You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FukushuNL

Your favorite DD: Tier for tier

90 comments in this topic

[BODEM]
Players
740 posts
6,729 battles

Played my Lightning again today because of the Exeter missions where I have to set fires in a T6/8 and just couldn't believe how good this DD is. Got Daring for a while now, but playing Lightning again, for me it must be the ultimate DD. 

Now I first wanted to ask what other people think of this particular DD, but it would probably be more fun and interesting to ask what DD you love most in the game, looking at it tier for tier. 

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,420 posts
13,339 battles

Haida would be a strong candidate for me, not because the she's the best (although she is pretty decent), but because she's one of the most interesting to play.

And you get secondaries, which is entertainingly ridiculous!

Feeling quite well-disposed towards Z-39 at the moment too, after coming second (I think) in a T9 battle with her yesterday evening...

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

2: Smith, because nonsensical 11s torp reload yo!

3: Derpski, because you can never have too many torp launchers

4: tough - Shenyang for raw power, Clem is always amusing, Isokaze for old times' sake (when it was still good, basically...)

5: Okhotnik just for the lolz. Kamikaze ain't bad tho.

6: T-61 is balancedtm

7: Eh... not much memorable here - Blyska used to be really good...

T8: Lightning, Kiev, Lo Yang, Kidd, good ol' Benson - toooo maaaaany chooooices!

T9: Fletcher or Udaloi. Those two would have to have a deathmatch for my heart... and I have no idea which I'd want to win.

T10: Grozovoi all day every day (at least for Clan Battles).

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,752 posts
26,569 battles

There are some close calls but if I have to choose only one per tier then:

T2 - Tachibana

T3 - Derzki

T4 - Clemson

T5 - Kami

T6 - Faraggut

T7 - Jervis

T8 - Cossack

T9 - Kitakaze

T10 - Not played lot of them, except YY in ranked. I loved but now is just shadow of its former self so ... Daring maybe?

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,960 battles

Dunno if I can pick any single favourite on any tier, it depends on what I feel up to.

Below T5: probably ze germans (those forward firing torp tubes), although the Clemson is fun as well.

T5: I'd say Minekaze. Fun little torp boat for its tier. Podvoisky seems entertaining, but haven't played it enough to figure out if I really like it yet.

T6: I enjoyed my time in the Gaede, so probably that one. Gallant is nice as well.

T7: I don't know if any of them are real favourites. Maass was pretty good. Neither Shiratsuyu nor Akatsuki are terribly exciting. Haida's nice, but I have very mixed performance in her.

T8: I feel Z23 is interesting, quite challenging but good when I get her to work. Lightning and Cossack tend to give me better results, though. And of course there's Asashio for the troll factor :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

Lightning is a decent and fun DD but won't have a chance in the contest of the top spot for Tier 8 as that spot is reserved for a certain other DD with her cute camo. :etc_hide_turtle:

But here is my List Tier for Tier:

Tier I: N/A

Tier II: Hands down V-25 for that Torpedojousting

Tier III: Blood sucking Vampire

Tier IV: Evil statpadder Clemson

Tier V: Fujin - I don't think I need to comment on this other that I am envious of the beautiful Fire and Ice camo of Kamikaze R....

Tier VI: Shinonome because she isn't as broken as T-61 i guess

Tier VII: Haida because dat moving smoke and concealment that even Tier VIII DDs with concealment mod would be proud of.

Tier VIII: see in the spoiler below because I don't want to spoiler when I gave such a teaser above. :Smile_hiding:

Tier IX: USS Black - dat smoke + Radar and on a Fletcher no less what is there not to love?

Tier X: Z-52 That choice was hard as Tier X is balanced very decently (except shima i guess :Smile_smile:) But Z-52 wins over Harugomo and the others because she carried me though Tier X Ranked with dem Hydro.

