You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sgtmarple

Hold on to your hats BB players - The DD Players have a new target

33 comments in this topic

Players
202 posts
1,005 battles

I've been watching several streams and been reading non english speaking forums and one thing DD players are now complaining about now is, that there is too much radar and that BBs can kill them from safe distance of 20km in  smoke. Another streamer argued that 16-17km  should be enough for BBs and in the german forum in a big thread, some DDs say that playing BBs is too risk free with so many Radar ships and the long range BBs have.

They have managed to nerf CVs fo easy sailing, now they are coming for your guns :cap_haloween: You'll see.

• Funny 5
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,861 posts
11,815 battles

I thought everything had been nerfed as it could damage the BBs......

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BABBY]
Players
675 posts
10,273 battles
4 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

BB rework next

After bb rework you will only be able to fire one gun per turret and rotate it 360' before you can fire another 😉

• Funny 5

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,868 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, BlackYeti sagte:

After bb rework you will only be able to fire one gun per turret and rotate it 360' before you can fire another 😉

So as to visualizing the reload period? Because people are scared of numbered reload counters? Great idea

[BABBY]
Players
675 posts
10,273 battles
6 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

So as to visualizing the reload period? Because people are scared of numbered reload counters? Great idea

I meant that if they make it as they made the CV where somehow only one plane may attack with each pass 😉 totally legit and makes no sense just as my suggestion

• Cool 3

Players
1,099 posts
11,502 battles
5 minutes ago, sgtmarple said:

I've been watching several streams and been reading non english speaking forums and one thing DD players are now complaining about now is, that there is too much radar and that BBs can kill them from safe distance of 20km in  smoke. Another streamer argued that 16-17km  should be enough for BBs and in the german forum in a big thread, some DDs say that playing BBs is too risk free with so many Radar ships and the long range BBs have.

While WG can easily listen to that whine, they have in the past. I at the same time would be real quiet, when I am in a DD what gets hit by a BB from 20.km away. Thats like deffinition of screwing up.

But at the same time. More time goes by, more-and-more you start do see players who are apparently always right. If they get killed its is either unfair, cheating or atleast somebodys else fault. Do not want do sound old, but newer generation have real lack of taking responsibility for his/her own actions. And it obviously also radiates into gaming. Allready and even more in the future, game-designers, while balancing, also have to go do great lenghts do keep those snowflakes (who never make mistakes and have 40% winrate only because game is unfair) happy.

• Cool 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts
12 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

How about when you aim and there are ready shells in the barrels it refuses to fire for another 1 second ?

That is what they did to T8+ rocket fighters.....making you unable to fire at your target after you come out of a tight turn.

But no i do not really wish for that...i play all ships, every nerf will hit me in game enjoyablilty.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts
13 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

A few people need their DDiapers changed. 

Well i agree when you face 2 CV in a DD the game can be very challenging, even when you do not rush to a cap in order to kill yourself in under a minute of match.

CV tend to be around untill end game, there is little you can do to avoid coming under attack but closely operate with cruisers. But that takes away the fun roaming around, and stalking preys  from stealth can have. In fact DD players are in reality much like WWI/early-mid WWII Submarine players, but they don't seem to recognise that. maybe they should in time switch classes, when options become avilable.

I don't see how BB are so dangerous to DD that nerfs are in order. Adding submarines is in fact a huge nerf to BB too, and gives DD an additional role, more usefull then rushing the cap getting themselves killed.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 hour ago, BlackYeti said:

That explains why the russian BBs get such ludicrous turret traverse then.

We're onto you, WG!

• Funny 5

Players
853 posts
907 battles
1 hour ago, mariouus said:

when I am in a DD what gets hit by a BB from 20.km away.

this can happen, probably not that often, but this can happen  (& puts a smile on that BBs face, I'm sure)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WES]
Beta Tester
49 posts
21 minutes ago, antean said:

this can happen, probably not that often, but this can happen  (& puts a smile on that BBs face, I'm sure)

every BB "salvo" has decoy shell cluster. dodge them and the singele stray shell with oneshot anti DD warhead will kill you :etc_red_button:

• Funny 2

[BODEM]
Players
749 posts
6,769 battles

As a fan of playing DDs (and frankly every other kind of ship, though that doesn't matter here) I got no problem with CVs, even if there are 2. I do have an issue with most cruisers in MM having radar. It's really not strange for DDs not to cap anymore because of it. It's a bit strange though for DDs to [edited] about BBs sniping them...

Players
5,976 posts
11,338 battles
2 hours ago, mariouus said:

While WG can easily listen to that whine, they have in the past. I at the same time would be real quiet, when I am in a DD what gets hit by a BB from 20.km away. Thats like deffinition of screwing up.

But at the same time. More time goes by, more-and-more you start do see players who are apparently always right. If they get killed its is either unfair, cheating or atleast somebodys else fault. Do not want do sound old, but newer generation have real lack of taking responsibility for his/her own actions. And it obviously also radiates into gaming. Allready and even more in the future, game-designers, while balancing, also have to go do great lenghts do keep those snowflakes (who never make mistakes and have 40% winrate only because game is unfair) happy.

Yes because if you're in a DD and are getting hit by a BB from 20km range, it's obvious that BB gun ranges need to get nerfed :Smile_great:

Players
1,099 posts
11,502 battles
1 hour ago, antean said:

Ofcourse it can, but it is not a fault of the game, it is fault of a player. If a DD players gets hit by a BB 20.km away, then that DD screwed-up and deserved it.

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,338 battles
28 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

As a fan of playing DDs (and frankly every other kind of ship, though that doesn't matter here) I got no problem with CVs, even if there are 2. I do have an issue with most cruisers in MM having radar. It's really not strange for DDs not to cap anymore because of it. It's a bit strange though for DDs to [edited] about BBs sniping them...

It's not a smart thing to do to go in yolo into a cap and start capping. You need to know where the enemy cruisers are first. And it's the same as a BB player needing to know where the enemy DDs are before starting a push and cruisers needing to know where the enemy BBs are before firing their guns.

And of course many BB players will fire their guns from maximum range is there is no other target they can shoot at. Better to do a couple potshots for 1k damage without any consequence then to not do anything at all. Especially at the beginning of a match I see this happen a lot when everyone is still moving into a position.

• Cool 1

Players
3,220 posts
1 hour ago, antean said:

There was me thinking that if you use the BB's spotter plane, found a DD led the shot and hoped for the best that would be classed as a skill, sadly one I don't have although it has worked on Cruisers and BB's before, and yes a cheeky little smile appears:Smile_playing:

• Funny 1

Players
853 posts
907 battles
1 hour ago, mariouus said:

Ofcourse it can, but it is not a fault of the game, it is fault of a player. If a DD players gets hit by a BB 20.km away, then that DD screwed-up and deserved it.

More like a lucky hit(s) at that range  :cap_like:

51 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

There was me thinking that if you use the BB's spotter plane, found a DD led the shot and hoped for the best that would be classed as a skill, sadly one I don't have although it has worked on Cruisers and BB's before, and yes a cheeky little smile appears:Smile_playing:

Repeat, more like a lucky hit(s) at that range  :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,783 posts
19,478 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

It's not a smart thing to do to go in yolo into a cap and start capping.

Well, there is your problem.