You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BrusilovX

Exeter's Last Stand. Part 3

62 comments in this topic

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,199 posts
7,053 battles

I think this is another example of a poorly thought out mission.

The first part of this Combat Mission is to cause 100,000 HP of damage by fire with UK DDs, Cruisers or Battleships using Tiers VI to VIII ships.

Given only the Belfast can fire HE as a cruiser that removes all the cruisers bar one which is no longer available in the shop.  The other UK cruiser that can fire HE is the Exeter but that's tier V.

We're also being encouraged to fire HE in BBs something that I will only do when the enemy ship is angled (or I've forgotten to switch shell type).

• Cool 7

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles

Just do it in Coop. And RN BB HE is really strong.

I dislike other missions much more. Atleast dealing fire damage is something i can influence myself (by shooting HE). I really got annoyed by getting defended ribbons (or captures) and i only get standard battle. That is so much fun! Even more fun was, that one DD actually got INTO our base (i was doing it in Coop btw). You know what happened? I detonated him :cap_haloween:

Spoiler

shot-19_03.15_12_57.23-0515.thumb.jpg.c63bafe4a06b44e6bc8de659e42e7a26.jpg

• Funny 3

Players
2,261 posts
245 battles

ew, id rather not use HE in my lizzy because its AP is so good most of the time (fat gunz), not sure what wargaming were smoking when they made that mission but then they did just nerf the furious for no reason :cap_book:

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,199 posts
7,053 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Just do it in Coop. And RN BB HE is really strong.

I'm doing that and apologizing at the start of the battle for doing so....  I have to wash my hands afterwards also.

I was getting citadels with HE on an Omaha - nose in as well......

[SM0KE]
Players
3,065 posts
7,531 battles

Not keen either - apologies in advance to everyone in Coop this evening who'll have to put up with me spamming HE for as long as it takes...

Shame it can't be done in Ops (as far as I know).

Players
816 posts
27 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

The first part of this Combat Mission is to cause 100,000 HP of damage by fire with UK DDs, Cruisers or Battleships using Tiers VI to VIII ships.

Just use the T7 King George BB. It burns things for fun. Although it does seems a bit of a slip up when no stock tech tree cruisers shoot HE shells.:Smile_Default:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,711 posts
16,313 battles
4 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Just use the T7 King George BB. It burns things for fun. Although it does seems a bit of a slip up when no stock tech tree cruisers shoot HE shells.:Smile_Default:

Not really ALL the mission can be done in Co-op/Ranked and Random. Its just a copy and paist for all missions..

Stage 4 has a mission that says it can be done in Co-op that's impossible (get 7 achievements) at least in this one the CA's secondaries can set a fire...

Players
949 posts
5,998 battles
5 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Stage 4 has a mission that says it can be done in Co-op that's impossible (get 7 achievements) 

Devastating strikes achievements are easy to obtain in coop

Players
1,680 posts
8,664 battles
46 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

We're also being encouraged to fire HE in BBs something that I will only do when the enemy ship is angled (or I've forgotten to switch shell type).

Nelson says Hi! as does KGV.

You could always take out an RN DD into Co-op and just shoot everything that moves until it's on fire. It's not as effective as taking out a BB but equally you don't have to worry about doofus teammates and their inability to do anything useful, you just shoot stuff. 

26 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Shame it can't be done in Ops (as far as I know).

That is a pest. Ops are a fun way of hitting these silly targets without spoiling everyone else's game.

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
2,476 posts
24,966 battles
11 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Devastating strikes achievements are easy to obtain in coop

How??? Please tell me more

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,199 posts
7,053 battles
5 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Nelson says Hi! as does KGV.

You could always take out an RN DD into Co-op and just shoot everything that moves until it's on fire. It's not as effective as taking out a BB but equally you don't have to worry about doofus teammates and their inability to do anything useful, you just shoot stuff. 

I have the DoY as well as the Nelson.  I like the Nelson's AP though.

I find in co-op DDs are not as much fun as the AI pushes so it's harder to keep the distance from them (and attracting for from the supporting cruisers - while our own cruisers are hiding or just not effective).

