Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
shonai

Graf Zeppelin and Soviet Battleships Changes

16 comments in this topic

WG Staff
25 posts
5 battles

Graf Zeppelin

The total damage output of Graf Zeppelin is still very high. To keep the special features of GZ's attack planes and dive bombers and balance the total amount of damage this CV can inflict, the damage of torpedoes is lowered from 5500 to 4533. This change will be live at 14:00 UTC on 13.03.19

It's not planned to make further changes to the parameters of Graf Zeppelin, Saipan, Kaga and Enterprise. We consider their balancing finished.

We also would like to remind you that you can exchange your CVs in the Inventory section before the time to do this expires with 0.8.2.

Soviet Battleships

• Accuracy settings are changed for Lenin and all researchable tier III - X soviet battleships;
  • Damage Control Party duration is lowered to 10 seconds for for Lenin and all researchable soviet battleships.

The accuracy settings for the Soviet battleships were very "unnatural" and the change of the spread at long range increases sharply. Also such settings gave too large of an accuracy bonus at distances of mid to close range fights. Therefore, the values of the vertical and horizontal spread were adjusted so that accuracy depending on the distance changes more smoothly. This will slightly reduce the accuracy on the range up to 12 km.

The Soviet battleships were too effective in "tanking" cruisers' damage thanks to their good armor, high HP pool and the special settings of the Damage Control Party. Therefore, to balance the interaction of the Soviet BBs and cruisers, but keep other traits intact, the duration of the DCP is reduced. This will increase the total damage Soviet BBs receive from fires.

Edited by MrConway
Fixed formatting
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,562 posts
13,683 battles
4 minutes ago, shonai said:

Therefore, to balance the interaction of the Soviet BBs and cruisers, but keep other traits intact, the duration of the DCP is reduced. This will increase the total damage Soviet BBs receive from fires.

Amazing. So you still have to pray fto RNG-Jesus to give you fires in order to damage them :cap_haloween:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Might I suggest posting with the default forum format? Because this is what the topic looks like with the dark forum theme:

Yupostblu.jpg

It's readable (which is more than can be said about most other people copy&pasting comments from other formats), but not exactly convenient.

As for the content:

Balancing for the premiums considering finished ... I doubt that unless you also mean to say the balancing for the other CVs is considered done just the same because obviously and changes brought on by meta and balancing changes to other CVs during the presumably still ongoing balancing phase will affect the relative performance of the premium CVs too.

As for the VMF BB DCP action time duration nerf, I feel like that's a miniscule nerf in light of the random nature of fire chance and how the DCP immunity works (i.e.: no fires at all as long as DCP is active). Getting lucky with fire chance and setting a fire immediately after the DCP action duration runs out is ultimately only a couple seconds (by how much did the DCP action duration get reduced?) worth of damage ticks considering the short cooldown on the VMF BB DCP. Nevermind that fire damage is 100% repairable and severely doubt that too much firedamage is hardly a concern with proper DCP management (which is far, far easier with the nature of the VMF BB DCP).

• Cool 6

Players
255 posts
13,825 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

(use the forum's uploader , because that page triggered my NOD32 for 3 webpage by clicking onto it...)

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
4 minutes ago, ledgeri said:

(use the forum's uploader , because that page triggered my NOD32 for 3 webpage by clicking onto it...)

Never had any issues with postimage.org. Might've been an ad getting flagged, but I wouldn't know because I use adblockers.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
2 hours ago, shonai said:

PFl3Cud.png

@shonai @MrConway @Crysantos I... kind of understand the colour failing because someone who doesn't normally use forums has copied stuff in from some translator and that has kept its formatting including colour so we get the typically black / dark gray text, but when someone from WG posts in god damn dark blue... Really?

s0P4m5Q.jpg

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

(by how much did the DCP action duration get reduced?)

I'd say from 15s, so by 5

IJN are unique at 10s, USN are unique at 20s, Warspite is unique at 5s. Every other BB has 15s DCP

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,772 posts
5,308 battles
3 hours ago, shonai said:

The accuracy settings for the Soviet battleships were very "unnatural" and the change of the spread at long range increases sharply. Also such settings gave too large of an accuracy bonus at distances of mid to close range fights. Therefore, the values of the vertical and horizontal spread were adjusted so that accuracy depending on the distance changes more smoothly. This will slightly reduce the accuracy on the range up to 12 km.

The Soviet battleships were too effective in "tanking" cruisers' damage thanks to their good armor, high HP pool and the special settings of the Damage Control Party. Therefore, to balance the interaction of the Soviet BBs and cruisers, but keep other traits intact, the duration of the DCP is reduced. This will increase the total damage Soviet BBs receive from fires.

Good to hear, but..Might I suggest a different post colour? This one is almost impossible to read on a dark background, without highlighting it first.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,518 battles

Post colour fixed, sorry guys :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 4

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,772 posts
5,308 battles
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

Post colour fixed, sorry guys :Smile_hiding:

Much better, and much appreciated. :cap_like:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
3 hours ago, shonai said:

Accuracy settings are changed for Lenin and all researchable tier III - X soviet battleships;

It would be interesting to see how they changed, as we already had original H.disp. listed - just to see the comparison

Also, I find it interesting that Lenin is listed as changed together with the silver ships, as she had the same "normal" (at least as H.disp. is concerned) dispersion as Nikolai, Revolution and Kronstadt, a.k.a. the same as USN / RN BBs.

Beta Tester
114 posts
6,057 battles
20 hours ago, shonai said:

It's not planned to make further changes to the parameters of Graf Zeppelin, Saipan, Kaga and Enterprise. We consider their balancing finished.

We also would like to remind you that you can exchange your CVs in the Inventory section before the time to do this expires with 0.8.2.

Kaga really? its the worst CV to get uptiered and i basicly unplayable against  higher tier AA ships.. Im sorry WG but i think most of the CV players will agree that kaga needs to be balanced more. or balance the AA...

Dont tell me that i can just sell it because even tho i dont favour the ship anymore it should still be playable which it currently isnt.

• Cool 2

Players
124 posts
593 battles

When I saw this title I was hoping that GZ would be down tiered in favor of having historical loadout and get stuka bombers but instead we have to deal with this being T8 with T10 matchmaking and having fantasy aircraft loadout to have a chance in this tier range with added nerfs.  Since this is your final decision on balancing this CV I am quite disappointed that this is the final and best outcome the developers have come out with this CV before coming out for sale, since people who think this CV will be good will be sorely disappointed cause the balancing of this CV mostly been done with statistics of veteran players who owned and mastered the CV for 2 years.

• Cool 3

Players
853 posts
907 battles

Glad to see the current GZ players are satisfied with the current GZ play (ROFL). (btw, I sold my GZ when the CV rework FARCE went live)

As to the Ru BBs, I look forward to them being in the game as a regular tech tree line (even if there are other tech lines that should be here first).

Pls, WoWS developers, pls, leave the Ru BBs as 'historical' as possible, especially the actual ones built & the maybe could have been built Sovetsky Soyuz class.

Sign in to follow this