You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
El2aZeR

PSA: Despawning fighters

56 comments in this topic

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,789 posts
19,479 battles

I actually kept this a secret for the most part to see how long it takes for people to notice. (And, well, because I can't bring myself to particularly care anymore.)

But now that it has been shown on KotS I might as well inform everyone present here.

Just watch this and laugh. Or cry.

Depends on how you still feel about this game.

This naturally works with Catapult Fighters as well.

And yes, I've been using this exploit since forever.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,554 posts
8,858 battles

Beta test on live server - nuff said :cap_old:

Who knows how many other exploits are out there ?!

• Funny 2

[4_0_4]
Players
7,551 posts
13,682 battles

Not sure if I should cry or laugh.

I guess that explains my confusion, why I always get the "Fighters destroyed" line after my LT CV got attacked

• Cool 1

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles

Sorry, understand no single word what he speeched.

Btw. english is NOT my native language and i think his english is bad, so i understand some words in the video but the rest could also be chinese for me!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[KITEN]
Players
284 posts
14,011 battles
34 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I actually kept this a secret for the most part to see how long it takes for people to notice. (And, well, because I can't bring myself to particularly care anymore.)

But now that it has been shown on KotS I might as well inform everyone present here.

Just watch this and laugh. Or cry.

Depends on how you still feel about this game.

This naturally works with Catapult Fighters as well.

And yes, I've been using this exploit since forever.

I saw this yesterday too, but when you say you have been using this ‘forever’, do you mean this has been possible all along?

Year of the CV eh? Have faith... WG know what they are doing.... or something... :Smile_sceptic:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,789 posts
19,479 battles
15 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

do you mean this has been possible all along?

Honestly? I don't even remember when exactly I discovered it. It was sometime after release, though. Never knew about it during testing.

[TRID]
Players
248 posts
4,917 battles

Personally I don't think any of the emoticons do justice to my reaction to the OP, just wow! Cloaked fighters perhaps :Smile-_tongue:

When is the first Brit premium CV due for release again?

images.jpg.7cadc527a9e311492ac5738a8b258314.jpg

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
300 posts
5,819 battles

From my experience what happens is that one the fighter has aggro and you make your drop afterwards he only has aggro on those that detached. If they are destroyed by AA or if they kill one doesnt matter, they despawn afterwards.

Another technique is to boost through the edge and have the fighters follow you. They are too slow so they get picked up by friendly AA while giving chase. It takes a bit more time though.

[NWP]
Players
2,638 posts
16,262 battles
4 hours ago, Arakus said:

Sorry, understand no single word what he speeched.

This is a clear post, even more clear than a lot of other negative posts on CVs. Post on which you always had to push the "bad" button.

But now than an exploit is shown for your beloved class you all of a sudden go "my name is manuel, I am for Barcelona".

3 hours ago, Zuihou25 said:

This is an exploit? I thought this was normal and everyone knew about it

Are you really that biassed to think this is a valid mechanism? 

Glad to know I can just ignore any and all posts you made/will make on CVs. CV apologist 101...

@MrConway when will we get the facepalm emoticon to react to posts? The opening post of this topic most certainly warrants this.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,592 posts
13,524 battles
2 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

when will we get the facepalm emoticon to react to posts? The opening post of this topic most certainly warrants this.

:Smile_facepalm:     =)

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,592 posts
13,524 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

Can someone explain for us noobs here ... because I cant make sense of it :)

When the ''fighters'' warning indicator on your HUD turns red, you immediately drop your payload into the water. The short invulnerability window that you incur while dropping makes the fighters go away without having done anything. 

You must enter the drop approach before the indicator turns red though, or it will be too late. It needs to be timed right or it won't work. 

• Cool 7

Players
4,016 posts
1 minute ago, Miragetank90 said:

When the ''fighters'' warning indicator on your HUD turns red, you immediately drop your payload into the water. The short invulnerability window that you incur while dropping makes the fighters go away without having done anything. 

You must enter the drop approach before the indicator turns red though, or it will be too late. It needs to be timed right or it won't work. 

Allrite, so I understood correctly. Not that I ever noticed the "red indicator" :)

I presume that goes for all fighters .. surface ship or squad spawned?

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,592 posts
13,524 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

Allrite, so I understood correctly. Not that I ever noticed the "red indicator" :)

I presume that goes for all fighters .. surface ship or squad spawned?

Yep.

In our discord, we say ''it makes them go poof''

Props to Alex, our KOTS CV

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
3,652 posts
10,889 battles

@159Hunter

Couldn't care less. It just shows how little all the people know who are protesting CV with all their facts and stats.

