Captain_Swiggit

Playing WOWS on a iMac

7 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
4,040 battles

I LOVE this game but as I play on a iMac it keeps crashing/freezing on any other mode except Co-Op. This mainly happened after I upgraded my iOS to Mojave. It's really frustrating when I get up to 5 game crashes in one battle on Ranked and Random etc. It's so annoying when you have to restart the game and come back into play and find you have been sunk just as you are about to fire torps or whatever... Are there any game settings I need to be aware of to stop this from happening?

I've got really good internet connection and optimum speed so I know that isn't the issue... Can someone please help as the support option from WOWS doesn't cover this problem and I don't know else to contact them with this issue.

[NOFUN]
Beta Tester
123 posts
12,020 battles
11 hours ago, Captain_Swiggit said:

This mainly happened after I upgraded my iOS to Mojave.

This is the problem. WoWS on macOS is running within WINE, not a native application. WINE doesn't officially support Mojave yet, you tend to have to wait an entire OS version cycle for them to catch up. You'd be much better off running it native within a bootcamp installation of Windows.

Players
387 posts

And again... same here. Started playing on a mac (MBP, last retina, max specs) and it was awful. Got a boot camped win 10 ltsc running on an external hd and now it's ok. (Minus some performance drops after 8.xx updates, but that doesn't seem mac related).

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
21 hours ago, HentaiSquirrel said:

Got a boot camped win 10 ltsc running on an external hd and now it's ok

Its it a USB  3 or USB C drive?

I cant get Windows to boot on a USB-C drive off my iMac.

But running off built in drive, Bootcamped, WoWS is very fast (iMac 2107 i7, Radeon Pro 560) and looks lovely. 

Players
387 posts

Running it on a USB 3 HDD i had lying around (512 GB seem to small for backups these days XD )... so i didn't try USB-C. Happy for you to get it running. Still remember how nice it was to have trees on the islands without the game crashing within 1 minute...

Enjoy :)