You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
andy_196

AI difficulty

30 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
1,450 battles

What has happened to the scaling of the computer controlled players. I am getting blown out of the water every single game. 

They have an amazing ability to be able to hit very accurately from any distance

This is ruining any enjoyment from the game

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,246 battles

Well, if bots own you, 2 words: GIT GUD

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[BABBY]
Players
672 posts
10,272 battles

He's got a point though, what bots lack in tactics they make up for with perfect aim and focus fire. You have to have a plan of escape if you get focused, having an island nearby helps. The perfect aim can be exploited in a bb vs bb fight because bots will always fire ap at your perfectly angled hull.

• Cool 3

[WES]
Beta Tester
49 posts
28 minutes ago, andy_196 said:

What has happened to the scaling of the computer controlled players. I am getting blown out of the water every single game. 

They have an amazing ability to be able to hit very accurately from any distance

play BB, they dont touch BB's until every other class is toast.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles

I dunno whats fun about a game which should be so easy that you could do something else in between :cap_old:

Which is funny, because just yesterday i tried to get defended ribbons in coop. I was lucky that my team didnt help me defend our base on Two brothers, so i got that done. Then i thought, ah game is already ending, and i went to the kitchen. Came back, and a bot BB actually sailed also through the mid and popped out at 3km when i came back to my PC. Torped him -> he died :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I dunno whats fun about a game which should be so easy that you could do something else in between :cap_old:

Which is funny, because just yesterday i tried to get defended ribbons in coop. I was lucky that my team didnt help me defend our base on Two brothers, so i got that done. Then i thought, ah game is already ending, and i went to the kitchen. Came back, and a bot BB actually sailed also through the mid and popped out at 3km when i came back to my PC. Torped him -> he died :cap_haloween:

I have literaly won co-op without doing a thing when I've needed ribbons or when I'm bored and want cqb kills. I point at the blob and go make a cup of tea. I use repair from time to time if need be.

• Bad 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,284 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

The problems comes when one tries to complete a weekly operation. You might be good enough to play around bot skills but your teammates wont. Because of the catastrophicly low skill of the random wows player youll just end up losing every operation that isnt a full clan division.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,225 battles
44 minutes ago, andy_196 said:

AI has improved a lot recently. which im all for as we need more of a challenge in these operations (some of them anyway :Smile_hiding:)...There recent ability to dodge torps so effectively always puts a smile on my face, because  other than that I find they just sail in a strait line giving me citadel opportunities left right and centre.

Sounds like your doing the same though so perhaps look at your positioning and angle your direction in regards to attack or defend (advance or reteat).

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

The problems comes when one tries to complete a weekly operation. You might be good enough to play around bot skills but your teammates wont. Because of the catastrophicly low skill of the random wows player youll just end up losing every operation that isnt a full clan division. 

True, i believe thats because Operations mostly dont offer anything for better players. So really bad players keep playing operations and its still too hard for them (kinda)... Most of the time its even easier to do an Operation with a group of 4, than with 6 random guys, which really shows how bad the playerbase actually is.

For me, Operations are already too easy, id like to have a hard mode for them finaly :Smile_sad: But as you pointed out correctly, i still need a team which is doing atleast basic stuff like shooting the right targets and go for objectives.

People most of the time die / lose an operation because they are so cowardly. They are not good enough (or have bad RNG on top) to hit something from range, but the bots will hit you, especially if you are not evading. If they would play more aggressive, they would stand a better chance.

F.e. just look at this guy in coop today

Spoiler

shot-19_03.16_15_08.44-0764.thumb.jpg.737fde036f04e77af436572515dfb5c3.jpg

He never left the spawn, was only moving on B/C line for the first 5 mins (and even then went behind an island). And he still got torped there just because he was such a coward. Loyang at C had a nice game, killed 3 full ships by himself because the NC stayed in the back, and the Buffalo/Lightning came over to our side (for whatever reason) ignoring the 2 DDs in the middle.

Players
3,339 posts
16,096 battles

Well I'm going to put my head above the parapet and say this.

I don't know what co-op games you guys are playing, but practically every game that I play is a mass slaughter of the bots.

And it's certainly not because of any dazzling skills on my part .I'm mediocre almost to the point of contempt.:Smile_sad:

Games are over super quick and the "challenge" is to try to inflict as much damage to the bots in the short time available. Its a race against the other players on the human team.

DDs are king because of their alpha strike capability, but even then you only get the chance to fire one salvo of torps in many games.

Part of this is due to missions which encourage better players to drop into co-op (which is very sensible for them to do).

• Cool 5

Players
405 posts
4,900 battles

go into port.

hit armour view.

make everything but the cidadel see-through.

add the armour penetration aimpoint from WoT.

thats what the bots "see".

do not present them your ships tender sensitive places for easy penetration.

they are there to take advantage.

Players
2,881 posts
16,291 battles

4 hours ago, andy_196 said:

Issue is between the chair and the keyboard.

Bots can overwhelm one ship with focus fire if one doesnt have an exit strategy. Otherwise, they are incredibly predictable and easy to deal with.

Proof? Did Exeter 20 torp mission today in my Lightning, 4 games (one i dont remember):

1st game: I literally circle strafed a Krohnstadt and a Hood. Stayed at 1-3 km distance for 2 mins while my torps reloaded, without them giving me more than 1 volley + secondaries (used 2 smokes to extend my survival).

2nd game:  Yolo-rushed a Leander in open water (killed it with 2 torps) followed by a NC (used island to get inside 3 km) and killed that too

3rd game: started out by I yolo rushing a P.E. Friedrich in open water followed by an Edinburg (used islands to close to 3 km).