If something like that only gets discovered after KOTS CVs show it happening.

More then likely was intended or havr all the testers overlooked it?

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,592 posts
13,524 battles
11 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

It exists but I highly doubt this is normal or intended. Now that word is getting out more through KOTS I would expect WGs attention to be drawn to patching this out, hopefully. 

[XTREM]
Players
3,652 posts
10,889 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Miragetank90 sagte:

It exists but I highly doubt this is normal or intended. Now that word is getting out more through KOTS I would expect WGs attention to be drawn to patching this out, hopefully. 

The fighter focuses the currenrly aimimg planes first and follow them until they die, since fighters apply DPS and not instant kill after the drop is released the attack wing becomes a seperate sqzad which the fighters follow until dead, regardless of how many squads remain in the area the fighter then despawns. Normal behavior.

Only doable under certain circumstances

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,592 posts
13,524 battles
3 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

The fighter focuses the currenrly aimimg planes first and follow them until they die, since fighters apply DPS and not instant kill after the drop is released the attack wing becomes a seperate sqzad which the fighters follow until dead, regardless of how many squads remain in the area the fighter then despawns. Normal behavior.

Only doable under certain circumstances

I know that. But to insinuate this is normal is ludicrous, it should not happen in this way, and it shouldn't be that dropping your payload into the water at the right time completely removes the fighter threat because... reasons. 

That's just stupid. But, for the time it's here, people make use of it, and they can hardly be blamed for it. 

Also, remember that part of the point of this rework was to decrease the skill gap? 

Yeah. Keeping this will not help with that. 

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Players
2,591 posts
12,846 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Honestly? I don't even remember when exactly I discovered it.

You first told me about three weeks ago ;)

Nice little experiment though.

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,652 posts
10,889 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Miragetank90 sagte:

I know that. But to insinuate this is normal is ludicrous, it should not happen in this way, and it shouldn't be that dropping your payload into the water at the right time completely removes the fighter threat because... reasons. 

That's just stupid. But, for the time it's here, people make use of it, and they can hardly be blamed for it. 

Also, remember that part of the point of this rework was to decrease the skill gap? 

Yeah. Keeping this will not help with that. 

If you drop in the water it forcefully reduces the possible attack runs by 3 planes which also get destroyed by the fighters. It's either lose 7 planes (t10) if they lock on or lose an attack run and 3 planes after dropping into water.

The latter achieves not the maximum amount of defense a fighter could provide but at least reduces the attack potential of that squadron. Of course if the fighter gets triggered during the first attack on a ship it only kills 3 planes and doesn't do that much to defend. But this really needs good timing and sometimes forces a hasty less accurate drop.

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles
46 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

@159Hunter

Couldn't care less. It just shows how little all the people know who are protesting CV with all their facts and stats.

If something like that only gets discovered after KOTS CVs show it happening.

Yeah we all thought the "go dark after duck behind cover" mechanic was legit and yet WG declared it as a bug ... you never know ...

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,592 posts
13,524 battles
3 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

If you drop in the water it forcefully reduces the possible attack runs by 3 planes which also get destroyed by the fighters. It's either lose 7 planes (t10) if they lock on or lose an attack run and 3 planes after dropping into water.

The latter achieves not the maximum amount of defense a fighter could provide but at least reduces the attack potential of that squadron. Of course if the fighter gets triggered during the first attack on a ship it only kills 3 planes and doesn't do that much to defend. But this really needs good timing and sometimes forces a hasty less accurate drop.

If you watch the posted example though, the planes that dropped don't get destroyed by fighters, they get destroyed by the AA of the Stalin. The fighters just kind of leave. Watch the group that splits off after making the water drop. 

Ultimately it seems our opinion is split on whether this ''mechanic'' is right and intended or not. 

Personally I don't think so and my bet is on it being patched out eventually.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,652 posts
10,889 battles

Yes i think it's difficult to say. I am certain it's not really an exploit and working as intended. Which of course doesn't mean it's not flawed.

I am also of the opinion that it's kind of bad that the fighters are weakend in that way. Would be much better if:

The fighter plane once locked tries to do a set amount of dmg before timer runs out or it disappears.

If fighter for example kills 3 planes but still can do enough dmg for 4more it stays in the area until all the dmg is done or it runs out

• Cool 3

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,789 posts
19,479 battles
14 hours ago, Saiyko said:

You first told me about three weeks ago ;)

Nice little experiment though.

*edited*

Topkek.

Edited by Arty_McFly
Bragging about in-game rule violations (using exploits).
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1