You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FrankvC_Jr

Spanish Community Leftovers.......not anymore

59 comments in this topic

[NKK2]
Players
1,116 posts
4,453 battles

Hello dear English and English speaking community.

I wish I could write this in a more happy mood but I’m afraid I can’t. What happened you may ask? Simple. 

All of this comes back to 15th March of 2018. On that day, Spanish Forum, News and Support closed, with the excuse that we were simply “not worth the resources devoted to us”. We, the Spanish community, felt really bad but we could cope with that, as our posts and topics were placed on archive, where at least we could check them and move things up and down to our new web. But this has changed.

Suddenly and without warning, the Archive containing all our valuable information, data, tech tree proposals and numerous questions and answers are gone. I don’t know for how long as I had not checked since, let’s say, 1 week ago. But still, I feel conflicted about it. Why? Because I don’t know the reason for the complete removal of it. You may say it takes space and resources but did it really? After all, no more resources were used on it, it was just like those old forum treads from 2014 or so, lost to the oceans of time but still useful or interesting. So why WG, WHY??

I myself have no trouble, not much anyways, writing and reading English for news, suggestions and such. I even venture to do posts and whole treads and more things. But for the poor fellow commoners who don’t know English what is left? To be impossible to know what happens next ingame? To use translators all the time, which without doubt will be full of flaws? And what happens to the content we created? We just have to accept that is rubish and without value? To be left with doubts, impossible to answer?

Why WG? Why you are so damm interested in removing all trace of the old Spanish forum, even if it did not had resources devoted to it? WHY @MrConway and people who may be responsible? 

• Cool 18

[NKK2]
Players
1,917 posts

I'm going to take this opportunity to ask also @MrConway or some other person in charge if, after eliminating the Spanish language in WoWp and deleting the Spanish forums of WoWp and WoWs, the next step will be to eliminate the Spanish language in WoWs.

Thanks.

• Cool 2

Players
1,420 posts
8,339 battles

Funny thing, the other day I was feeling lonely and deceided to edit my very last message on the Spanish forum, adding an edit saying something like "It's almost one year since the forum closed, I wish it would come back someday" (or so I recall, I was drunk). One and half days later the entire Spanish forum (along with the Turkish one) dissapeared altogether!!

[NKK2]
Players
1,917 posts
2 minutos antes, Sargento_YO dijo:

Funny thing, the other day I was feeling lonely and deceided to edit my very last message on the Spanish forum, adding an edit saying something like "It's almost one year since the forum closed, I wish it would come back someday" (or so I recall, I was drunk). One and half days later the entire Spanish forum (along with the Turkish one) dissapeared altogether!!

True. Let's not forget the Turkish forum.

• Cool 1

Players
1,420 posts
8,339 battles

My guess is that they planned to erase both forums but they forget to do it... Until I edited that message and the responsible one was reminded of that task.

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Players
1 post
11,158 battles

What is the reason for this lack of respect for Spanish speakers?
Is it so difficult to give us the same support as the NA server?
Do you really want the game and its community to grow?

If you do not change that short-term attitude, you will be laying the foundations so that your game stops being interesting, because, with those actions, you only offend the players.

WG change attitude or we will have to mobilize our NA brothers. This attitude is an insult to one of the great languages of humanity, and more being where it was created.

I hope the game improves a lot and not only on this subject or I will gladly go over to another. You are also not the best at dealing with whoever makes you money.

Change and improve at once.

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Alpha Tester
366 posts
7,019 battles

Ey! A multimillionaire business like WG can't support some Tbs of info without moves... bleh... really, like I said in wowp forums, if you don't like pur Spanish community, don't worry, our Spanish euros will go to other games...

You want to grow your games but you are breaking communities with your 0 supports.

GL WG....that's the way to grow...

Players
81 posts
6,068 battles
2 saat önce, FrankvC_Jr dedi:

Hello dear English and English speaking community.

I wish I could write this in a more happy mood but I’m afraid I can’t. What happened you may ask? Simple. 

All of this comes back to 15th March of 2018. On that day, Spanish Forum, News and Support closed, with the excuse that we were simply “not worth the resources devoted to us”. We, the Spanish community, felt really bad but we could cope with that, as our posts and topics were placed on archive, where at least we could check them and move things up and down to our new web. But this has changed.

Suddenly and without warning, the Archive containing all our valuable information, data, tech tree proposals and numerous questions and answers are gone. I don’t know for how long as I had not checked since, let’s say, 1 week ago. But still, I feel conflicted about it. Why? Because I don’t know the reason for the complete removal of it. You may say it takes space and resources but did it really? After all, no more resources were used on it, it was just like those old forum treads from 2014 or so, lost to the oceans of time but still useful or interesting. So why WG, WHY??

