Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrPiggi

Do we keep Early Access XP?

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
27 posts
2,687 battles

As title asks, do we keep the early access XP we attain on the Hermes/Furious/Inplacable? Or do we lose it once early access is over/the ship tree gets fully released and we start with 0

[H_FAN]
Players
2,568 posts
40,852 battles
25 minutes ago, MrPiggi said:

As title asks, do we keep the early access XP we attain on the Hermes/Furious/Inplacable? Or do we lose it once early access is over/the ship tree gets fully released and we start with 0

RNDDs /French BBs yes we kept them

Beta Tester
27 posts
2,687 battles

Thank you for answering!

The reason I ask is because of the wording for this:

666f4a2db6373c7ca2e16e34ac5dc071.png

The last bullet point semi-suggests to me that the XP gained is useful *only* for converting into free XP, as there's no mention of keeping the XP outright.

But if previous times we kept them, then everything suggests we will keep them again - thanks for the reassurance :D

[CATS]
Players
26,199 posts
14,119 battles
2 minutes ago, MrPiggi said:

Thank you for answering!

The last bullet point semi-suggests to me that the XP gained is useful *only* for converting into free XP, as there's no mention of keeping the XP outright.

But if previous times we kept them, then everything suggests we will keep them again - thanks for the reassurance :D

The sentence does not include the word "only", but the word "can". It means that this is an option.

Beta Tester
27 posts
2,687 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The sentence does not include the word "only", but the word "can". It means that this is an option.

Hence why I said semi-suggests. Because its the only sentence talking about XP.

[CATS]
Players
26,199 posts
14,119 battles

There is no such thing as a "semi-suggestion", but there is a thing called imagination. Do not read something into a sentence that is not there.

Beta Tester
27 posts
2,687 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

There is no such thing as a "semi-suggestion", but there is a thing called imagination. Do not read something into a sentence that is not there.

Well, there is. Words can suggest many things with and without explicitly outlining the required words, that is what language is about. But you can keep being an entitled invalid all you want. Now piss off you old cow and do something productive.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,199 posts
14,119 battles
3 minutes ago, MrPiggi said:

Well, there is. Words can suggest many things with and without explicitly outlining the required words, that is what language is about. But you can keep being an entitled invalid all you want. Now piss off you old cow and do something productive.

Is that another "semi-suggestion"? :Smile_veryhappy:

[BODEM]
Players
749 posts
6,761 battles
6 hours ago, MrPiggi said:

Thank you for answering!

Thx for noticing this. So if I play the Furious until it gets made into a standard tier ship, I am making a 100% free XP with it, if I decide to scrap it later and start over. Good to know. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,775 battles
7 hours ago, MrPiggi said:

Thank you for answering!

This is just a standard line that applies to all elite and premium ships (ships that are fully researched). Since early access ships don't have any researchable modules AND can't be used to research the next ship in line (as there's no line yet), they also count towards your eligible-for-conversion XP.

46 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

Thx for noticing this. So if I play the Furious until it gets made into a standard tier ship, I am making a 100% free XP with it, if I decide to scrap it later and start over. Good to know. 

What? No. It's not that. It's just that the XP "bound" to this ship - since there's nothing to research on her - can be converted to freeXP for doublons.

[BODEM]
Players
749 posts
6,761 battles
8 minutes ago, eliastion said:

This is just a standard line that applies to all elite and premium ships (ships that are fully researched). Since early access ships don't have any researchable modules AND can't be used to research the next ship in line (as there's no line yet), they also count towards your eligible-for-conversion XP.

What? No. It's not that. It's just that the XP "bound" to this ship - since there's nothing to research on her - can be converted to freeXP for doublons.

Ah, like that. I hate that WG isn't forthcoming and clear with that bit of info. You have to look it up or be confronted with it when you naively want to indeed convert the elite xp to free xp. I'd have a way more positive look at the whole "elite xp + dubloons = free xp" mechanic when it was just properly explained everywhere instead of being all this secret about it. Ah, well.

[JRM]
Players
6,298 posts
24,191 battles

Why wouldnt you keep it? It stays where you earned it

Sign in to follow this