Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Any news...

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[L4GG]
Players
3,031 posts
10,524 battles

...about the upcoming Russians BB?

 

Here I am in my break from this game, peeking time to times to see if there are any news about the RU BBs and the only thing I can see is this cv thing isn't over yet.

Balance , is it achievable?

 

The difference between my first break and now, is that, I'm playing other games, two to be more exact.

 

One of them is world of warplanes and the other is from one of the WG competitors. (also Russian).

It's been wonderful.

At first was a shock. I don't know what happened to Warplanes in the past, but is very enjoyable, nice game. Very small player base but very helpful player base

There's a mix between the co-op and random, there's no other choice if we want to have same fluidity of games as in here e.g.

there the battles are shorter (about half) but equally intense.

One of the first topics I saw was about complaining about + 1 MM, at first I smiled inside as I remembered the + 2 MM that I'm used to, but there the thing does not translate as in here.

+1 MM is enough for the other plane to fly faster, further, climb further, faster than you while having more HP and there the guns overheat and even if you are on his tail unloading lead soon your engine will choke and he will get away.   

they have there own issues, gripes, and cry about some stuff, just like us, just like in here, and I mean just like us about the same things.

Now, about the other game...

All different thing, from Gaijin. Battles even shorter, intense and so on.

when you scroll through the game's forum you are seeing the same topics, literally, the same topics that are in here, about:

Balancing issues

the this game is dying

that guy is bullying me, pls stop (yeah, you can report but guess what? it does the same thing than in here, nothing)

Nerf this, buff that, and the nerf bat exists there also.

The games themselves are not that different, this game can be more frustrating because all you do have a ritual, the other is 100% arcade.

 

Perhaps some of you knows what I'm talking about.

For me is putting things back in perspective.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
50 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Here I am in my break from this game, peeking time to times to see if there are any news about the RU BBs and the only thing I can see is this cv thing isn't over yet.

Hello

The event leading to the full release of the RN CVs is not over yet, and the tier 10 will be released soon, with 0.8.2 if I'm not mistaken.

So I believe there is gonna be at least 3 updates before the release of RU BBs.

My guess would be 1 or 2 updates with special filling stuff, such as the space battles, then another event preparing the release lasting 2 months like for RN CVs.

So for summer?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,338 posts
16,055 battles
13 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

WG has been chasing balance for years. They still havent caught it.

Someone told them that they need the best quality tools in order to achieve balance.

So from now on htey are only using gold-plated sledgehammers. :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
725 posts
11,958 battles

Aren't the nature of complaints a way of measuring game lifetime?

That is normal as people play the games and people have same problems. Some of this problem can be actually blamed on given game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
143 posts
7,082 battles
5 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

WG has been chasing balance for years. They still havent caught it.

You must admit tho it's quite hard to catch something if you often run in the opposite direction...

 

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9,816 posts
11,501 battles
33 minutes ago, therealVanquisher said:

You must admit tho it's quite hard to catch something if you often run in the opposite direction...

 

I guess @JohnMac79 wasn't specific. WG chases bank account balance, to be always in the green and more than before:Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,181 posts
20,279 battles
Vor 10 Stunden, Butterdoll sagte:

Balance , is it achievable?

 

I don't think aircraft carriers in this game can both have meaningful gameplay and be balanced at the same time.

 

Some people may wistfully recall the olden days of the RTS style carriers. But the only times when they were not (overly) disruptive was when the meta was such that they were mostly out of the game for some reason, be it the skill gap or the phase in anticipation of the CV rework when very few people played carriers any more.

 

Generally, by and large, they make the game less fun to play whenever they crop up. That is what most people think, by a large margin, and most players are not very interested in playing them in the first place. That is certainly sad for the minority that do enjoy them, and especially so for the even smaller minority that did enjoy the RTS gameplay. But it is what my little poll showed the other day and that is what I am very confidently expecting any future polls to keep showing. Forever. The concept is fundamentally not fixable.

 

And it is very especially and definitely not fixable with the Kamikaze approach WG is currently taking. Think about it: unlimited planes means the whole premise of the current carrier meta is discarding planes and pilots with merry, cynical abandon, expendable like so much tissue paper. Even historically, all tactical efforts and technical developments notwithstanding, in the end, the only really effective counter to the Kamikaze, in the Pacific war, was on the strategic level - destroying the enemy's ability to make and operate planes any more.

 

Destroyers, on the other hand, are vastly more important for the gaming enjoyment of the majority of players. They are a truly indispensable ship class for the continued commercial success of this game, yet Wargaming keeps piling more pressure on them with this half-baked carrier lark.

