You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

Newport Station Operation - flooded with potatoes

135 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

If last time (before 0.8. patch) my struggle was gaining 5 stars ,  now I am simply astonished by the constant and high influx of really bad players, with no clue at all about objectives

( racing ahead then get caught by instant-spammed fleets of aggressive bots, or simply get killed right on start by T3 bots, or letting the first wave penetrating the perimeter then ending the game in next 5 min by that crazy full assault of all bots rushing full speed from al directions, etc) ;

Its no consolation at all for me ending always top score on team if all I get its loss after loss, getting an pathetic 1 * or 2 * once in 10 games, as "last survivor".....

What happen guys, are no more decent players in Operations ?

I am getting real frustrated here... I am now at the end of an (very ..) depressing, shameful  chain of 9 defeats and only an pathetic win... getting smashed so bad by bots so humiliating....

No matter what I do, how many ships I kill, or points I score, I end-up last one alive cleaning a flank only to see other flank destroyed and bots rushing the base and deleting there all...

Any advices ? ...

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.03.14 - 22.26.00.12.png

997161324_Nameingshaming1.png.d62d164a4c7d8a61d9bc8b4ad251e3cd.png

826949708_nameingshaming2.png.3e8e00e8d33e4f974e9505747d3273e3.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.03.15 - 15.30.50.79.png

Edited by CptMinia
Naming and shaming
  • Boring 1

Players
387 posts

Idk... going to try Newport later today. But i can empathize /w you on some player's attitude regarding team play... just got karma -1 by an Anshan after asking why he left an objective we were in 1.2 s before capping. The reply i got was "Because I don't care, you *****". Team play wise I quickly learned not to expect much between Friday around noon and Sunday after 2300h ;-> 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wishing you better luck next time. Good hunting.

• Cool 2

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Thks, mate, got another defeat, again last one standing, half of team right from start hide on repair zone and there they camp, until the bots rushed them from all directions and delete them... indeed peoples enter operations with no intention to gain or follow any objective... I got now 11 defeats and only an win, an pathetic 1 star ...

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,611 posts
13,603 battles

A) Try with a platoon. Focus fire on the key targets, like those DDs that rush the base zone - people never seem to shoot those in my games. 

OR

B) Resign yourself to the fact that the Potatoes had their chance. As you pointed out, they failed time and time again. 

I, for one, welcome our new bot overlords!

And you should too!

(Choosing one of these options locks out an alternative ending. It is recommended that you save your game before continuing) 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,516 posts

Yesterday i lost almost all of Newport Ops  except for 1 that had such a good team that made achieving a 5 star look like a walk in the park, and another one where i fought alone for minutes in that shitty De Grasse tub - the fact this Ops gives heals kept me alive - and actually won by torpedoing the last ships in desperation. Note the amount of secondary battery hits, that heated was the fight against ovewhelming odds, and De Grasse is no Battleship....

Since it comes down to waves of bots i guess it is all about marksmanship and positioning. If all players know what to do it is easy. If there are 2/3 clueless players you have hell to play, and probably lose.

WG64.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

Players
387 posts
4 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

after one more loss, I got this: anyone can be kind and explain me what it is ? The legend on "achievements" its not clear enough for me...

Its first time for me to get this...

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Achievements   ...

Icon_achievement_PVE_HON_FRAG_WAY.png "Any port in a storm." Can be obtained only once. Destroy enemy ships by at least 4 different means.

So i guess you destroyed ships in operations by any four or all of these: main or secondary battery hit, fire, flooding, torpedo hit, ramming?

• Cool 2

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

ouch i feel you. last week's aegis was more enjoyable for sure. last newport cycle i remember it being pretty bad. im going to go on later maybe. but not in a hurry because today my goal is mostly to clear as much of the exeter mission parts as i can

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

i did have the idea of maybe setting up divisions with fellow forumnites to tackle ops together. anyone interested in that?

[BHSFL]
Players
3,516 posts
7 minutes ago, EmilyKing said:

ouch i feel you. last week's aegis was more enjoyable for sure. last newport cycle i remember it being pretty bad. im going to go on later maybe. but not in a hurry because today my goal is mostly to clear as much of the exeter mission parts as i can

Me too......why does WG not allow to do operations to for the mission objectives ? Coop bots sink too fast and are too few, randoms have players with beefed up fire prevention and repair parties. Operations would be perfect.

