You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yedwy

Saint Patrick's Day - no green river?

18 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
1,974 posts
16,187 battles

Just noticed no celebratory green this year?

[NSVE]
Players
171 posts
9,170 battles

Why should we have green river?

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,323 posts
7,937 battles

didnt you know? Saint Patrick's Day is not a holiday that is celebrated in the EU, much like Carnival... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
1,910 posts
5,874 battles
5 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

didnt you know? Saint Patrick's Day is not a holiday that is celebrated in the EU, much like Carnival... :Smile_trollface:

WG merely stayed ahead of the times and assumed that Britain no longer is a part of the EU :Smile_trollface:.

• Funny 5

Players
383 posts
2,155 battles

To be fair, to the Irish it's important, for the English it's a culturally appropriated excuse to get bladdered. The Welsh and Scots could honestly care less.

Outside of Ireland, you've basically got the US who are Irish, Polish, Dutch, Italian descent dependent on mood, time of day, year, level of inebriation, excuse for inebriation and get far more carried away with St Patricks day than the actual Irish do.

If it weren't for Guinness and Jameson's marketing you'd barely notice it being St Patricks day in most of the UK.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
151 posts
10,897 battles
10 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

WG merely stayed ahead of the times and assumed that Britain no longer is a part of the EU :Smile_trollface:.

Britain was never part of the EU :Smile-_tongue:

Alpha Tester
69 posts
5,612 battles
16 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

I think right now every irish forum reader would like to know where you live. :Smile_trollface:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,199 posts
7,053 battles
53 minutes ago, omglaserspewpew said:

I think right now every irish forum reader would like to know where you live. :Smile_trollface:

I think the answer is not on this planet.....

St Patrick's day is observed in Ireland (ROI) and Northern Ireland and both have public holidays.   The rest of the UK (England, Scotland and Wales) don't have a public holiday but are aware of what the day is.

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,318 posts
2,517 battles
21 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Just noticed no celebratory green this year?

There is a bundle of that nice-looking, unpronounceable emerald camouflage pattern in the shop.

(The special emerald permanent camo pattern that can be obtained for the Emerald, is still the only good reason - though not enough of one - to get that ship.)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
8,112 battles
22 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

There is a bundle of that nice-looking, unpronounceable emerald camouflage pattern in the shop.

(The special emerald permanent camo pattern that can be obtained for the Emerald, is still the only good reason - though not enough of one - to get that ship.)

We also got that camo in this weeks directives for some of the missions. :cap_hmm:

Beta Tester
2,318 posts
2,517 battles
18 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

We also got that camo in this weeks directives for some of the missions. :cap_hmm:

Well, that's nice. I like the colours, so it's too bad their in-game bonuses aren't quite worth the money. I've invested a load of cash in the yellow-and-black Commander camo, as well as the the red-and-black Victory camo, and I still have a bucket load left. :Smile_teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
1,910 posts
5,874 battles
13 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

Britain was never part of the EU :Smile-_tongue:

I'm sure the residents of said island will say otherwise :Smile_trollface:.

Yes, the United Kingdom or the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" are the correct terms but in my native language, Great Britain (translated, obviously) is the official name. As such, I didn't really think about the proper English title.

7 hours ago, omglaserspewpew said:

See the hint above. Besides, I doubt that the pseudo-Scots with inferior whisky will care all that much after yesterday's drunkenness :Smile_trollface:.

6 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

I think the answer is not on this planet.....

Cosmonaut-comrade Kartoffel, reporting for duty! :Smile_teethhappy:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,199 posts
7,053 battles
46 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

See the hint above. Besides, I doubt that the pseudo-Scots with inferior whisky will care all that much after yesterday's drunkenness :Smile_trollface:.

I think you will find that St Patrick's day is today with a whole day off (for some).   Yesterday was simply a warm-up.

Players
151 posts
10,897 battles
8 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

I'm sure the residents of said island will say otherwise :Smile_trollface:.

Yes, the United Kingdom or the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" are the correct terms but in my native language, Great Britain (translated, obviously) is the official name. As such, I didn't really think about the proper English title.

Except technically, Britain is only England, Wales and Scotland. Which is why the UK is named as a member and not Britain. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,910 posts
5,874 battles
10 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

Except technically, Britain is only England, Wales and Scotland. Which is why the UK is named as a member and not Britain. :Smile-_tongue:

That's what I meant with my comment though: the residents of the geographical area known as Britain/Great Britain would probably object if someone stated that their location was not a part of the EU. I must admit that my mistake had the rather humorous side-effect of labelling Northern Ireland as a part of Britain so there's also that :Smile-_tongue:.

[ORM]
Players
70 posts
1,804 battles

could be worse,

imagine if you're Sheffield council (for those that don't know, Sheffield is an English city ) and have screwed up by flying the Welsh flag for St Patrick's Day 

imagine then if you issue an apology and in said apology take the time to congratulate Wales on winning the 6 Nations rugby championship and doing the grand slam (i'e winning all the games ), achievements reached on the day before St Patrick's day by beating   .....................................................the Irish team

• Funny 2

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
34 minutes ago, tinvek said:

imagine if you're Sheffield council (for those that don't know, Sheffield is an English city ) and have screwed up by flying the Welsh flag for St Patrick's Day 

Blood has been spilled for lesser offenses, I guess apologies happened, many of them?

34 minutes ago, tinvek said:

imagine then if you issue an apology and in said apology take the time to congratulate Wales on winning the 6 Nations rugby championship and doing the grand slam (i'e winning all the games ), achievements reached on the day before St Patrick's day by beating   .....................................................the Irish team

Oh I see... WW3 starts between yorkshire and ireland then, that is a plot twist if I ever saw one...

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,704 battles

They didn't give us the Lunar New Year - year of the Pig flag, even though they made one and added it to the client.

So why would they add an existing port modification for St. Paddys? It's too much work, can't you see?

This year WG is devoted to dropping the ball on WoWS, the events are bottom of the barrel bad. Lunar New Year, valentine's , St. Paddys, no matter where you look there's the lowest possible effort made but a lot of shop offers.

• Cool 1