And the grand winner for Tier VIII is......:

Spoiler

2e4efb6c-fae6-11e7-b45c-d89d6715223c_120

meow :3 :cat_paw:

That camo is glorious and one of the two only permanent camos I bought using real money for. (the other is the Canada one on Haida)

Also that ship is as every premiumship should be, versatile and interesting to play. She offer not only one but three modes of different gameplay! :Smile_great:

.... Jeah I know lots of Premiums in that list... :Smile_hiding:

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
43 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

Played my Lightning again today because of the Exeter missions where I have to set fires in a T6/8 and just couldn't believe how good this DD is. Got Daring for a while now, but playing Lightning again, for me it must be the ultimate DD. 

Now I first wanted to ask what other people think of this particular DD, but it would probably be more fun and interesting to ask what DD you love most in the game, looking at it tier for tier. 

I like Lightning best of the British DD's.

I have Cossack and Jutland but they seem much harder work.

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
740 posts
6,729 battles
26 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Haida would be a strong candidate for me, not because the she's the best (although she is pretty decent), but because she's one of the most interesting to play.

And you get secondaries, which is entertainingly ridiculous!

Feeling quite well-disposed towards Z-39 at the moment too, after coming second (I think) in a T9 battle with her yesterday evening...

Secundaries on a DD xD What range?

20 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

2: Smith, because nonsensical 11s torp reload yo!

3: Derpski, because you can never have too many torp launchers

4: tough - Shenyang for raw power, Clem is always amusing, Isokaze for old times' sake (when it was still good, basically...)

5: Okhotnik just for the lolz. Kamikaze ain't bad tho.

6: T-61 is balancedtm

T8: Lightning, Kiev, Lo Yang, Kidd, good ol' Benson - toooo maaaaany chooooices!

T9: Fletcher or Udaloi. Those two would have to have a deathmatch for my heart... and I have no idea which I'd want to win.

T10: Grozovoi all day every day (at least for Clan Battles).

Derski is a right laugh with that mount of torps xD Got her in my port too permanently :)

Groz is a lovable DD?

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
2 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

four friggin kilometers mate. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[SHAD]
Players
2,467 posts
11,026 battles

4 I preferred Shenyang

5 Kamikaze is a beast.

6 T61 

7 Leningrad is great because you can run and gun or stealth torp.

8 I like Cossack

Players
4,441 posts
7,600 battles
33 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

The pride of the Royal Navy and highlight of the entire RN DD line, HMS Nonpareil AKA Gadjah Mada.

Players
853 posts
907 battles

Here in EU, I don't have many tiers of DDs nor do I have enough higher tier DDs on my NA account to be knowledgeable to have 'true' favourites.

With these caveats, I do have some favourites (some 'keepers') ;

T2) The V-25 (here & in NA) (it's just so much 'fun' to run & torp & even gun a bit, lol)

T3) The 'Derzki' (in NA) (see post #3 above)

T4) The Clemson (here & in NA) (see post #6 above)

T5) The Minekaze (in NA) (though it is not like it used to be)

T6) The Gnevny (in NA) (run & gun or is that gun & run?)

Players
248 posts
4,052 battles
18 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

And the grand winner for Tier VIII is......:

Hide contents

2e4efb6c-fae6-11e7-b45c-d89d6715223c_120

:cat_paw:

I am being a bit dense here but what DD is that?

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,960 battles
Just now, DiggerPH said:

I am being a bit dense here but what DD is that?

HSF Harekaze. Premium DD that was released as part of the High School Fleet cooperation. It's a bit weird in that it has three hull options that drastically change her play style, and it irritates the hell out of me that they didn't put her on sale for one last time before the cooperation ended.

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
9 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

that just reminded me of something I saw years ago...

Spoiler

pjZIrPB.jpg

10 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

Groz is a lovable DD?

as I said, fantastic for Clan Battles - such a mean bully with its sheer firepower and HP pool...

6 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

The pride of the Royal Navy and highlight of the entire RN DD line, HMS Nonpareil AKA Gadjah Mada.

somehow, that thing was an utter disappointment for me. Probably because I looked at it, thought "everything about this ship looks absolutely monstrous" - and then it never delievered anything above decent...

[BODEM]
Players
740 posts
6,729 battles
6 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

four friggin kilometers mate. :Smile_teethhappy:

:O Seriously? :O

6 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Heard a lot of that DD, am now at Fushun. 