I myself have no trouble, not much anyways, writing and reading English for news, suggestions and such. I even venture to do posts and whole treads and more things. But for the poor fellow commoners who don’t know English what is left? To be impossible to know what happens next ingame? To use translators all the time, which without doubt will be full of flaws? And what happens to the content we created? We just have to accept that is rubish and without value? To be left with doubts, impossible to answer?

Why WG? Why you are so damm interested in removing all trace of the old Spanish forum, even if it did not had resources devoted to it? WHY @MrConway and people who may be responsible? 

God dammed dude, i am already on board and when time to time checking forum,i didn't realize both our databases disappear. Thanks for your topic, and yes why WG? Ok you think we are not worth to spend money,human power or effort but at least you should keep old posts like a database for who can not speak English.

As always, gg wg... :cap_money:

Players
588 posts
17,637 battles

English isn´t my primary language so I will continue in Spanish... (Y el que quiera entender que use google translate).

Soy jugador de World of Warships y cliente de Wargaming desde hace más de 3 años. En mis más de 500 mensajes, he participado activamente en el antiguo y clausurado subforo de la Comunidad Española de World of Warships. He sido partícipe de innumerables batallas y he contribuído al crecimiento del juego como cualquier otro cliente del mismo. He tenido que aceptar el cierre del subforo de la Comunidad Española. Y por último, he sido testigo de la eliminación sin aviso de dicho subforo, borrando todo rastro de mi presencia y de la de mi Comunidad en este juego.

Las reglas del foro dicen: 

....Please remember that access to this forum is a privilege and not a right, which can be revoked by Wargaming.net at any time for reasons that include but are not limited to the violation of our Forum Rules.

The official language of this forum is English. Using other languages is allowed in special forum sections only.

El acceso a este foro es un privilego, no un derecho según WG. Privilegio que disfrutan nuestros compañeros ingleses, franceses, alemanes, checos, polacos e italianos pero que es negado a la Comunidad Española, debido al cierre para nuevas respuestas de dicho subforo en Mayo del año pasado. Con el borrado del subforo de la Comunidad Española, no solo WG ha eliminado nuestros privilegios, sino que ha vulnerado nuestro derecho a acceder a un subforo en el que todos los integrantes hemos aportado nuestro contenido. Contenido muy valioso para la Comunidad y sobre todo NUESTRO.

Explica WG en sus normas que el lenguaje oficial del foro es el Inglés/Francés/Alemán/etc y que otros lenguajes solamente serán permitidos en secciones especiales del foro. Pues bien, no existen otras secciones especiales del foro donde se puede escribir en Castellano/Español a día de hoy, con lo que no solo se les retira el derecho a todos aquellos clientes y jugadores españoles e hispanohablantes a utilizar su lengua materna como habían podido hacerlo hasta Mayo del pasado año, sino que también se les niega y se les prohíbe de facto el derecho a expresarse y compartir opinión a una gran mayoría de jugadores de habla hispana en el foro oficial de la Comunidad de World of Warships.

Resulta poco comprensible que cualquier empresa decida prescindir de una parte importante de clientes potenciales como son los jugadores de habla hispana, al menos 45 millones en Europa y 577 millones en todo el mundo. Pero mucho más sorprendente es el hecho de que en pleno 2019, en esta Europa baluarte de la sociedad Occidental, garantista absoluta de los derechos y libertades, se discrime y se restrinja el derecho a la información y opinión a millones de ciudadanos por razón de lengua y origen, obedeciendo unicamente a cuestionables intereses empresariales, como es el caso.

Por todo ello, la Comunidad Española de World of Warships se siente no solo silenciada, apartada y discriminada, sino también insultada, menospreciada y vilipendiada (tradúceme esa google), exigiendo una rectificación inmediata sobre la decisión de eliminar dicho subforo y, a titulo personal de un servidor, como cliente y ciudadano, la reapertura del subforo oficial de la Comunidad Española.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,378 posts
2,939 battles
4 hours ago, Kowalzki_jander said:

El acceso a este foro es un privilego, no un derecho según WG. Privilegio que disfrutan nuestros compañeros ingleses, franceses, alemanes, checos, polacos e italianos pero que es negado a la Comunidad Española, debido al cierre para nuevas respuestas de dicho subforo en Mayo del año pasado. Con el borrado del subforo de la Comunidad Española, no solo WG ha eliminado nuestros privilegios, sino que ha vulnerado nuestro derecho a acceder a un subforo en el que todos los integrantes hemos aportado nuestro contenido. Contenido muy valioso para la Comunidad y sobre todo NUESTRO.

