Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ice8121210

Exeter Missions

25 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,750 battles

Anyone else struggling with the missions like me, its driving me up the wall.

What the the best way to do them, in random or co op?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,731 battles

Which mission(s) are you having problems with?

There are several threads on this already;

[POP]
Players
39 posts

Yes, they are a bit grindy. But if you got variety of ships for these missions, they are doable. I just got that third part done, sailed only british ships during the weekend. Some of the missions are better done in co-op and some in randoms. Co-op is probably more consistent than randoms. For example, I sailed three battles in co-op to get kills, I got 2 kills in every battle. Then I decided to try randoms, two battles, 5+3 kills. But it could have been 0+0.

[BOBS3]
Players
1,008 posts
18,509 battles
30 minutes ago, Ice8121210 said:

Other than the 'plane kill' mission and the upcoming 'Achievement' mission, do them in Co-op.

Shorter Matches, easier to get kills etc.

I also had to rebuy tech tree ships to ensure I have suitable ship to do the task.

Finally ignore the ships shown by the task filter. The filters don't seem to work and only show a partial selection. However ships that meet the written criteria do work.

Hope that this helps.

Edited by Cambera_1
Clarity
  • Cool 1

Players
387 posts
On 3/18/2019 at 8:51 AM, Ice8121210 said:

Second first: i agree /w Cambera_1 on this:

Other than the 'plane kill' mission and the upcoming 'Achievement' mission, do them in Co-op.

Shorter Matches, easier to get kills etc.  (...)

What's driving me up the wall sometimes these days is the sheer flood of me-me-me-first (mostly) Acasta and Icarus players* in CoOp who rush a cap, smoke up blocking vision for everyone behind them and then just sitting there waiting to drop all their torps at the first thing hard spotted - often enough not even hitting the proverbial inside of a barn door - or to do their pew pew for the friggin' 1000 mb hits.

I'm really looking forward to everyone finally getting their bloody Exeter:Smile_sceptic: 

sry for the short rant. Had to let it out somewhere. Good luck /w the mission though!

edit: * i'm adding a lot of Fiji players for last night who give a damn about anything but harvesting kills. (Of course not all of them :-) like to sail her myself, great ship).

--> In comparison the Fly! Strike! Win! missions are far more diverse and don't reward single mindedness nearly as much, imo. 

Edited by HentaiSquirrel
footnote

[-TPF-]
Players
3,822 posts
15,687 battles
5 hours ago, HentaiSquirrel said:

What's driving me up the wall sometimes these days is the sheer flood of me-me-me-first (mostly) Acasta and Icarus players* in CoOp who rush a cap, smoke up blocking vision for everyone behind them and then just sitting there waiting to drop all their torps at the first thing hard spotted - often enough not even hitting the proverbial inside of a barn door - or to do their pew pew for the friggin' 1000 mb hits.

Sometimes there can be an amusing clash of missions. I was doing the "75 hits with your secondary battery" task from Fly!Strike!Whinge! and took a Normandie into co-op. There were three Icaruses (Icarii?) in a division zooming around sinking everything before I could get to it, so I had to jam my ship sideways between two islands in the path of an oncoming QE to keep them back and get things done. The salt flowed freely. 

I found Random missions much more productive for completing both FSW and the Exeter marathons, to be honest, as well as much more fun. I wish they'd extend the missions to Ops, too: sailing around going pew pew pew and sinking things is the point, there, no-one will complain.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,369 posts

The 4th set ( 1/4 to 4/4 ) of the Exeter missions seems much more daunting then anything before, and there is relative little time to achieve them.

I never tracked how many achievements i get in one week, so 15 seems a lot. And i regularly kill up to 5 ships in Operations which do not count for this, but not in Randoms or Coop for that matter, as everone is trying to kill bots quick. Killing 2 is easy in Coop but killing 3 could be tricky enough to be a problem, if you want to achieve it as a goal.....while everyone else is too......it will give another definition to the term "kill stealer" Maybe it is better achieved in Randoms.

[BOBS3]
Players
1,008 posts
18,509 battles
9 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I wish they'd extend the missions to Ops, too: sailing around going pew pew pew and sinking things is the point, there, no-one will complain.....

There would be alot more complaints and the air would be very salty.

Many players in Operations take getting 5 Stars very seriously indeed. You obviously haven't seen they threads about Potatoes in Operations recently.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Always depends on your ships avaliable. I mostly played Gallant, Nelson and Belfast and so far they all have been very easy to complete in casual gameplay.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,060 posts
19,507 battles
16 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

The 4th set ( 1/4 to 4/4 ) of the Exeter missions seems much more daunting then anything before, and there is relative little time to achieve them.