6 minutes ago, antean said:

Here in EU, I don't have many tiers of DDs nor do I have enough higher tier DDs on my NA account to be knowledgeable to have 'true' favourites.

With these caveats, I do have some favourites (some 'keepers') ;

T2) The V-25 (here & in NA) (it's just so much 'fun' to run & torp & even gun a bit, lol)

T3) The 'Derzki' (in NA) (see post #3 above)

T4) The Clemson (here & in NA) (see post #6 above)

T5) The Minekaze (in NA) (though it is not like it used to be)

T6) The Gnevny (in NA) (run & gun or is that gun & run?)

I find it such a shame the German line is losing the frontmounted tubes :/

[BODEM]
Players
740 posts
6,729 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

that just reminded me of something I saw years ago...

Hide contents

pjZIrPB.jpg

as I said, fantastic for Clan Battles - such a mean bully with its sheer firepower and HP pool...

somehow, that thing was an utter disappointment for me. Probably because I looked at it, thought "everything about this ship looks absolutely monstrous" - and then it never delievered anything above decent...

I love that screenshot xD Best achievement ever xD

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,973 posts
7,324 battles

I'm not playing a lot of lower tier. Fof the lulz factor I'd say Iwaki Alpha best tier 4 DD. Even though it's a cruiser.

Tier 5 would go for Okhotnik.

6 is a hard choice. All DD are pretty similar. Shinonome since IJN gun buff is a pretty mean bugger tho.

Tier 7 I would go for Akatsuki. Easy to play and easy to perform in.

Tier 8 Harekaze obviously. It's a very great ship. Lightning and Lo Yang comes close behind.

Tier 9 would go for Jutland or Kitakaze.

Tier 10... I don't really know. I loved YueYang before it got the nerfbat. I have high hopes on Daring. I don't like both Khebab and Harugumo.

Players
853 posts
907 battles
21 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

I find it such a shame the German line is losing the frontmounted tubes :/

Nooooooooooooo! Ahhhhhhhhhh ……… my beloved V-25? Nooooooooooooo. Please, …….. (this is 'fake' news ….. isn't it?) Does WG have to take the fun out of 'everything'?

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
501 posts
16,934 battles

2. Smith, just for the ridiculous reload

3. Derzki, fast and furious

4. Isokaze, silent sneaky bastard.

5. Okhotnik, just pure evil in ambushes with all the torps. (played 1000 games in kamikaze and old minekaze, love them but they don't make me laugh out loud.)

6. T-61, such a bully

7. Shiratsuyu, 16 torps in under 10 seconds, smoke is for pussies.

8. Kagero, see above but with 5.4 k conceal. my BAE, my waifu.

9. Kitakaze, DAKA DAKA DAKA, taste the rainbow!

10. Minotaur ;)

As for OP's pick, Lighning is such a fun boat, nonstop finger dacing on the keyboard it'd be my second pick but Kagero, I can't cheat on my Kagero.

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,960 battles
2 minutes ago, antean said:

Nooooooooooooo! Ahhhhhhhhhh ……… my beloved V-25? Nooooooooooooo. Please, …….. (this is 'fake' news ….. isn't it?) Does WG have to take the fun out of 'everything'?

I think they just meant that the german DDs lose them as you go past T5, there's been nothing on the dev blog about changing the german DD line.

Players
6,760 posts
245 battles

T2 - none (dont really mind which one too be honest)

T3 - V-160

T4 - Isokaze

T5 - Havent played enoug yet

T6 - Gaede

T7 - Maaaaaass

T8 - none

T9 - none

T10 - none

Players
853 posts
907 battles
2 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I think they just meant that the german DDs lose them as you go past T5, there's been nothing on the dev blog about changing the german DD line.

OK, whew, thanks …… so that was 'fake news' (wipes sweat off his brow)

[-TPF-]
Players
3,824 posts
15,728 battles

II - Medea. Stealth torp at Tier II. Lol. 

III - Vampire

IV - Wakeful

V - Giulio Cesare

VI - tough choice. Monaghan. Or Icarus. Or Fubuki. 

VIi - Haida or Blyskawica

VIII - I would love them to fix Le Terrible, she is such a cool bote