• Cool 2

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

haha because..... it's meant to be a chore to get a free premium ship.

at least it's doable in coop mostly. imagine if WG insisted you had to do it in pvp only :fish_nerv:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,863 posts
11,915 battles

The names of the potatoes in the team list can be read easily.  Why did you obscure the clan but leave the player's name in view?

It's considered 'naming and shaming' and is against the forum rules.

Edited: As others have said with this - the teams are random and don't expect them to 'do what is right' in the scenario.  It's like randoms but worse because there are specific objective that more often than not require team work.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,215 posts
8,515 battles

Hiya,

Removed the names of those in the screenshots. Please do not name and shame.

Regards,

CptMinia

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

ok i see what you mean about the people doing the ops

im not sure how i managed to outscore 2 cruisers on my team despite being really quite bad with CVs

our nurn was a godsend though. last part of the battle with 3 BBs including the izumo closing in and my planes being chewed up by it, he calmly sets all 3 on fire and burns them down

unknown.png

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Yeah, true, if Izume gets at 7-8km near ur cv, no planes survive longer then seconds; Hell, my Furios lost 3 squads, one after one, in less then a minute, before making full formation when an roque Izumo close near..

Having a bunch of T7 and the devil itself at T9 fighting 2-3 damaged T6 its make the bots team very competitive... congrats to WG to code the bots more skilled then many players on this op, and I really mean-it !

Getting an 5 stars here now feel like an New Year party... 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
280 posts

Ah, operation Newport.

This can be frustrating if the others on the team has no idea what to do and just derps around like a normal co-op match. 

Understanding the op is important, and when I first tried it back when it still had AI CV's I was totally lost on what to do. Then I watched a Jingles video with him and some others playing it, and a light went on. The way Jingles explained it helped me a great deal, so did some other YT vids.

The op has changed a bit since then, but not by that much. The one thing that is a problem is that DD's are not that good in this op, unless you happen to be a good DD player knowing the class. Another problem is the AI having seemingly modern day radar and laser like guns, and the ability to avoid torps like unicums.

So knowing what ships to focus on is key here, and also team composition, wich let's face it, is neither here nor there in pick up groups. You need some BB's and cruisers and the odd DD or CV, if they know how to play said class...

Had a CV that was utterly useless on my team, just kept flying the planes and missing the targets completely... And he/she was the first to die, since he/she after a while charged the enemy. Afte he/she died, he/she said it was his/hers 4th time playing a CV, and thought an op would be a good training ground... Why he/she thought this would be a good idea, I will never know... 

Yes, there are some players like that out there, and some that are just bumbeling around enjoying the scenery it feels like...

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,516 posts

Secondary batteries  do not do heavy damage but they do kill damaged ( because unarmoured ) DD over and over again, as they are supposed to.....that Shiratsuyu died of seconday battery fire, that York by my secondary fire and that of a Dunkerque that could win the match after my CV finally exploded after Izumo was next to me.

That Izumo has some nasty AA on it ( just like fighting CQC CV to CV ) in close quarters combat i was unable to lauch aircraft without them being shot down before even leaving the deck. While you can sink enemy CV with secondary fire, a high tier battleship is too much.....but it did help.

WG70.jpg

WG71.jpg

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

ooooooof. hard carried the team for not a lot of reward

at the same time i know i did well and that's pretty satisfying on its own.

unknown.png

unknown.png

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

aaaaaaand another hard carry for a 2 star this time 

actually i dont know about you... but i dont feel aggrieved not getting 5 stars. if anything there's a huge sense of satisfaction knowing i pulled victory from the jaws of defeat. we'd lost 2 cruisers b4 wave 3 even hit. i'd say cruisers with torps are really a must for these. you can see my dallas vs galissonniere stats. we got 1 star in dallas round because i couldnt punch through the izumo's armour and had to try to slowly burn him down(failed to) while with the LG i torped him as he came around the island and sank him

unknown.png

unknown.png

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,392 posts
8,043 battles

Did it most of the time even with 5*. Only once failed.