Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BrusilovX

Exeter's Last Stand. Part 3

62 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
159 posts
11,194 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I totally forgot Fiji had smoke.....had a fighter installed instead of it.

 

:cap_wander:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
412 posts
5,319 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, CptBarney said:

ew, id rather not use HE in my lizzy because its AP is so good most of the time (fat gunz), not sure what wargaming were smoking when they made that mission but then they did just nerf the furious for no reason :cap_book:

 Same with Warspite. Its a crime to use HE as AP demolishes anything

Although a secondary build yields a fair amount of fires

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RDE-]
Players
167 posts
16,322 battles

on a side note, i'm a bit gutted that we who get the exeter for free don't get a chance of doing the side mission for air crates.

 

 

mi.JPG

mi2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SQRL]
Players
280 posts
12,024 battles

I'd forgotten/didn't notice the Exeter missions until last Thursday - but playing in co-op they are incredibly easy if you've got a good variety of ships. 100k fire damage took me 3 (nearly 2) games in a duke of york. So i've caught up, and now waiting for stage 4. 

 

Weirdly enough the AI seems to dodge tops better than real players, but if you pick tier 5-7 DDs (just go with fastest reload) you can get away with just yoloing into a BB, get at least 6 hits, and if you're lucky do it again 1 minute later.

 

Obviously very difficult / bad practice in random, but co-op - easy peasy! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
12 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I'd forgotten/didn't notice the Exeter missions until last Thursday - but playing in co-op they are incredibly easy if you've got a good variety of ships. 100k fire damage took me 3 (nearly 2) games in a duke of york. So i've caught up, and now waiting for stage 4. 

 

Weirdly enough the AI seems to dodge tops better than real players, but if you pick tier 5-7 DDs (just go with fastest reload) you can get away with just yoloing into a BB, get at least 6 hits, and if you're lucky do it again 1 minute later.

 

Obviously very difficult / bad practice in random, but co-op - easy peasy! 

 

 

 

Fire turned out to be easy with the right ship(s), hitting 1000 x with main guns turned out to be easy with the right ship(s) but killing 15 seems tougher because in Coop others "steal" your kill all the time. I'm sure by friday it will be done without even trying and in normal random games but still....i want his over and play other ships.

 

I tried torping the bots for fast completion of the mission but fast cruisers are on my tail all the time, bagging "my" kills. If only they gave such "support" in randoms....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,445 posts
6,726 battles
1 hour ago, humpty_1 said:

on a side note, i'm a bit gutted that we who get the exeter for free don't get a chance of doing the side mission for air crates.

 

 

mi.JPG

mi2.JPG

Its almost like they did it deliberately so that those willing to pay got a little something extra...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SQRL]
Players
280 posts
12,024 battles
15 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Fire turned out to be easy with the right ship(s), hitting 1000 x with main guns turned out to be easy with the right ship(s) but killing 15 seems tougher because in Coop others "steal" your kill all the time.

 

 

Yeah can be tricky. Luckily i had a few games where my team played random (as in the game mode) tactics. i.e. flank, go for flags - whereas i went up the middle.  Did steal a few DD kills though have to admit!

 

It was a bit grindy, but playing aggressively - if you die after 3 mins, having taken down a ship or two - so much the better.

 

What worked for me - push as close to the DD as possible (normally straight ahead!), fire away until you've lost 1/3rd of your health - smoke up, try to kill the DD, fire off the torps to the cruiser, that is not far behind (in most cases) - then hunt the BBs that will be coming round an island - or just next on the bot lemming train. It's hard for a non DD to wipe out a lemming BB at the start - so they are the best target. 2/3 kills were fairly easy - but I did avoid high tier, which helps i think.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,758 posts
4,967 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 8:24 PM, BrusilovX said:

 

I'm doing that and apologizing at the start of the battle for doing so....  I have to wash my hands afterwards also.

 

I was getting citadels with HE on an Omaha - nose in as well......

Come on now...
image.png.5068697dd73670bd8a030a29130352d8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,237 posts
7,396 battles
Just now, Blixies said:

Come on now...
image.png.5068697dd73670bd8a030a29130352d8.png

I really prefer firing AP at ships as the damage is more permanent than HE.

 

I honestly hate the HE spam - I can understand  BBs and CAs that do it but I've had German BBs fire HE from distance when I've not been angled properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
412 posts
5,319 battles
On 3/15/2019 at 7:24 PM, BrusilovX said:

I was getting citadels with HE on an Omaha - nose in as well......

 

Fun innit?

Nelson does that on a few cruisers. You can almost hear the 'WTF?!?' even without Discord. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,237 posts
7,396 battles
14 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

 

Fun innit?

Nelson does that on a few cruisers. You can almost hear the 'WTF?!?' even without Discord. 

Or the 'report' key being pressed.......

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×