 

One can only hope they come to their senses soon.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HALON]
Players
630 posts
10,145 battles
8 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

WG has been chasing balance for years. They still havent caught it.

 

Are you sure about that ?

 

i think the opposite. They intentionally create unbalance , then correct it, only to purposely create some other op stuff and on and on and on.

 

Keeps things interesting, you know, drama cries etc etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,131 battles

0.8.4 with early access as RN CVs in 0.8.3 is my best guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
3,031 posts
10,524 battles

thank you for the info about the RU BBs.

 

What I'm trying to say is...

 

Ofc this is a business, if the unbalancing is part of the money making, I don't know, perhaps WG is doing something wrong because my premium ships (some of them I paid  for them) tend to be in dry dock.

Just now I was in a topic on the forum of that game   the title was very similar to one of ours (where is the playerbase heading to...) to be more specific, but no, it was a guy complaining about P2W, sealclubing, the dev team and so on. (they have their own jokes about Russian bias)

Two years in the game, he said...

well, I'm in this game roughly two years now and I'm still reading the same thing in the other game.

The pasture isn't greener in the other side of the fence.

Most certain it is a problem of the business model in general.

But for the game itself isn't that bad when compared to others.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,494 battles

Some of the russian BBs are currently in testing, you might be lucky and find them in the same battle as you. We won't be seeing them any time soon though, honestly, my guess is we'll be seeing them just after gamescom in August or early September. But don't take that as gospel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,215 posts
On 3/19/2019 at 1:03 AM, Butterdoll said:

...about the upcoming Russians BB?

 

Here I am in my break from this game, peeking time to times to see if there are any news about the RU BBs and the only thing I can see is this cv thing isn't over yet.

Balance , is it achievable?

 

The difference between my first break and now, is that, I'm playing other games, two to be more exact.

 

One of them is world of warplanes and the other is from one of the WG competitors. (also Russian).

It's been wonderful.

At first was a shock. I don't know what happened to Warplanes in the past, but is very enjoyable, nice game. Very small player base but very helpful player base

There's a mix between the co-op and random, there's no other choice if we want to have same fluidity of games as in here e.g.

there the battles are shorter (about half) but equally intense.

One of the first topics I saw was about complaining about + 1 MM, at first I smiled inside as I remembered the + 2 MM that I'm used to, but there the thing does not translate as in here.

+1 MM is enough for the other plane to fly faster, further, climb further, faster than you while having more HP and there the guns overheat and even if you are on his tail unloading lead soon your engine will choke and he will get away.   

they have there own issues, gripes, and cry about some stuff, just like us, just like in here, and I mean just like us about the same things.

Now, about the other game...

All different thing, from Gaijin. Battles even shorter, intense and so on.

when you scroll through the game's forum you are seeing the same topics, literally, the same topics that are in here, about:

Balancing issues

the this game is dying

that guy is bullying me, pls stop (yeah, you can report but guess what? it does the same thing than in here, nothing)

Nerf this, buff that, and the nerf bat exists there also.

The games themselves are not that different, this game can be more frustrating because all you do have a ritual, the other is 100% arcade.

 

Perhaps some of you knows what I'm talking about.

For me is putting things back in perspective.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

Wait, what, WG have competitors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,130 posts
10,561 battles

Unbalance is good for games that wanna survive the test of time. LoL is a prime example of why a gaming company never wants to achieve balance. It's boils down to money, not the customers enjoyment  when it's all happening. 

 

So many companies do exactly the same thing, like Games Workshop for one. Example:

 

Conscripts used to sell like hot cakes, everyone used to buy boxes and boxes of these individually weak but grouped into a horde extremely strong.  They made buckets of money out of them but after a certain time when everyone had them, things like tanks wasn't selling.  So what did they do? Change the rules and now tanks are the new flavour and selling.  The wheel turns again. 

 

Did they really factor in the players irritation? Not really, because they know, like WG do, that players will continue to play because they have cornered the market. 

 

So how does that translate into this game? :cap_hmm:

 

WG does it to make the punters grind other lines. Too many people had the Hindy and was the best "user friendly" ship....They Nerfed it.  The Alcase was a great ship at tier 9 until the Premium tier 10 came along....They Nerfed it.  All DD players wanted a YY and got it....Then they nerfed it.  The Conq went crazy until....They nerf it (a little bit).  Woster with radar great and plenty of people ground the line until....They nerfed it.  The Kaba....Nerf it. The New Haka with the torp spam....Nerf it (thank god). 

 

Can we see the pattern? 

