Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

Why did I loose that knife fight? (gameplay)

3 comments in this topic

[HAMAR]
Players
346 posts

I was wondering if some one could bother to look at this game play and tell if I could have done something different to win that fight against Lion in my Bismark. I thought he was showing to much broadside  but I lost anyway.  It begins when there is about 9-8 min left of the game.20190312_220144_PGSB108-Bismarck_25_sea_hope.wowsreplay

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,176 battles

You did not tighten it?

:Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

It simply wasn't a good engagement for you. Optimally you shouldn't have taken that fight and instead keep looping around and then back into B where you could've pressured the Belfast and Lyon and have teammates nearby providing additional firepower.

As for the fight itself:

Bismarck dispersion trolled you hard a couple times. You were doing ~4k per volley at most, more often just landing one or two overpens for ~2k damage. Your secondaries did a bit damage and set fires, but basically all of that damage can be healed by the RN superheal.

That said, you were quite stingy with your rear guns, for the longest time only using your two front turrets. That was lot of damage potential you didn't use. What you could've done is wait angled for his volley, then turn to bring your rear guns to bear and after shooting them instantly turn and angle again in time for his next volley, thus maximizing your own firepower and your angling.

Not that it would've necessarily turned out with your victory considering the Lion turning to kite you and just switched to HE to burn you down (and in a pure HP trade, he will beat you in a 1vs1 thanks to his super heal), but you would've guaranteed dealt more damage.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this