Sign in to follow this  
antean

Old & New CVs together

23 comments in this topic

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
812 battles

How about WoWS offer all types of CV - the old ones and the new ones. Let the player choose which type of CV they want to play.

This way, all CV players will be accommodated. Of, course the anti- CV players (the real CV haters) will not like this idea as it might double the number of CV players.

If WoWS offered both CV play styles we would see the odd tier CVs again.

I could never figure out why the new style are only offered in even tiers. It's like WoWS couldn't be bothered to actually do all the work to start with.

This idea has merit as it would also show which type of CV is actually the better one (the old style or the new style).

Lets have the two styles of CV play be slotted into random battles (& co-op, for those who play there) to see just which style is actually better.

I'm betting, myself, that the old CV style would be better.

• Cool 4

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
760 posts

Then let the "real CV haters" have an option to play non CV games.

Wouldn't that make everyone happy then…..oh wait….ques for CV players would go up.

• Boring 1

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
812 battles
13 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

Then let the "real CV haters" have an option to play non CV games.

No, sorry, Sir Amra, the real CV haters cannot be let off so easily - let them 'squeal'. Let them have CV cake if they cannot have non-CV bread (as Marie Antoinette might have said).

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
760 posts
12 minutes ago, antean said:

No, sorry, Sir Amra, the real CV haters cannot be let off so easily - let them 'squeal'. Let them have CV cake if they cannot have non-CV bread (as Marie Antoinette might have said).

If u want to make it so that more games are filled With CVs, and more CVs ingame u need to let the players decide if they want to have CV free games.

So, yes. I'm not a CV hater, but more CVs in the games are not the solution. And I'd check CV free games in a heartbeat if I could.

• Bad 1

Players
0 posts
Vor 14 Stunden, antean sagte:

How about WoWS offer all types of CV - the old ones and the new ones.

It seems that people have forgotten fast about the problems of the old RTS style gameplay (heavy balance issues). And how unattractive it was for most players.

So why spend ressources on something that's only played by very few players?

Vor 14 Stunden, antean sagte:

I could never figure out why the new style are only offered in even tiers.

Remember that I read about not beeing able to have enough progress between them (aka easier balance)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[R4A]
Players
466 posts
13,314 battles
13 saat önce, SirAmra dedi:

If u want to make it so that more games are filled With CVs, and more CVs ingame u need to let the players decide if they want to have CV free games.

So, yes. I'm not a CV hater, but more CVs in the games are not the solution. And I'd check CV free games in a heartbeat if I could.

If you are looking for reality in the game, CVs must be in the game like real life. And many people wants reality in the game.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,055 posts
15,733 battles
1 hour ago, Skurios_Volleys_Fan said:

So why spend ressources on something that's only played by very few players?

Considering the rework has about the same population you could ask the same for it.

Also the RTS iteration was infinitely more balanced than the rework even in its neglected state.

1 hour ago, Skurios_Volleys_Fan said:

Remember that I read about not beeing able to have enough progress between them (aka easier balance)

No, it was to pad the population numbers. Having only even tier CVs makes balance even harder because it exacerbates tiering issues.

• Cool 1

Players
262 posts
2,216 battles

If WG fails to understand RTS system needed to be rebalanced and thinks the action CV playstyle is good for the game, how could they understand which version is better when you introduce them at once to random battles, "to see which one is better"?

Your suggestion is just highly confusing and makes no sense at all.

• Funny 1

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
902 posts
4,155 battles

The old carriers at least had to fight an opponent. The current state makes Random just a Coop game for CVs.

• Cool 1

Players
262 posts
2,216 battles
8 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

The old carriers at least had to fight an opponent. The current state makes Random just a Coop game for CVs.

You forgot about the shitty useless fighter clouds you can set up! :Smile_child:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
760 posts
3 hours ago, KHS01 said:

If you are looking for reality in the game, CVs must be in the game like real life. And many people wants reality in the game.

Not if OP wants to make it so that we get even more CVs. As it is now, I have no problem. But getting more of them on a regularly basis.....all the time....nope.

Then I'd like to have the option to turn of CVs in my game. 

But OPs post is still meaningless since they won't do it or revert some of the gameplay to the old style. That will be a clusterf…. of a balancing problem.

• Bad 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,024 posts
336 battles
On 3/14/2019 at 8:02 PM, SirAmra said:

go to wot...pls

and stop blaming CVs or any other class for your 40% wr and full tomato stats

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
760 posts
35 minutes ago, veslingr said:

go to wot...pls

and stop blaming CVs or any other class for your 40% wr and full tomato stats

Wow. Your arguments are so strong and meaningfull.

At which point did I blame CVs for anything?

How about u trying to argue my points on why players shouldn't be allowed to have an option to go CV free, if OP gets his

will of flooding the game with the old and new mode.

U know, the thing rational persons do, those that actually can put 2+2 together.

But I have do disapoint u about my stats.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,024 posts
336 battles
48 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

How about u trying to argue my points on why players shouldn't be allowed to have an option to go CV free, if OP gets his

why can not players choose soccer game "without" keeper

why chess player can not choose game "without" rook

why basket balplayer can not choose game "without" basket

i can not argue wit imbicil ideas like this mate, really.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
760 posts
20 minutes ago, veslingr said:

why can not players choose soccer game "without" keeper

why chess player can not choose game "without" rook

why basket balplayer can not choose game "without" basket

i can not argue wit imbicil ideas like this mate, really.

I can't help u if u don't understand a point.

