You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronin_Cahill

When is Tier 8 NOT going to be tossed in with Tier 10

20 comments in this topic

[_CHN_]
Players
27 posts

So if I play my tier 10 ships, a match with other tier 10 ships is fine as the ships seems to be able to handle the others in terms of hp, dps, speed etc. I tend to score in the middle of the pack on average. occasionally top 5. but when I get into a tier 8 ship and it tosses me into a match with tier 10s I get hammered badly and score at the bottom constantly. This happens no matter the ship. Before all you fan boys tell me to get good, save your breath, as I have spent time in the training room with frineds pitting my t 8s vs their t 10s and I loose constantly. when I pull up my t 10 its 50/50 win/loss. a couple frineds who have played over 4500 matches told me flat out that a tier 8 cannot on average compete at tier 10 (with odd exceptions) and told me for the time being to not play my tier 8's until WOWS changes how they are matched up. They do not play thiers for the same reasons, its giving yourself a severe handicap. Now if I do get lucky and get a t7 t 8 match and the field is fair, I score my usual middle of the road with odd top performances. 

On another note when I drop with a tier 8 and get a tier 10 match I get on average 2 players insulting me from the get go that I ruined their game experience (they use colorful language) with my tier 8 and to uninstall the game. so if I am making others mad just by choosing my tier 8, why would WOWS keep it how it is. I dis like it cause I get slaughtered, others hate it cause it handicaps their match..no one really likes it.

so in essence I would like to strongly encourage WOWS to place tier 8 into a Matchmaking cue that does not slap them with tier 10s

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
5,399 posts
6,792 battles
1 minute ago, gopher31 said:

When we regularly have 50000 player on at any one time.

Id rather say: If more people would play something else than T10. But we get more people playing T10 all the time, T9s are played much less, so the empty spots get filled by T8s.

Its literally impossible to fix the MM with the people playing certain tiers more, and others less.

@Ronin_Cahill

Your training rooms are inheritly flawed: There you play 1v1. Ofc a T10 play with similiar skill will basicly guaranteed win this fight. But randoms are not 1v1. If you go into a 1v1 with the worse ship, then you can win the fight by being more skilled. Ive beaten T10 ships 1v1 with my T8s, but more often than not, you should avoid this. Try to support your higher tier ships.

Or how about: you try taking a T6 ships vs a T8 ship in training room. You think the T6 ship will have ANY chance? T8 vs T10 BB can just sit bow on and tank each other (unless its a Yamato) But take a New Mex vs a Bismarck - Bismarck will shred the New Mex so hard its not funny.

T6 vs T8 and T7 vs T9 is MUCH worse than T8 vs T10. Because different modules (concealment module f.e.) and overmatch mechanics (T6 BBs get overmatched, while T8 BBs not).

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,588 posts
3,520 battles

At about the same time tier 6's will stop being tossed in with tier 8's, ie never.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
751 posts
4,395 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

At about the same time tier 6's will stop being tossed in with tier 8's, ie never.

yeah T6 vs t8 is much worse than T8's v T10's imo 

[NWP]
Players
1,584 posts
10,610 battles
Just now, Linkaex said:

It's magic how T8's magically never complain about poor T6's when THEY are top tier :fish_book:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,588 posts
3,520 battles
21 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

My feelings exactly. And they get it at least as often as the tier 8's due to the bs protected mm of tiers 2-4.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
1 hour ago, Ronin_Cahill said:

Before all you fan boys tell me to get good, save your breath, as I have spent time in the training room with frineds pitting my t 8s vs their t 10s and I loose constantly.

In a 1v1 you should lose. However this is a 12v12 team game. Quite significant difference right there

a couple frineds who have played over 4500 matches told me flat out that a tier 8 cannot on average compete at tier 10 (with odd exceptions) and told me for the time being to not play my tier 8's until WOWS changes how they are matched up.

Number of battles rarely is indicator of actually knowing something or not.

Most 8s do perfectly fine in t10 games.

BBs have the same armour profile and generally the same or similar guns (at least caliber wise - 10s may have "better" amo), just that they have less HP

DDs at mostly t8 seem to be stealthier than at t10, so you can make up for your lack of firepower by being better suited to avoid the enemy & having that advanced warning of him approaching

Cruisers don't really care what tier it is, if you're about to be nuked it's just as likely to happen in a t10 as a t8 ship. Hell, being generally smaller could actually be seen as a survivability boost. Again - armour profiles and guns are already mostly finalized, just that your HP is a bit lower.

Afaik CVs are screwed, but as the rework's still ongoing there's not much to be said here.

I was recording MM for over a year from my games before my HDD died and I lost everything because hey, backing stuff up is for noobs :fish_palm:

The t8 MM I had over that time - from at least 300 battles played, probably far more (honestly don't remember the number, but I do play 8s a lot) was around 54% t10 games, 20-ish % t9 games and 26-ish% t8 games.