I never tracked how many achievements i get in one week, so 15 seems a lot. And i regularly kill up to 5 ships in Operations which do not count for this, but not in Randoms or Coop for that matter, as everone is trying to kill bots quick. Killing 2 is easy in Coop but killing 3 could be tricky enough to be a problem, if you want to achieve it as a goal.....while everyone else is too......it will give another definition to the term "kill stealer" Maybe it is better achieved in Randoms.

3 kill in coop should not be too hard if you play late at night or early morning.. play high tier in COOP. You will fnnd your team has a number of bots as well. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,369 posts
11 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

3 kill in coop should not be too hard if you play late at night or early morning.. play high tier in COOP. You will fnnd your team has a number of bots as well. 

I havent thought of that.....thank you :-))

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,113 battles

I did the first stage mostly with an Atlanta, second in Myoko and the 3rd using Fiji and Duke of York. No problems whatsoever, but perhaps I was just lucky, I can see how it could have gotten grindy quite easily. All were completed during randoms. Looking forward to part 4 already. Lessee how it goes then.:cap_like:

[BOBS3]
Players
1,008 posts
18,509 battles
7 hours ago, HentaiSquirrel said:

What's driving me up the wall sometimes these days is the sheer flood of me-me-me-first (mostly) Acasta and Icarus players* in CoOp

I find the name Co-Op to be somewhat ironic as this has never been a place to expect much co-operation. So much so that when a DD smoked up to cover my Edinburgh we totally misunderstood each other intentions. Thankfully sorted in PMs afterward.

However Co-op is the only safe place for people to do these kinds of missions, be they particular challenges for a Special Mission, or a Directive for event or whatever.

People need to understand that this is a "game" and that others are here for "fun". Even those trolls who love trolling in battle chat or collecting team kill penalties. (If you don't believe me, just look in Clan Search with the key words "Team Kill")

Can I suggest that people use the Karma Functions to reward good behaviour and if possible put something in Battle Chat, not that you get rewarded back, but "thanks" or whatever. This would mean that those trying to help out are encouraged.

Please, please don't feed the trolls... 

(And the Exeter Missions will all be over by the 30th.)(But something else will replace them soon...)

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
300 posts
7,508 battles

Bit Grindy, but nothing too challenging.

Part 2 with the Japanese boats was entirely in Coop 

Part 3 - 100k fire damage was two games in the DoY on randoms. 20 Torp hits took a couple of games in Gallant and Cossack. 1000 main battery hits is a bit of slog, but just means playing Belfast over and over. 20 kills I expect I'll go back to DD in Coop. 

Players
2,175 posts
20,259 battles

Well, for the first part of the fourth and last stage that starts tomorrow, you will have to do them in Random because it calls for seven "battle" achievements, of which I don't think there are any awarded in Co-Op currently, and Wargaming's  careless boilerplate phrasing notwithstanding, there are no Ranked battles on for the duration. So Random it is.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,412 posts
13,277 battles

For the fourth batch, obviously the first needs to be in Randoms, but the rest look fairly straightforward in Coop (playing at weird hours for the 'three kills' one).

For the Battle achievements one, I think I'll just play DDs normally, but with their anti-det flags removed...!

Edit: thinking about it, flying the increased fire/flooding chance (+increased det chance) signals should be done too - might as well go all in.

• Funny 4

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

I will just load Nelson and go for Dreadnought and fireproof achievements, any devastating strikes is just bonus.

Players
1,981 posts
12,990 battles

If one will detonate yoloing and still get good torp hit it will be two in one short attempt with a dev strike and first blood if you survive:Smile_trollface: I am expecting interesting weekend:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,412 posts
13,277 battles
53 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Do the missions in CO-OP. They're really easy there.

The achievements one might give a modicum of trouble in Coop...?

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,412 posts
13,277 battles
58 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

If one will detonate yoloing and still get good torp hit it will be two in one short attempt with a dev strike and first blood if you survive:Smile_trollface: I am expecting interesting weekend:cap_haloween:

It's a pity it's RN ships only - the banzai DD approach would be hilarious in some of the Russkies, not to mention Terrible...

Players
387 posts
14 hours ago, Cambera_1 said:

Can I suggest that people use the Karma Functions to reward good behaviour and if possible put something in Battle Chat, not that you get rewarded back, but "thanks" or whatever. This would mean that those trying to help out are encouraged.

:cap_like:

Mostly i end a session with all compliments and 0 - 3 reports spent. The latter i hand out for obviously malicious or unsporting behavior only. And i agree... typing 'sry', 'thx' or 'np' costs a second and can make all the difference ;)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this