You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Milan_G_

WINRATE upgrade

46 comments in this topic

[O-S-W]
Players
504 posts
14,472 battles

the winrate is (even for expier. players!!) considered like  about quality of player.

but winrate is pure stat about how many time you got loosers / good players in team.

solution? here: 

add to winrate another significant factor.

when player in defeat team is on first place + did 60k damage or more 

>>> he gets one point.

now the winrate  will looks like this:

54% & 1

result: 

nowadays..it looks they are the same quality...................

player X -- 53%

player Y -- 53%

after my ugrade you perfectly see who is a goood player: 

player X -- 53% & 0

player Y -- 53% & 45

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 12
  • Bad 3

Players
151 posts
10,897 battles

I honestly dont see why this would be any better indication of player skill. Maybe i am missing something...

There is already winrate, average damage, average XP, K/D ratio, and I dont see how an extra number added to winrate will make any difference to what people think.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
2,069 posts
13,268 battles
1 hour ago, Milan_G_ said:

the winrate is (even for expier. players!!) considered like  about quality of player.

but winrate is pure stat about how many time you got loosers / good players in team.

Statistics 101 disagree with you here. Afer a significant amount of games, win rate will filter out the one and only constant in all games: you.

They exist allready: hit ratio, spotting dmg, kill/death ration, kills per game. 

All these will add more depth to the one number that is winratio and the combination of these will paint a picture that is more telling.

>>> he gets one point.

Right, cause:

-doing 60k at tier 3 is equally hard to doing 60k at tier 10,

-doing 60k in a sniping BB is equally easy compared to a cruiser on ocean,

And newsflash: it's not because you were first on your team that you were the best player. XP is hugely based on damage, so you can just snipe from the back in your BB, not tanking at all (I mean, that's what you have cruisers and DDs for) and when everyone else is death, the enemy will come for you one at a time so you can farm some more dmg (and use only one of your many heals).

Sounds like good play? No, will it get you first place: yes, last ranked season was proof of that with all the bow tanking musashis.

• Cool 8

[DAVY]
Players
2,535 posts
3 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

solution? here: 

>>> he gets one point.

now the winrate  will looks like this:

54% & 1

result: 

nowadays..it looks they are the same quality...................

player X -- 53%

player Y -- 53%

player X -- 53% & 0

player Y -- 53% & 45

No mention of a  -1 for doing bugger all. :Smile_trollface:

Players
907 posts
8,117 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

Statistics 101 disagree with you here. Afer a significant amount of games, win rate will filter out the one and only constant in all games: you.

They exist allready: hit ratio, spotting dmg, kill/death ration, kills per game. 

All these will add more depth to the one number that is winratio and the combination of these will paint a picture that is more telling.

Right, cause:

-doing 60k at tier 3 is equally hard to doing 60k at tier 10,

-doing 60k in a sniping BB is equally easy compared to a cruiser on ocean,

And newsflash: it's not because you were first on your team that you were the best player. XP is hugely based on damage, so you can just snipe from the back in your BB, not tanking at all (I mean, that's what you have cruisers and DDs for) and when everyone else is death, the enemy will come for you one at a time so you can farm some more dmg (and use only one of your many heals).

Sounds like good play? No, will it get you first place: yes, last ranked season was proof of that with all the bow tanking musashis.

You should be careful with all that sarcasm, he might not get it.... 

Other than that youre right, of course. 

• Funny 2

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
506 posts
9,693 battles

What the heck did i just read....

• Funny 1

Players
1,161 posts
6,106 battles

I'm a terrible player, just got lucky 12 times in a row.

Screenshot_20190318-091046.png

• Cool 2

Players
295 posts
1,444 battles

It's called 'stat padding' in WoT, players who cry about not winning but finish top of their team by camping at the back and farming damage as the enemy is closes in. They mistake it for skill. Of course finishing top on a losing team doesn't have to be down to stat padding, it is mostly genuine hard play, but the situation would be open to abuse if there was a specific reward for it.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles
7 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

So you say, WG is deliberately rigging the MM, that certain players get to win more often, and the other lose more often :cap_hmm:

I wonder how this can be achieved, or shouldnt the losing side not have the same opinion about all the other losers on their team?

- Shimakaze player: Oh no, i lost again because my GK is a loser

- GK player: Oh no, i lost again because my Shima is a loser

I mean, where does it end? Its totaly ridiculous :cap_fainting: 12 individual players all blaming each other, because they got put on the "losing side"

Your claim in a nutshell :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,732 posts
6,135 battles

Sorry mate, but short answer...nope. Not a useful or thought through change.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,724 posts
19,834 battles

2wbh4v.jpg

:Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,581 posts
10,610 battles

Be careful chaps, we wouldn't to be called "Elitist" now would we :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,724 posts
19,834 battles

lol..... thx 4 the sing along :Smile_great::

"...coz it's my job to keep punk rock elite, this music ain't your...." :Smile_bajan2:

[-AP-]
Players
1,640 posts
3,751 battles

Please read up basic statistics.

