You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Snoww

buff midways flooding chance and torp damage

136 comments in this topic

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,292 battles

they have nerfed both way too much and used a sledgehammer to balance as usual. getting 19 torp hits with 0 floods and 35 torp hits with 1 flood is a joke. whilst hitting all 6 torps on a BB wields around 15k damage if you are lucky and they are not damage saturated. @MrConway 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 4

Players
4,726 posts
13,720 battles

I almost always get a flood on my torp runs. Don't really feel like it's hard to get done.

And the dmg if 6 hit is around 20k which is pretty good considering its citadel dmg. I think current Midway torps are fine

[NEXT]
Players
33,117 posts
16,640 battles
2 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

they have nerfed both way too much and used a sledgehammer to balance as usual. getting 19 torp hits with 0 floods and 35 torp hits with 1 flood is a joke. whilst hitting all 6 torps on a BB wields around 15k damage if you are lucky and they are not damage saturated. @MrConway 

image.thumb.png.663cbe2603ac9b3301b954ffba6b46db.png

Still not enough?

Alpha Tester
1,006 posts
11,990 battles

rather they should swap the main source of damage for the midway,

-nuke-nerf the he bombs, so they don't do any more bs drop on dds ( today my chung mu received a 12k drop and i was 90° from his drop, and i did a 14k drop on a gearing), but leave the firechance as it is

-buff hard the tbs alpha, they are a very hard weapon to use ( at least on midway), but make so that a lined up drop with a very cooperative enemy ( that turns away and eats a 6/6) is devastating  (30-35k damage) instead of  this  12-15k bs we have now

• Cool 3

Players
4,726 posts
13,720 battles
Vor 41 Minuten, Flavio1997 sagte:

rather they should swap the main source of damage for the midway,

-nuke-nerf the he bombs, so they don't do any more bs drop on dds ( today my chung mu received a 12k drop and i was 90° from his drop, and i did a 14k drop on a gearing), but leave the firechance as it is

-buff hard the tbs alpha, they are a very hard weapon to use ( at least on midway), but make so that a lined up drop with a very cooperative enemy ( that turns away and eats a 6/6) is devastating  (30-35k damage) instead of  this  12-15k bs we have now

Tbs on midway hard to use? Bruh..

Alpha Tester
1,006 posts
11,990 battles
4 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

Tbs on midway hard to use? Bruh..

they are if you are not use to wg bs mouse acceleration that outright deserve to get sent to gulag. if i could i would disable the mouse aiming altoghether

[SOFI]
Beta Tester
229 posts
11,132 battles

id rather have the rewards for spotting upped a bit.

Floods are fine imo, it does depend on where the torp hits the boat.

What i find disturbing is the randomness of the Bombs, 1st pass stationary chapa 4k nicely aimed, second pass same stationary chapa comming in at an angle (not nicely aimed) 17k and 2 fires...

oh and my midway WR is crap in case the statjunkies come out with them torches

[NOCAP]
Privateer
5,965 posts
13,815 battles
23 minutes ago, SgtTincan said:

Floods are fine imo, it does depend on where the torp hits the boat.

The Torps are by far your last ammo choice in the current meta, mostly thanks to the nerfs as they where still a solid choice on PTS. This is my current Result from 72 Games on NA midway, with 130k Average Damage. Dunno why you would say it's fine ;) You can clearly see the same Issue that shows in Test CB and KotS too, DB are by far the Main Source of Damage, mostly to a lack of alternatives. I mean it's logical too, why would you use 2k damage torps on a yamato that are bad to aim and will cause flooding in 1 of 20 cases which is mostly repaired instantly if you could just drop him for 15k and 2 fires 3 times in a row? 

18-03-_2019_12-52-30.jpg

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

image.thumb.png.663cbe2603ac9b3301b954ffba6b46db.png

I have none of these ships but have to fight them all the time.....WG's idea of "fair" play ?

And those tier X noobs noobing other players 2 tiers lower with no skill at all...."unicum skills" lol.....unicum noobs !

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
1,006 posts
11,990 battles
7 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

The Torps are by far your last ammo choice in the current meta, mostly thanks to the nerfs as they where still a solid choice on PTS. This is my current Result from 72 Games on NA midway, with 130k Average Damage. Dunno why you would say it's fine ;) You can clearly see the same Issue that shows in Test CB and KotS too, DB are by far the Main Source of Damage, mostly to a lack of alternatives. I mean it's logical too, why would you use 2k damage torps on a yamato that are bad to aim and will cause flooding in 1 of 20 cases which is mostly repaired instantly if you could just drop him for 15k and 2 fires 3 times in a row? 

18-03-_2019_12-52-30.jpg

not only that, there is also the psicological fact to that.

People will usually let burn a single fire, not a flooding

even after the patch were a flooding does the same damage of a fire ( 18% for fire, 20% for flooding) and we can clearly see it from your data

• Cool 1

Players
1,201 posts
7,237 battles

Stats say Midway's damage is not bad, and good players can do huge amount of damage with her.

Just look at midway's leaderboard... No buff needed.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,302 posts
22,267 battles

Just do away with the horrible Midway 6 torp gimmick and give her Lexington torps.

• Cool 4

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
14,015 battles
22 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Just look at midway's leaderboard... No buff needed.

Why is suddenly everyone referring to leaderboards when it comes to balancing carriers?

Never happened before afaik - and just a quick look on leaderboards for monty, yammy & gearing must qualify said ships for nerfing I guess?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
376 posts
7,649 battles

What is this? Oh, just the daily "buff CVs" thread.

It is sad and boring at the same time.

You should spend your time learning how to play instead of complaining. Yesterday I had a game in the Roon where I didn`t set single fire with 150 shells. crap happens.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
10,887 posts
12,591 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Just do away with the horrible Midway 6 torp gimmick and give her Lexington torps.

Sound and reasonable change?

RUdPyQP.jpg

Lex torps in 4 per attack could be done in two-plane attack wing, assuming those BTD Derpstroyers stay, 8/10 total or 4 separate planes in 8/12 squadron. And switch these BTDs with Skyraiders already

• Funny 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
6 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

Please buff my CV playing skills...

Pls don’t. 

[DK-CP]
Players
92 posts
22,215 battles

What a comedian.  Those deep purple average damage stats must be under threat.

If KoTS tells us anything it's that CV's are as OP as ever, in the hands of a skilled player and here you are asking for buffs.

If it weren't so unremittingly perverse and sad it would be very funny indeed.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[KITEN]
Players
736 posts
15,912 battles
11 hours ago, Saiyko said:

Never happened before afaik - and just a quick look on leaderboards for monty, yammy & gearing must qualify said ships for nerfing I guess?

They dont spot everything on the map without putting themselves at risk though. CV cant be top spotters, top damage dealers, and the most immune from return damage.

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
9,785 battles
15 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

+111

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2