I can't help u if u choose to argue and debate as a 3 year old. For u are debating as a 3 year old.

U complain about my ideas as being imbecil. But it's fine and dandy for a guy opening a thread wanting  both modes and the clusterf*** of a balance that will be for WG to implement?

A suggestion for something they already stated won't happen?

I never argued for removing, nor complaining about CVs as a whole. They are a boring class to play.

I have no problems with them being in this game.

I however have opinions about flooding them in the game and breaking the balance. If u can't see that or understand that. Well, I can't help u.

I have been through 8 CVs pr game. I have endured the game while they effed up every game cause they broke the balance.

There was a reason they limited the CVs. The entire community at that time moved together to get them to change it.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,024 posts
336 battles
18 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

There was a reason they limited the CVs. The entire community at that time moved together to get them to change it.

nothing was limited

community had nothing to do with rework

it is retard to ask button "play without Inser class" (and everybody and probably you know it will nver happen"

really i think wot is for you

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
760 posts
29 minutes ago, veslingr said:

nothing was limited

community had nothing to do with rework

it is retard to ask button "play without Inser class" (and everybody and probably you know it will nver happen"

really i think wot is for you

Omfg.

I'm not talking about now.

Look at my badge. It tells u that I've been here for quite a while.

CVs were limited in BETA.

U actuallly are a speshul snowflake.

And I'm not asking for a "without" CVs button. I was making a point to OPs little thought trough post.

I got no CVs in most of my games. I don't care about them.

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
812 battles
29 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

I was making a point to OPs little thought trough post.

Pardon me? My 'little thought through post'? I thought through it fyi.

You think, SirAmra, that the new CV rework has been 'thought through'? Properly thought through, that is? With the odd tier CVs removed?

Ya sure, that has been 'thought through' properly (ROFL).

You think, SirAmra, that the old CVs were that 'broken' or in need of radical revision? In NA, I too have been around during & since Alpha testing.

I never ever saw that the old CVs were such an OP class. I have never been a whiner about CVs until now with these utterly FARCIAL reworked CVs.

How much and how much longer will WoWS take to 're-balance/repair' their utter reworked FARCE CV mess? It's still no where near any kind of balance.

So, SirAmra, WoWS had so-called RTS CV play for a good 4+ years (I include official play time & all pre launch designs & testing) & it worked fine for those players who had any sort of intelligence. It was only the unintelligent whiners who complained & continue to complain about the RTS style of CV play.

* Hence, why not have both the old style & the new style CV play? Then all pro CV players will be able to play their kind of CV.

No one should complain about CVs being in this game at all. CVs were the 'Queens of Battle' for 1930s & WW2 & post WW2 naval play.

btw, I no longer play CVs as I have principles (& will stick to them, unlike many others). I refuse to play the reworked , imho, FARCE CVs.

• Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
760 posts
10 minutes ago, antean said:

Pardon me? My 'little thought through post'? I thought through it fyi.

You think, SirAmra, that the new CV rework has been 'thought through'? Properly thought through, that is? With the odd tier CVs removed?

Ya sure, that has been 'thought through' properly (ROFL).

You think, SirAmra, that the old CVs were that 'broken' or in need of radical revision? In NA, I too have been around during & since Alpha testing.

I never ever saw that the old CVs were such an OP class. I have never been a whiner about CVs until now with these utterly FARCIAL reworked CVs.

How much and how much longer will WoWS take to 're-balance/repair' their utter reworked FARCE CV mess? It's still no where near any kind of balance.

So, SirAmra, WoWS had so-called RTS CV play for a good 4+ years (I include official play time & all pre launch designs & testing) & it worked fine for those players who had any sort of intelligence. It was only the unintelligent whiners who complained & continue to complain about the RTS style of CV play.

* Hence, why not have both the old style & the new style CV play? Then all pro CV players will be able to play their kind of CV.

No one should complain about CVs being in this game at all. CVs were the 'Queens of Battle' for 1930s & WW2 & post WW2 naval play.

btw, I no longer play CVs as I have principles (& will stick to them, unlike many others). I refuse to play the reworked , imho, FARCE CVs.

No, I've been completely against it both here and on facebook.

I wanted them to keep it as it was and fix the bugged Ui.

I've not once supported this. And WG have been told on many occations that this was a bad move.

I had no problems with CVs in its old form.

I even strongly oppose WG balance debartement from way back in wot in 2011. They are bad at balancing and fixing stuff.

If it was purely up to me. We'd still have the old CVs and trying to fix that and make it more fun for the players.

But putting in both types aaaand making it so we get more CVs pr match is not fun for anyone. Specially now that we only have flak to kill the planes (not counting the bad fighter bot).

I tried it when there was no limit and a limit of 4 pr team.

And the limit we've had uptil now with 2 CVs up to tier 7 and 1 after that has been completely fine.

I've never ever said we should remove CVs.

All I've ever pointed out to WG is that this CV fanfare they now did, will die out cause players get bored with it.

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
812 battles
5 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

I had no problems with CVs in its old form.

Good.

Players
2,261 posts
245 battles

I never understood why they got rid of odd tiers, even if their reasoning was ‘there are too hard to balance’ that just goes to show the rework was doomed to fail from the start since they in their own minds couldnt balance their own ships.

That and i just want miss booooooogue back as well. I actually miss the rts version actually required me to think more and in the longer term about my actions, even when i lose a whole squad it doesnt impact me as much as it did previously.

fixing the bugged ui was heavily suggested.

Sign in to follow this