To oversimplify it for you:

If you throw a dice 1000 times, you will get an average value of exactly 3.5, The dice value represents bad and good teams. Then there is a constant(your skill) which can be positive or negative that is added to this dice value.

If the dice value after your constant is added is above 3.5, its a win, if its below 3.5, its a loss.

So you see, your teammates skills has nothing at all to do with your winrate.

Beta Tester
830 posts
5,378 battles
10 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

I also think there are enough statistics around to check in yourself.

As for the quote...well this is true for real mirrored matchmaking (same ship, same suite, same WR) and a very high number of games. The sum of Eleven Random numbers and a constant still is a Random number, as well as with twelve Randoms. For all theoretical purposes. Also, this only applies ifypu always perform equally well, like everybody else has to. Meaning, you might guess at least the range of the constant. The more constants you get and if they are equally distributed, the better the guess gets. And lets just not forget that de actually have 23 Random Numbers, not counting the Random aspects of the game itself. 

Die practical purposes, the Playerbase is just not equally distributed. The large part (my guess is 90%) und doesn't give a frack about game mechanics and doing well or Stats. Meaning the varying range of the "Random numbers" is quite small so it's easier to "guess" the range of the constant. Nevertheless, it still is random to a large degree. 

I am NOT saying good players are bad or Bad players are good. Im just saying that neither the environment nor the Playerbase is applicable for a correct measurement. 

Meaning, the example isn't bad, it's just wrong. 

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
760 posts

And all I wanted was getting better rewarded for what u do ingame, when u lose a game.

Don't get hung up in the stat cycle, OP. Most players don't give a f***.

And bragging to your gf about your average this and that doesn't get u more lai* either.

Enjoy the game for what it is.....a game.

[O-S-W]
Players
504 posts
14,472 battles

its about to do simploicity. + gove some fair reward for top list players.

yes..we have quite a lot of stat values. 

but my upgrade its about one-look-to know.  the winrate value will be more objective.

------------ it is very unfair when someone is top of the list, but due the weak team his winrate goes down.

so in another words : its a statistic reward for good (best) players.  (example----ranked.... the best doesnt loose a star)

[O-S-W]
Players
504 posts
14,472 battles
11 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

I honestly dont see why this would be any better indication of player skill. Maybe i am missing something...

There is already winrate, average damage, average XP, K/D ratio, and I dont see how an extra number added to winrate will make any difference to what people think.

my idea is not something special.  in ranked  its used allready.( best player doesnt loose a star)

so.,we need it only also in random. think wise and simply :)

• Funny 1

Players
1,124 posts
9,211 battles

image.png.932304719b15d6bb2c6c89cc5d5eca2d.png

"hurr hurr i have a 45% winrate but im top xp of the losing team each time so i must be a good player and matchmaking is rigged against me hurr hurrr"

• Funny 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,078 posts
6,135 battles
7 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

but my upgrade its about one-look-to know.  the winrate value will be more objective.

------------ it is very unfair when someone is top of the list, but due the weak team his winrate goes down.

so in another words : its a statistic reward for good (best) players.  (example----ranked.... the best doesnt loose a star)

You're aware that the score list simply goes off XP, of which its heavily skewed towards damage, and some ships have higher modifiers (e.g sims).

One of the large complaints about ranked was you had people who sat and farmed damage off of useless targets would frequently lose (because they did nothing useful), but come top (because they farmed lots of damage)

[-AP-]
Players
1,640 posts
3,751 battles
38 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

Winrate is a one-look to know stat...

Solo-winrate is guided 100% by player skill and nothing else(unless you sealclub at t1 or only play some op ship, but that skews every stat)

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,379 posts
13,554 battles
7 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

So you say, WG is deliberately rigging the MM, that certain players get to win more often, and the other lose more often :cap_hmm:

I wonder how this can be achieved, or shouldnt the losing side not have the same opinion about all the other losers on their team?

- Shimakaze player: Oh no, i lost again because my GK is a loser

- GK player: Oh no, i lost again because my Shima is a loser

I mean, where does it end? Its totaly ridiculous :cap_fainting: 12 individual players all blaming each other, because they got put on the "losing side"

- Heyaa, turn those frowns around!

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
15 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

What, you want to make your WR look even worse? :Smile_trollface:

15 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

No. YOu can see who tends to survive longer in lost battles. The last few ships left alive normally can farm massive ammounts of damage & thus end up on the top of score screen because the winning team sets caution aside and goes yolo just to get that extra bit more before the game ends.

This is why so many record breaking high damage games are losses.

This way you easily can be the useless reason for the loss, and still end up high on score screen

2 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

in ranked  its used allready.

And it's a terrible system promoting being a useless :etc_swear: and playing with a  "we lose, I save a star" mindset instead of "we need to win"

It's not a good system in any way

• Cool 2