 

They want you to grind the new lines to spend money which many people do in these kinda games. Human nature wants the best, and if that is found in a new line then the majority will search for it.  WG gives you a helping hand by nerfing certain lines to give you a nudge in the right direction.

 

The CV rework is a mess but how many people are still paying it, even if the game is now worse than before? It's something different and will make money.

 

The Russian BB's will be very strong, mark my words.  Then when enough people have them, they will nerf it....Slowly.  Having cruiser accuracy with Battleship guns under 15 km is crazy land talk (please see Balancegrad), also having a fantastic bow-on capability adds to the tankyness of the whole thing which is mental when the majority of the guns facing forward. 

 

Will they balance CV play? Never in a million years. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
3,031 posts
10,524 battles
12 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

Unbalance is good for games that wanna survive the test of time. LoL is a prime example of why a gaming company never wants to achieve balance. It's boils down to money, not the customers enjoyment  when it's all happening. 

 

So many companies do exactly the same thing, like Games Workshop for one. Example:

 

Conscripts used to sell like hot cakes, everyone used to buy boxes and boxes of these individually weak but grouped into a horde extremely strong.  They made buckets of money out of them but after a certain time when everyone had them, things like tanks wasn't selling.  So what did they do? Change the rules and now tanks are the new flavour and selling.  The wheel turns again. 

 

Did they really factor in the players irritation? Not really, because they know, like WG do, that players will continue to play because they have cornered the market.  

 

So how does that translate into this game? :cap_hmm:

 

WG does it to make the punters grind other lines. Too many people had the Hindy and was the best "user friendly" ship....They Nerfed it.  The Alcase was a great ship at tier 9 until the Premium tier 10 came along....They Nerfed it.  All DD players wanted a YY and got it....Then they nerfed it.  The Conq went crazy until....They nerf it (a little bit).  Woster with radar great and plenty of people ground the line until....They nerfed it.  The Kaba....Nerf it. The New Haka with the torp spam....Nerf it (thank god). 

 

Can we see the pattern? 

 

They want you to grind the new lines to spend money which many people do in these kinda games. Human nature wants the best, and if that is found in a new line then the majority will search for it.  WG gives you a helping hand by nerfing certain lines to give you a nudge in the right direction.

 

The CV rework is a mess but how many people are still paying it, even if the game is now worse than before? It's something different and will make money.

 

The Russian BB's will be very strong, mark my words.  Then when enough people have them, they will nerf it....Slowly.  Having cruiser accuracy with Battleship guns under 15 km is crazy land talk (please see Balancegrad), also having a fantastic bow-on capability adds to the tankyness of the whole thing which is mental when the majority of the guns facing forward. 

 

Will they balance CV play? Never in a million years. 

 

i concord with you... but still.

 

a game may not want to achieve balance and so do we.

But how they unbalance the thing is the one million question.

 

everyone wants a fun ship, a ship that has something that stands out (I'm not talking about gimmicks).

And certain games can't have the same rules as others.

 

E.g.

 

Warships - fixed ships, limited upgrade, slower gameplay (you have almost a ritual to get where you want to be/to do) , for whatever reason you like a ship then something happens to the ship and the frustration rises.

I bought ships, I won ships they are kinda of meh.

 

the game I'm talking about - you build your own "ship" (it's not about ships, it's more like madmax), you can have spaced armour and turtle back armour , you can make your own engine, you literally build your own hull, armour, and chose what guns you want, from the ground up ,depending on your level, higher your level the better the parts and guns, the better your know how the better your build is. If you get destroyed or you are not happy with it back to the "drawing board" to do some changes or to redo your "ship" all over again.

If you go to PVE, it's easy bots, they roll over belly up and ask to be destroyed. If you go to PVP you might find a few "Bismarck" with missile launchers while you still have a stock "Bayern". Despite of the MM.

You can test premium "ships" before you buy.

In the "port" there are three buttons, build, battle, test build

 

All the rest is the same, suicidal, campers, economics, nerfs, buffs and so on.

 

Both games are not simulators, both are arcade.

the rigid one could not have the same business model (nerfing all the time, among other things, as you said)

Because, instead of cornering the market, it might happen the opposite, if they don't leave some meat with the bone.

IMO that is.

 

Imagine if you could have a ... Gneisenau with rail guns with pinpoint accuracy, fast as a Leningrad and as nimble as one, it would be cool? right?

And it wouldn't be OP.

A shima with yammy guns are always lurking or something worse.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,253 posts
24,127 battles

Well given how lines come out 4 per year meaning roughly every 3 months and cv line is next week I d wager a guess at late june early july

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×