at all.

Just now, Juanx said:

Nothing extraordinary on the OP pictures, just a camper getting less for nothing.

Indeed it is nothing extraordinary. Neither are campers at T10... man I am happy I do not have to buy them beer.

Or pay their parking fee. Also, I'm soooooo getting a TX submarine and a TX CV. :Smile_playing:

2 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Rather bad example given the recent track history.  :Smile_trollface:

Yeessss I imagine the hamsters are on strike or drunk, or something.

imagesCAQBSTGT.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,405 posts

Use a cheaper 7500 credit camo and choose 1 or 2  premium consumable - or consider going with the standard ones if you want to make credits - that is/are the most important consumables to you, not all of them.

Then you would be ok....

Try CV economy...that is much worse, even if you would go with a grey unpainted ship.

[KAKE]
Players
2,521 posts
5,960 battles

There's no denying that the T10 economy is designed around either selling stuff (e.g. permacamos or premium time) or pushing people to earn credits in lower tiers (maybe even with premium ships with good earning potential that WG can sell you). The 50% cost reduction from permacamos in particular makes a huge difference. I got the HSF camo for Yammy, and I don't think I've ever lost credits in her no matter how hard I potatoed.

Being a bit smart about consumables is another thing that helps. I mean, the 3% decrease in detectability from Type 5 camo is probably not going to help you much, at least not with all the CVs out and about these days. You can probably manage with Type 2.

(That said, considering how fat the Currywurst is, I'm not sure if the dispersion debuff really helps either :Smile_trollface: )

By the way, am I the only one who feels the premium heal in particular tends to be... well, a bit wasted? Ok, the reduced cooldown comes in handy occasionally, but by the time I get down to that last charge there's often so little repairable damage left that can be queued up that it's not really going to make any difference.

Sure, there's the occasional game where a premium heal could have made the difference between living and dying, but those games are few and far between.

Damage con is a different matter entirely.

• Cool 4

[BBMM]
Players
5,772 posts
7,334 battles
14 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

(That said, considering how fat the Currywurst is, I'm not sure if the dispersion debuff really helps either :Smile_trollface: )

I like fat Currywurst. Many times she saves my T8 and T9 games. 

Set a fire on Currywurst, never worry about losing credits after I do... 

Rightly so they camp at the rear, because if I see one, it gets HE until it burns nice and good.

In a CV sure I'll target the ver fat Currywurst, many have secondary builds... :Smile_playing:

By the way, am I the only one who feels the premium heal in particular tends to be... well, a bit wasted? Ok, the reduced cooldown comes in handy occasionally, but by the time I get down to that last charge there's often so little repairable damage left that can be queued up that it's not really going to make any difference.

I have used premium heal in RN BBs. But usually, when you need it, you are dead anyway... I am sitting on a stash of ~100 of them.

Even if the RN ships have a strong heal and you can basically reprint the sip, usually I die quick when they finally get me.

Will put them on in Clan Battle, for the good of the team, but that's about it. 

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,259 posts
10,033 battles
1 hour ago, Miessa3 said:

If you want to make even more money with the same damage you need to shoot DDs more. ...or buy Tier X Premiumcamo :Smile_coin:

This^ it is an incentive to make you pay for the game. 

[SERBS]
Players
456 posts
13,334 battles

its a mess and chaos , unlike earlier times now you have so many currencies you dont know what to do with them and what they are for>..... it has all went overboard and its all a huge mess and confusing. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,745 posts
10,197 battles

Personal attacks are all been cleared,

please behave... everyone..

Excavatus

• Cool 1

Players
318 posts
10,748 battles

Plays over 15k games and still doesn't understand how the xp system works. Its based on percentile dmg of ships. So if you hit a bb for 50k with 100k total hp its the same xp wise as , 10k to a dd with 20k hp. Frags do help with xp a little same with achievements, but 1 or 2 kills wont make a massive difference. Not to mention 140k in a tx bb for my standards is a little above average.

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,745 posts
10,197 battles

As a tier 10 BB,

These don't give too much XP,

Damaging other tier 10 BBs without killing them

Damaging tier 10 CAs without killing them

These will give moderate XP,

Killing enemies, (any of them)

These will give great XP,

Damaging DDs,

capping,

defendin,

shooting down planes,

more XP = more credits

and use a prem camo for your tier 10s,

WG tier 10 is the money sink they used to either populate the mid tiers or make people spend money.

If you are thinking you should be able to play tier 10s just with premium acc with always a positive outcome...

I am sorry but you are completely mistaken.

Trust me.. get a prem tier 10 camo.. all your problems will go away.

That is the escape pod of tier 10 economy.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,740 posts
5,280 battles

There is one important piece of the puzzle missing here, because you didn't include it @_tinpan_

Namely what tiers of ships, and what type of ship did you do your damage to. Not all damage is created equal after all..