You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

USS Georgia Model - Man those guns are longgggg

47 comments in this topic

Players
143 posts
7,076 battles

Is it this:

Hit points – 74100. Plating - 32 mm.
Main battery - 3x2 457 mm. Firing range - 21.0 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 6450. Chance to cause fire – 43%. Maximum AP shell damage - 15750.
Reload time - 30.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 45.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 270 м.
HE initial velocity - 800 m/s. AP initial velocity - 732 m/s. Sigma – 2.00.
Secondary Armament:
10x2 127.0 mm, range - 6.0 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 1800. Chance to cause fire – 5%. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s

AA defense:
40x1 20.0 mm.
10x2 127.0 mm.
16x4 40.0 mm.
AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second - 652, hit probability - 68 %, action zone 0.1-1.5 km;
AA defense mid-range: number of explosions in a salvo - 11, damage within an explosion - 980, continuous damage per second - 564, hit probability - 73 %, action zone 1.5-3.5 km;
AA defense long-range: number of explosions in a salvo - 8, damage within an explosion - 1540, continuous damage per second - 260, hit probability - 73 %, action zone 3.5-5.8 km;
AA sector reinforcement - 25 %, sector reinforcement and reinforcement shift time - 12 s.

Maximum speed - 33 kt. Turning circle radius - 890 m. Rudder shift time – 16.5 s. Surface detectability – 16.9 km. Air detectability – 14.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 18.0 km.

Available consumables:
1 slot - Damage Control Party
2 slot - Repair Party
3 slot - Fighter/Spotting Aircraft

?

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
3 hours ago, mlgomez said:

Looks like USN is going to get its own Gneisenau. :P

Except the gun size is humongous on this one. If this is tier 7, it's gonna be overpen city.

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,938 battles
6 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Except the gun size is humongous on this one. If this is tier 7, it's gonna be overpen city.

They're 457s, and it's T9.

Basically, imagine if the Gneisenau moved to America and got fat.

• Funny 7

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,099 battles

No no, @_V_e_N_o_M_my friend. You've got this all wrong. it' not that the guns are long, it's just that the ship is too short, that's all.:Smile_great:

image.png.1cbf35c640db793ae86b060cf07266d3.png

But Hmmm... 457mm at tier ??? I wonder....:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
Just now, Uglesett said:

They're 457s, and it's T9.

Basically, imagine if the Gneisenau moved to America and got fat.

6 guns at tier 9? Whew lad, they better reload fast.
They reload 30 seconds.
I guess, they will be super accurate then?

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,749 battles
48 minutes ago, Blixies said:

6 guns at tier 9? Whew lad, they better reload fast.
They reload 30 seconds.
I guess, they will be super accurate then?

the problem is that they wont

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,695 battles
10 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Is this a us design or purely a wg creation??

Well she certainly is not BB-15 

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,560 battles
7 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Well she certainly is not BB-15 

See this is the area that disturbs me most, the possibility that WG creates their own ships from real life inspirations but NOT actually based on any real plans.

I know RU BBs are not all entirely based on real designs some parts of their design are pure fantasy I know it.

The shio design quality is much lower than blureprint or realife counterparts.

Will this culture be the doom of wows when WG start inventing their own ships to fill gaps in a techline.....

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,099 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Is this a us design or purely a wg creation??

Well, there were certainly studies made on equipping the projected Montana with 18" guns and also quite a few earlier studies were made prior to that including one for using 18" dual-mount gun turrets. So my guess is that WG made this up based on the assumption that USN would have probably converted one (or utilized identical newly-built hull) or some Iowa-class BB into an 6*18" gun BB first and that Georgia's specs are based on that assumption, which sounds reasonable, after all this is exactly how Gneisenau was planned to be upgunned from 280mm to 381 and the same principle was considered for the IJN's "Super Yamato" A-150 design as well. :cap_hmm:

Players
6,754 posts
245 battles
21 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

See this is the area that disturbs me most, the possibility that WG creates their own ships from real life inspirations but NOT actually based on any real plans.

I know RU BBs are not all entirely based on real designs some parts of their design are pure fantasy I know it.

The shio design quality is much lower than blureprint or realife counterparts.

Will this culture be the doom of wows when WG start inventing their own ships to fill gaps in a techline.....

I seriously doubt since wargaming will screw up in someother way. Either way i prefer ships to be balanced and could careless whether they are fictional or not and they can simply use existing ships as bench marks of what to and not to do when making brand new ships.

For design again they can take bits from other ships change them around innovate them then slap them on to new ships.

In game design fun>balance>everything else. At least thats what i've been taught so far.

Also they can make the models less poly intense and so gives our pc's more time calculate other things.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,464 posts

The main guns are decent, it has a bit better long/mid range accuracy than other US  406mm guns battleships

The ship has excellent secondaries accuracy but lacks secondaries range. It can melt nearby DDs without help from manual secondary skill

The rear turret has a small dead angle where it cannot depress to shoot close target...

Yes, it is a T9 Gneisenau

Players
5,976 posts
11,274 battles
4 hours ago, CptBarney said:

I seriously doubt since wargaming will screw up in someother way. Either way i prefer ships to be balanced and could careless whether they are fictional or not and they can simply use existing ships as bench marks of what to and not to do when making brand new ships.

For design again they can take bits from other ships change them around innovate them then slap them on to new ships.

In game design fun>balance>everything else. At least thats what i've been taught so far.

Also they can make the models less poly intense and so gives our pc's more time calculate other things.

I do prefer paper ships over completely made up ships tho. To me it has to be at least kinda plausible. But I agree, THE main thing is that it's supposed to be fun (and plz no P2W, Wargaming :Smile-_tongue:)

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,715 posts
5,270 battles

They're 457mm guns (18in). Fun fact, 50 caliber long 457mm gun will be noticably longer than a 50 caliber 406mm gun, as the caliber is the number of times you can divide the barrel length by the diameter.

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,560 battles

Someone pointed out the distance between the the two middle secondary turrets is big, kinda of a blindspot...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,715 posts
5,270 battles
3 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Someone pointed out the distance between the the two middle secondary turrets is big, kinda of a blindspot...

Good spot for aiming reference too, as it looks right over the machinery spaces.

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,560 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Good spot for aiming reference too, as it looks right over the machinery spaces.

image.thumb.png.0d7fab4b71149271aae1dc0f3abf8132.png

More like CV sweepspot

Players
6,754 posts
245 battles
30 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I do prefer paper ships over completely made up ships tho. To me it has to be at least kinda plausible. But I agree, THE main thing is that it's supposed to be fun (and plz no P2W, Wargaming :Smile-_tongue:)

True i see your point i do like historical ships, just that if gaps need filling they shouldn’t be afraid to use made up designs (should of worded my post better xD). And yeah no P2W its one of the few games i play consistently.

hmm i wonder if those french battlecruisers will ever see light?

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,715 posts
5,270 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

image.thumb.png.0d7fab4b71149271aae1dc0f3abf8132.png

More like CV sweepspot

I don't know, sure looks like a perfect spot to land my ap shells on. Or rather just below that exact same spot. ;)

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,560 battles
2 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

hmm i wonder if those french battlecruisers will ever see light?

hmmmm?