Explica WG en sus normas que el lenguaje oficial del foro es el Inglés/Francés/Alemán/etc y que otros lenguajes solamente serán permitidos en secciones especiales del foro. Pues bien, no existen otras secciones especiales del foro donde se puede escribir en Castellano/Español a día de hoy, con lo que no solo se les retira el derecho a todos aquellos clientes y jugadores españoles e hispanohablantes a utilizar su lengua materna como habían podido hacerlo hasta Mayo del pasado año, sino que también se les niega y se les prohíbe de facto el derecho a expresarse y compartir opinión a una gran mayoría de jugadores de habla hispana en el foro oficial de la Comunidad de World of Warships.

Resulta poco comprensible que cualquier empresa decida prescindir de una parte importante de clientes potenciales como son los jugadores de habla hispana, al menos 45 millones en Europa y 577 millones en todo el mundo. Pero mucho más sorprendente es el hecho de que en pleno 2019, en esta Europa baluarte de la sociedad Occidental, garantista absoluta de los derechos y libertades, se discrime y se restrinja el derecho a la información y opinión a millones de ciudadanos por razón de lengua y origen, obedeciendo unicamente a cuestionables intereses empresariales, como es el caso.

Por todo ello, la Comunidad Española de World of Warships se siente no solo silenciada, apartada y discriminada, sino también insultada, menospreciada y vilipendiada (tradúceme esa google), exigiendo una rectificación inmediata sobre la decisión de eliminar dicho subforo y, a titulo personal de un servidor, como cliente y ciudadano, la reapertura del subforo oficial de la Comunidad Española.

Spanish isn't even my secondary language so I'll continue in English-

No, you can't think it as a infringement of your rights that no Spanish subforum exists anymore. There are above 6000 spoken languiages in the world, and offering a specialized forum for each is not only impossible, but also stupid marketing-wise, since it's likely most cost more to maintain than their user-base represent as a value.

As for which language shall or not be supported, I can see miiiiiles away your argument that Spanish is amongst if not the most spoken language in the world. Yeah, but it doesn't matter, it's still not a freedom infringement not to have a Spanish subforum. There is no reason a language should be allowed to demand translated service while another should not, regardless of anything including the number of speakers - otherwise THAT would be true discrimination. You can say that not offering a translated service to one of the most spoken language in the world could not be the best commercial decision, but that's for WG to decide.

The right of information is not denied to you. There is no law that requires any published information to be translated in all existing language or even just some, specific, existing language - excepted for official political informations such as UN communications and such I guess. But WG is a private company and if they suddenly decided to stop supporting any language excepted russian, they would be in their rights to do so. They'd lose a big chunk of their player-base, but that'd be perfectly legal.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[NKK2]
Players
1,116 posts
4,453 battles
2 hours ago, LastButterfly said:

Spanish isn't even my secondary language so I'll continue in English-

No, you can't think it as a infringement of your rights that no Spanish subforum exists anymore. There are above 6000 spoken languiages in the world, and offering a specialized forum for each is not only impossible, but also stupid marketing-wise, since it's likely most cost more to maintain than their user-base represent as a value.

As for which language shall or not be supported, I can see miiiiiles away your argument that Spanish is amongst if not the most spoken language in the world. Yeah, but it doesn't matter, it's still not a freedom infringement not to have a Spanish subforum. There is no reason a language should be allowed to demand translated service while another should not, regardless of anything including the number of speakers - otherwise THAT would be true discrimination. You can say that not offering a translated service to one of the most spoken language in the world could not be the best commercial decision, but that's for WG to decide.

The right of information is not denied to you. There is no law that requires any published information to be translated in all existing language or even just some, specific, existing language - excepted for official political informations such as UN communications and such I guess. But WG is a private company and if they suddenly decided to stop supporting any language excepted russian, they would be in their rights to do so. They'd lose a big chunk of their player-base, but that'd be perfectly legal.

While I agree that is not ilegal and “difficult to justify from a business and resources point of view “ to not have a Spanish community up and running, it still makes no sense whatsoever that, after the complete removal, they “need” to erase all of what was left....and we belive have the right to ask WHY. Why the sudden need for wiping out it? It’s beyond my reasoning honestly. 

Also, how WG is supposed to make our community, or our brothers in sin the Turks, grow if they simply don’t help us? I’m sorry but until I get my response, and a proper one, from WG, I will be here asking and questioning. Hope you understand. 

Players
256 posts
16,649 battles

Ya tenemos un foro "extraoficial" que si alguien lo mantiene a modo particular, no debe ser tan caro de mantener. WG tira por sus intereses económicos (€€) y nosotros somos libres de no dar ni un € e irnos a los juegos de la competencia.

No les defiendo, solo expongo los hechos que hay.

Players
2,240 posts
8,299 battles

It's a shame. We were promissed, when the Forum closed, that all the content would be kept there, avaiable to be seen... And now, this. Yet another promise broken by WG :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Alpha Tester
366 posts
7,019 battles

Well, no more spanish euros spend in WoWp and next,no more Spanish euros spend on wows...