While that's pretty damn bad (the only one arguably worse was t5) it's nowhere near as bad as "everyone" makes it out to be

t8s in t10 games are fine. Constantly being in t10 games for a more than enough battles in a row / almost in a row is where the problem lies

[_CHN_]
Players
27 posts

why do we need 10v 10, I have had some great 4 v4 3v3 matches at lower tiers. they are fun as heck. I would also be fine waiting a few more min for a match that is fair, so just give us an option to maintain same tier only or a have a +/- 1 tier option. With the understanding it may take longer for a match or matches would be potentially less vs less numerically. at this point in protest to t8 being in t 10 I just drop link and head back to port as I refuse to be put into a scenario where a 6 year old has to box mike Tyson full contact. Only a Russian can think that is a good time :)...ima wimpy Canadian. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[TSSU]
Players
84 posts
3,747 battles

So if I play my tier 10 ships, a match with other tier 10 ships is fine as the ships seems to be able to handle the others in terms of hp, dps, speed etc. I tend to score in the middle of the pack on average. occasionally top 5. but when I get into a tier 8 ship and it tosses me into a match with tier 10s I get hammered badly and score at the bottom constantly. This happens no matter the ship. Before all you fan boys tell me to get good, save your breath, as I have spent time in the training room with frineds pitting my t 8s vs their t 10s and I loose constantly. when I pull up my t 10 its 50/50 win/loss. a couple frineds who have played over 4500 matches told me flat out that a tier 8 cannot on average compete at tier 10 (with odd exceptions) and told me for the time being to not play my tier 8's until WOWS changes how they are matched up. They do not play thiers for the same reasons, its giving yourself a severe handicap. Now if I do get lucky and get a t7 t 8 match and the field is fair, I score my usual middle of the road with odd top performances. 

On another note when I drop with a tier 8 and get a tier 10 match I get on average 2 players insulting me from the get go that I ruined their game experience (they use colorful language) with my tier 8 and to uninstall the game. so if I am making others mad just by choosing my tier 8, why would WOWS keep it how it is. I dis like it cause I get slaughtered, others hate it cause it handicaps their match..no one really likes it.

so in essence I would like to strongly encourage WOWS to place tier 8 into a Matchmaking cue that does not slap them with tier 10s

The issue isn't being in T10 matches while in a T8 - I mean, I've come top in those matches before. It's not impossible; it's improbable, but certainly not impossible. 

The problem I find with T8* now is that, on average, it seems 80% of my matches are T10 (based on 3 nights of about 5 games a night, so hardly rigorous example). Only 1 of those was a T6 match. So it's not being in T10 per se, it's the frequency of it occurring, and the realisation  of "well, why play T8 then?". 

I like a challenge, but if I know it's going to be a T10 match, why play the T8. So I find myself stopping playing it now (unless it is necessary for grind up the ladder of course!). If it were more random, so 25% bottom tier, 25% top tier, and 50% in between, I'd continue playing it. 

* Should add, this is exclusively playing Bismark. I also have the GK, so while I used to alternate, now I'll just do GK.

[NWP]
Players
5,399 posts
6,792 battles
24 minutes ago, Ronin_Cahill said:

at this point in protest to t8 being in t 10 I just drop link and head back to port as I refuse to be put into a scenario where a 6 year old has to box mike Tyson full contact.

Once again, people try to give advice -> you ignore it.

You are being a :etc_swear: about it. Hope WG bans you for crap like that.

I tried to be reasonable, and show you why your thinking is wrong... hope WG keeps MM as it is, so people who whine about it, can just leave the game :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

Players
390 posts
2,176 battles

There's a thread for this.

Wherein  group of angry and shouty people who already have T10 will tell you to git gud whilst pretending they only pleay T8 and forget altogether that you are allowed an opinion.

You're best bet? Jut ignore them. Or... troll the life out of them which is equally fun during an otherwise dull commute.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,078 posts
6,135 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I tried to be reasonable, and show you why your thinking is wrong... hope WG keeps MM as it is, so people who whine about it, can just leave the game :cap_popcorn:

You can guarantee the people whining about how its not fair their bismark meets tier X, and that it should be +/-0 MM, will be first in the queue to whine its not fair they always now face North Carolinas, Asashios and Clevelands, and they much prefered fighting New Mexicos, Farraguts, and Dallas because that was "more fun"

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
61 posts
7,970 battles

why do we need 10v 10, I have had some great 4 v4 3v3 matches at lower tiers. they are fun as heck. I would also be fine waiting a few more min for a match that is fair, so just give us an option to maintain same tier only or a have a +/- 1 tier option. With the understanding it may take longer for a match or matches would be potentially less vs less numerically. at this point in protest to t8 being in t 10 I just drop link and head back to port as I refuse to be put into a scenario where a 6 year old has to box mike Tyson full contact. Only a Russian can think that is a good time :)...ima wimpy Canadian. 

Yet, you don't whine on when those poor tier 6's or 7's are fighting your tier 8. 

You don't it fairer, you want it easier.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,584 posts
10,610 battles
36 minutes ago, WynnZeroOne said:

There's a thread for this.

Wherein  group of angry and shouty people who already have T10 will tell you to git gud whilst pretending they only pleay T8 and forget altogether that you are allowed an opinion.

You're best bet? Jut ignore them. Or... troll the life out of them which is equally fun during an otherwise dull commute.

You think you’re the one trolling.

How quaint :fish_book:

Players
390 posts
2,176 battles
9 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

You think you’re the one trolling.

How quaint :fish_book:

Wheeling out the expected counter.

How predictable.

Point proven @Ronin_Cahill - they come crashing out of the woodwork like a koala on crystal meth wielding keyboards for swords and cries of 'proof' for shields :Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
997 posts
7,704 battles

We should all have a word file on our computers with pre typed posts replying to this kind of thread which APPEARS EVERY 4 HOURS

Players
1,563 posts
10,182 battles

Hello there,

We introduced sticky MM topic with reason so we can collect all feedback on one place.

Multiple similar topics already exist, including this one: 

Feel free to share your opinion here. 

Cheers and locked

• Cool 2