You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

HMS Fiji vs. The Luftwaffe: Naval Stories

12 comments in this topic

Players
3,135 posts
14,150 battles

From the article

Advantages: Good penetration angles for AP shells, decent maneuverability, good concealment, and a varied selection of consumables

Disadvantages: Extremely Weak armor, medium range of fire for her main battery, and a moderate rate of fire, and no HE option
Targets: Destroyers and cruisers
Should avoid: Battleships

my modifications  in bold italics

Fiji, a particularly hated ship in  my collection, along with other glass cannons. Just my preference, guys, neither right, nor wrong. YMMV

• Cool 4

[-NYX-]
Players
125 posts
4,500 battles

Like in RL this ship is easy target for planes.
Love to drop bombs on it.
Only sad thing ,... I can;t bomb it with German planes... I doing it with British planes but it feels funny somehow.

When I spot one,.. I always go for it.

• Funny 1

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
10,550 battles
3 minutes ago, ZWC said:

Only sad thing ,... I can;t bomb it with German planes... I doing it with British planes but it feels funny somehow.

AIR CRAFT SINKING SHIP , pretend your planes are German JU 88s or better yet UFOs . SiFI in action.  Kudos WOSpace war games . Your next container may have a IJN Godzilla ,EZ target but hard to kill

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WWGU]
Players
500 posts
8,765 battles
On 3/18/2019 at 2:04 PM, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

From the article

Advantages: Good penetration angles for AP shells, decent maneuverability, good concealment, and a varied selection of consumables

Disadvantages: Extremely Weak armor, medium range of fire for her main battery, and a moderate rate of fire, and no HE option
Targets: Destroyers and cruisers
Should avoid: Battleships

my modifications  in bold italics

Fiji, a particularly hated ship in  my collection, along with other glass cannons. Just my preference, guys, neither right, nor wrong. YMMV

In the facts that you state, I agree but with your conclusion I beg to differ. She might be a port queen to you, or you might have sold her on your way to the Minotaur, and I respect your opinion.

To me she is a go to ship for some fun, able to hit hard and punish Destroyers and Cruisers, and if you are in a Battleship and you let one of these drop torps on you then... you are in for a world of pain.

Yes, expect to get random deletions from 20 km. Yes, show your broadside to a Hipper (replace with your favourite hard hitting cruiser) or even another Fiji and you are bound for the port. But the ride is worth it.

20 hours ago, ZWC said:

I can't say that I find it difficult to fend off aircraft any more so than any other non US Cruiser. I have my share of aircraft kills.

No she doesn't have Defensive Fire, but otherwise she is just behind the Helena & New Orleans in AA rating, just ahead of an upgraded Yorck & well ahead of Algerie.

Yes you do need to use (& abuse) AA Sector Enhancement.

• Cool 2

Players
3,135 posts
14,150 battles
4 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

In the facts that you state, I agree but with your conclusion I beg to differ. She might be a port queen to you, or you might have sold her on your way to the Minotaur, and I respect your opinion.

To me she is a go to ship for some fun, able to hit hard and punish Destroyers and Cruisers, and if you are in a Battleship and you let one of these drop torps on you then... you are in for a world of pain.

Yes, expect to get random deletions from 20 km. Yes, show your broadside to a Hipper (replace with your favourite hard hitting cruiser) or even another Fiji and you are bound for the port. But the ride is worth it.

What a nice reply in a forum often filled with nasty comments!  A salute for your reply, and for the fact that I respect YOUR opinion also! :Smile_honoring::Smile_honoring:

It's a matter of taste really. The Fiji is a great, effective ship, but I just don't like the playstyle (And out of Patriotism I did grind all the way to Minotaur....and Conqueror...and Daring)

• Cool 2

[WWGU]
Players
500 posts
8,765 battles
20 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

(And out of Patriotism I did grind all the way to Minotaur....and Conqueror...and Daring)

I gave up on the battleships after George V... I couldn't cope... not my playstyle...

Bismarck? Now there is something... :cap_rambo:

• Funny 1

[SE_WO]
Players
206 posts
10,550 battles
3 hours ago, Cambera_1 said:

I gave up on the battleships after George V... I couldn't cope... not my playstyle...

Bismarck? Now there is something... :cap_rambo:

with a little hard work maybe the FIJI backed up by KG5 could just sink the BISMARK !  Might need RODNEY to just for moral support . :Smile_playing: SOUNDS realistic anyhow !:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[WWGU]
Players
500 posts
8,765 battles
4 minutes ago, bondone said:

with a little hard work maybe the FIJI backed up by KG5 could just sink the BISMARK !  Might need RODNEY to just for moral support . :Smile_playing: SOUNDS realistic anyhow !:Smile_hiding:

:cap_haloween:

I've sunk a few Bismarcks with a Fiji! Torps - to quote Corporal Jones... "they don't like it up 'em"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_ZOO_]
Beta Tester
2 posts
5,112 battles

Love my Fiji, if the MM is kind she is an absolute beast. Had many a good game in her.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1