Ey WG....continue with your grow....yep...nice way!! May be, all Spanish must go to NA server. ..LOL! 

17 minutes ago, manolojones said:

Well, I have an answer to this from Support:

07d3e38feef37612a934191ed58553e1.png

In summary and for those who do not understand Spanish: that in a future update the Spanish language of the game will be eliminated.

[NKK2]
Players
1,116 posts
4,453 battles
1 hour ago, manolojones said:

Well, I have an answer to this from Support:

07d3e38feef37612a934191ed58553e1.png

In summary and for those who do not understand Spanish: that in a future update the Spanish language of the game will be eliminated.

That is in fact from WoWarplanes. Still, I really hope this doesn’t goes for WoWs too, it would give a terrible impression to a an already torn community. Let’s hope for the best and get an answer to our concerns soon.

[NKK2]
Players
1,917 posts
34 minutos antes, FrankvC_Jr dijo:

That is in fact from WoWarplanes. Still, I really hope this doesn’t goes for WoWs too, it would give a terrible impression to a an already torn community. Let’s hope for the best and get an answer to our concerns soon.

As I asked a specific question about the WoWs, I assumed that they answered about it and I did not realize that it was the other game they mentioned. I have asked for clarification to Support. I hope it was a false alarm.

[NKK2]
Players
1,917 posts
1 hora antes, manolojones dijo:

As I asked a specific question about the WoWs, I assumed that they answered about it and I did not realize that it was the other game they mentioned. I have asked for clarification to Support. I hope it was a false alarm.

Clarified the matter. It seems that, in the end, the Spanish translation of the WoWs is saved at the moment.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

6845ac051a9ac0e0da43053de7f9c17a.png

However, it would be nice if some member of the staff is kind enough to direct us a few words.

Players
1,420 posts
8,339 battles

I still think it's really funny that Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world (counting native speakers... behind Chinese, but if we take in consideration the total amount of people that KNOWS that language, it's the fourth one, while the first one is English) but still WG doesn't thinks there are enought players to support it.

So, RIP Spanish...

• Cool 2

Players
853 posts
907 battles

Talk about a blatant insult to all Spanish speaking fans of WoWS. Another brilliant decision (not).

I guess that means no more Pan-American ships ( the 'flag' looked awful anyway, lol).

• Cool 3

Players
6,759 posts
245 battles

But isnt spanish one of the 5 most spoken languages in the world? so why in the hell is wargaming removing support here as they did in wot's? im not spanish at all. Actually im english and i find this disturbing too be honest.

makes me wonder how the poor sods will communicate with each other or understand the game if they are removing spanish language support.

also the money arguement is weak considering how rich wargaming is as a company now.

• Cool 4

[NKK2]
Players
1,116 posts
4,453 battles
19 minutes ago, antean said:

Talk about a blatant insult to all Spanish speaking fans of WoWS. Another brilliant decision (not).

I guess that means no more Pan-American ships ( the 'flag' looked awful anyway, lol).

Luckily, it seems that NA still enjoys some degree of support and even then I’m not even sure is that good. What this total closure may mean is that we will have to stick together and endure. And don’t say so fast there will not be any more panAmerica premiums or even Spanish ones; the likes of Canarias, Mendez Núñez or so are so damm good for making a quick dollar (which is even sort of a mockery itself, as the premium shop is “translated” :Smile_sceptic:

17 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

But isnt spanish one of the 5 most spoken languages in the world? so why in the hell is wargaming removing support here as they did in wot's? im not spanish at all. Actually im english and i find this disturbing too be honest.

makes me wonder how the poor sods will communicate with each other or understand the game if they are removing spanish language support.

We have made our not oficial web and we are open to everybody. It seems here, on the official forum, we are simply “sources of possible income” who only deserve respect as long as we pay or the resources devoted to us “are woth spending”. Do I need to say more? And before someone might say that “you earned this yourselves because of you didn’t fulfill the expectations and resources they gave you” please consider the fact that we rarely got anything from our region staff: no contests, info badly written or directly copy pasted from Google, almost no presence whatsoever and what is more, NOT A SINGLE WARNING, until it was impossible to change back. 

• Cool 2

Players
853 posts
907 battles
2 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Luckily, it seems that NA still enjoys some degree of support

I'm from NA (Canada)(a refugee here, lol) & WoWS would be shooting themselves in the foot in NA considering the Latino presence there in the US (I do not use Spanish tho one of my children has taken Spanish as a language in school). I know NA server has a Spanish Forum. Considering the whole SW of the US (that the US stole from Mexico) is going to be majority Latino soon, I find that 'hilarious' too - also, it's why the 'Grump' wants a Wall - rofl). All SNAFU as they say (or FUBAR).

• Cool 1