• Cool 3

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
9 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

True, i believe thats because Operations mostly dont offer anything for better players. So really bad players keep playing operations and its still too hard for them (kinda)... Most of the time its even easier to do an Operation with a group of 4, than with 6 random guys, which really shows how bad the playerbase actually is.

For me, Operations are already too easy, id like to have a hard mode for them finaly :Smile_sad: But as you pointed out correctly, i still need a team which is doing atleast basic stuff like shooting the right targets and go for objectives.

"For me, Operations are already too easy..."

hahaha,  dude show us a 5 stars win on this week Op. with an random team (!)

and I buy you a beer. Until then, I call your statement BS.

On this week Op., the bots are aggressive, never camp, have laser aim, always rushing with dd screen ahead, they accomplish with mathematical precision their objectives, prioritize & focus targets, avoid torps, and I must congrat the devs for the level of codding, now on some Op. - like this week one, Newport Naval Station, you must struggle hard to get an pathetic 1-2 stars win, if you are lucky and get at least 2-3 decent players.

Your idea of "too easy" Op. have nothing to do with the reality on the ground when it come to this week operation.

I feel grateful the Exter missions do not require an 5 star win on Newport Operation. I did all missions in 2 hours in co-op with no problems at all, drinking a beer; Like Gulvkluder here, the co-op bots are easy (too easy ...) pray, but their nephews on Newport Operation are totally another level.   

I watched dozen of times T3 bots paper cruisers killing T6 bb.s, because potatoes sail near them thinking the bots will not use torps...  cv.s have an hard time to kill bot bbs because they avoid torps better then some human players, and Izumo, on last stage, simply have an laugh at any T6 human controlled cv who dare to come closer then 7km...

Just wait for the day when the devs teach the bots to use the radar...

• Funny 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
6 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Well I'm going to put my head above the parapet and say this.

I don't know what co-op games you guys are playing, but practically every game that I play is a mass slaughter of the bots.

And it's certainly not because of any dazzling skills on my part .I'm mediocre almost to the point of contempt.:Smile_sad:

Games are over super quick and the "challenge" is to try to inflict as much damage to the bots in the short time available. Its a race against the other players on the human team.

DDs are king because of their alpha strike capability, but even then you only get the chance to fire one salvo of torps in many games.

Part of this is due to missions which encourage better players to drop into co-op (which is very sensible for them to do).

Try this week Op, if you want a challenge, ALONE... ( I mean, play alone with random teams,); You will see the improved AI at work. And suffer a bit :p

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
9 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Not all ops are created equal

I think the level of bots on Op are superior - better then in co-op. Better programming, I suppose.Anyway, some Op.s are a nice challenge, far better then co-op.

• Cool 2

Players
3,339 posts
16,096 battles
36 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

I think the level of bots on Op are superior - better then in co-op. Better programming, I suppose.Anyway, some Op.s are a nice challenge, far better then co-op.

You are probably correct - but I find Ops frustrating as Hell these days.

I spend 20 minutes with 6 other potatoes and get the same reward in a defeat as I can get in one coop game in 5-to-6 minutes.

"But you might win" I hear you say.

Very, very rarely these days. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,345 posts
25,561 battles
7 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I wonder if this is the reason why WG has run out of bots? AFAIK coop teams should be mirrored(might have missed some news), but they didn't seem to have certain ships anymore.
shot-19_03.16_22_03.31-0674.thumb.jpg.7f5639e906f43eab3b7ba33c6299901f.jpg

[BHSFL]
Players
3,414 posts

Bots shoot the nearest visible ship and are pretty accurate.

You should never be the nearest visible ship if there are multiple bots that can fire on you. It is not so different from randoms in that perspective.....

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,345 posts
25,561 battles
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Bots shoot the nearest visible ship and are pretty accurate.

You should never be the nearest visible ship if there are multiple bots that can fire on you. It is not so different from randoms in that perspective.....

Not always. Even today they shot over me when i was 5km from 3 of them. Seems more related to spotting order, but even that isnt always guaranteed.

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Lol, I remember some weeks ago, that Op. who have the convoy to protect, and spam a Missou at mid-game; I was in a Fiji, on left flank, at 16km of Missou, ( I was going after that nasty cv who if one do not kill him in first 3-4 minutes after he spam, he run out of the map) so, there I was, thinking I am in no danger, ship full HP, the rest of team 5 km ahead me, on mid map, all open targets, all at 11 km of Missou, then booom !

I got instant deleted !

Yep, the mf Missou bot , seconds after he spam, target me (  the most distant target ! ) and with a single salvo he deleted me !

I was full of rage atm, you can imagine...

Later, on the next days, I did watched other guys, on flanks, also on cruisers, getting deleted by the same bot, but not as far away like I was... Damn, very few players are able to hit a Fiji at 16km like that, and that bot do that on regular basis..

Believe me, I started to fear the bot, each time when he spam and I was on cruiser, no matter the distance, I was carefully to put a rock between me and him... 

And lets remember, bots are like sharks now  in Op.s, if you are hurt, if you are bleeding, ALL focus on you, ignoring bigger & easier targets closer and instead trying to finish killing you...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WTFNO]
Players
561 posts
9,660 battles
5 hours ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Yep, the mf Missou bot , seconds after he spam, target me (  the most distant target ! ) and with a single salvo he deleted me !

And lets remember, bots are like sharks now  in Op.s, if you are hurt, if you are bleeding, ALL focus on you, ignoring bigger & easier targets closer and instead trying to finish killing you...

Narai.

Yes, the Missouri can bring a nasty surprise to the cruiser that went to ambush the transports. We had the same yesterday, except he survived with 800hp or so :D

And yes again, bots do focus fire now, especially on low hp targets. On the bright side, it makes you learn to disengage and be more careful later.

Main problem is that it makes most Ops really messy with random teams, while still very easy with a full division.

We *need* the easy/hard modes.