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
3 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Given only the Belfast can fire HE as a cruiser

Fiji. Secondary build. Surprisingly hilarious. That's all I can say about that

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
1,680 posts
8,664 battles
2 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

I find in co-op DDs are not as much fun as the AI pushes so it's harder to keep the distance from them (and attracting for from the supporting cruisers - while our own cruisers are hiding or just not effective).

It's not optimal, I agree, but you can always just torp the AI ships and then move on to the next.

I find myself getting Battleship angst with these missions - I want to brawl, get in close and shoot things with RN HE and secondaries, but QE and Warspite are slow and Tiers VII+ so cautious it rarely happens in Random games.

Players
1,071 posts
8,084 battles

I feel like the whole mission chain isn't even that hard, but it is quite boring. The missions are so specific, I find I'm just grinding coop and ignoring normal objectives to farm whatever it is I need.

Like shooting HE with the Vanguard into juicy broadsides from short range, to farm fire damage. I was praying there's no-one who recognized me in the game.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
17,829 posts
11,758 battles
3 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Mission is easy.

[BODEM]
Players
320 posts
5,124 battles

I'm doing this in the Lightning. Got an easy 23k fire in a couple of matches. And I don't mind playing HE BBs :) If I can better burn you up than AP you to death, I won't think twice to switch to HE shells ;) I love hearing other players scream "But BBs shouldn't fire HE shells" in a literal blaze for my glory while citing some random rule other people have though up because with the old BBs HE was crap compared to APing a perfect broadside. 

But seriously, HE on the Brits are so strong because their aim is bonkers, from Monarch up you couldn't hit a warehouse when you were docked beside it. If I do get to a 10km (or less) broadside I'll try to AP it if I got the time. Though a full boradside filled with HE is very sexy too :P

Players
1,680 posts
8,664 battles
8 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

If I can better burn you up than AP you to death, I won't think twice to switch to HE shells ;)

You've stolen my HE shells, you swine. 47% fire chance on my Nelson, precisely 0 (zero) fires in the last two games. it's as if Nelson's fire chance is dependent on the number of Nelsons in the game....

• Funny 1

[BODEM]
Players
320 posts
5,124 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

You've stolen my HE shells, you swine. 47% fire chance on my Nelson, precisely 0 (zero) fires in the last two games. it's as if Nelson's fire chance is dependent on the number of Nelsons in the game....

Lol, glad I'm not the only one with that problem. Sometimes I just think I'd better switch to AP because they set as much on fire as the HE shells do. After the battle I have to make sure they didn't stealthnerf the fire chance on the RN BB HE shells. 

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

With Nelson alternating Duke of York, King George V and Hood it was over reasonably soon.

But i had to select randoms, as the bots get killed too quick to be on fire long enough. In randoms enemies last longer, if you single out a BB and set it on fire over and over a gain you get long running fires.

It does not make for the smartest play in randoms BB spamiing HE, as AP would be much more damaging...but hey...missions. Must continue to fire HE - win or lose - untill mission is done.

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
5,460 posts
11,647 battles
4 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Given only the Belfast can fire HE as a cruiser that removes all the cruisers bar one which is no longer available in the shop.

Wrong. All secondaries of the RN cruisers fire HE.

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

[RDW]
Players
1 post
1,602 battles
7 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Given only the Belfast can fire HE as a cruiser that removes all the cruisers bar one which is no longer available in the shop.  The other UK cruiser that can fire HE is the Exeter but that's tier V.

Have to agree. Hadn't previously been working the British line but seeing British Tier VI was needed I've burnt a lot of time and XP crunching the cruiser line the past week. Just got to Leander and it's not capable of completing the mission. So at the very least poor advance communication from wargaming. A big let down

Players
60 posts

Lightning and Cossack in coop. Easy to farm fire damage. C`mon...

It is not a mission (3-1) for british cruisers, thats for sure, only if you want to go nuts.

I for one like this kind of missions. It makes the grind less boring and gives the player a purpose.

And... earning a "free" pixel ship  feels better, isnt it? Just my point of view.

For part 4-1, i guess Nelson (superheal might be usefull for fireproof or unsinkable) or dd`s (first blood, devastating strike, just a flesh wound, even detonation xD)

• Cool 2