Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bemmel

Dive Bomber strange sound

11 comments in this topic

Players
21 posts
1,695 battles

Hello again,

for my second question i dont know how to explain it in the right way but i will try :D

If im diving down with my dive bombers there is on every attack this really strange "Horn" sound and i have no idea from where it comes.

Are the enemy ships doing this sound or does it comes from the bombers ?

And if anyone know what i mean is there a way to deacitvate it ? Becuase its going on my nerves and if not i will quit cv play. I hate it so much : /

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

horn sound? like a ship's horn? or more like a siren?

got any example of what you mean? maybe replays?

have you also tried the repair function in the WG launcher?

Players
9,855 posts
11,562 battles
33 minutes ago, Bemmel said:

Hello again,

for my second question i dont know how to explain it in the right way but i will try :D

If im diving down with my dive bombers there is on every attack this really strange "Horn" sound and i have no idea from where it comes.

Are the enemy ships doing this sound or does it comes from the bombers ?

And if anyone know what i mean is there a way to deacitvate it ? Becuase its going on my nerves and if not i will quit cv play. I hate it so much : /

AFAIK Gimmick Zeppelin got diving horns as homage to her previous, pre rework self and her Stuka dive bombers, which had them. Other carriers should be free of this "feature"

Players
21 posts
1,695 battles

Furiouse dive bombers do the same sound thing, yeah its like a horna from a ship or whatever :D

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,046 posts
10,802 battles
1 hour ago, Bemmel said:

Becuase its going on my nerves and if not i will quit cv play. I hate it so much : /

Well on the plus side, 70 years later, the Jericho trumpets are still working as intended.

• Funny 2

Players
9,855 posts
11,562 battles
8 minutes ago, Bemmel said:

Furiouse dive bombers do the same sound thing, yeah its like a horna from a ship or whatever :D

Maybe guy on receiving end is trying to honk you away?

The effect you're describing is sound effect WG gave to dive bombers for their wonky "climb and dive" animation, which makes pinch of sense, engine going WEP for climb and then wind whistle increasing as plane dives and gains airspeed.

And the same sound effect was copy/pasted into UK level bombers which makes extra no sense:cap_tea:

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles
4 hours ago, Bemmel said:

i actually havent noticed that. i'll try them out and do a short recording so you can confirm if my experience is the same as yours.

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles
4 hours ago, Bemmel said:

ok does it sound like anything you hear in this video?

Players
21 posts
1,695 battles

hmm i think i hear it at minute 1.00 at the attack but not at the others. How you do this replay ?

Yeah i watched again and at the attack at minute 1 you hear the horn sound, its much more louder on my pc.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
5 minutes ago, Bemmel said:

hmm i think i hear it at minute 1.00 at the attack but not at the others. How you do this replay ?

replay files from your last 30 games (default configuration) are saved in your gamefolder. Just look at the WoWS Folder where the game is installed and search a folder called "Replays". Open any replay file with the gameexe and you can rewatch that particular game. May not work for older replays though as too much were changed. You can increase the 30 replays limit in the ingame options.

Sign in to follow this