You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CMDR_Edward

CV Rework - Aesthetic Inaccuracies

14 comments in this topic

[TR-SF]
Players
11 posts
14,509 battles

Disclaimer: This topic is not related to CV balance or whatsoever, it's solely meant for visual/information inaccuracies that can be changed by simple text/model changes. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

I like warships and planes a lot, naturally I quite enjoy playing CV's because I get to do both of the stuff at the same time. Ever since CV rework went live(even before in PTS, however I thought it would get fixed in release build), there have been a few things I've noticed which are not related to game balance, but more about visual details etc. Most of these stuff has probably been noticed by other players too, so I'm not claiming anything as "first to discover".

Enterprise

F4U-1D rocket aircraft has F6F-5 models and carries 6 FFAR rockets instead of 8 HVAR's. Dev's have apparently acknowledged this issue and it's a mere mislabeling error. (Credit goes to El2aZeR)

Graf Zeppelin

Ta-152C is a high altitude interceptor aircraft, not a naval bomber. Dive bomber also creates Stuka siren sound effect while diving, even though Ta-152C never had them, or were planned to be used as a naval bomber at all.

Lexington

F4U-1D rocket aircraft carries rockets behind props, which would normally hit the prop if they were to ignite.

Hakuryu

J5N aircraft were never meant to be used as a Dive/Torpedo bomber. They were high altitude interceptor/heavy bombers that were designed to take on B-29's. Also stock torpedo bomber C6N Saiun, as built, never had torpedo or dive bombing capablities.

Midway

Kept the best and most abused kid for the best one.

BTD-1's only saw limited production. 26 of them were made, none saw combat. Their service time ended before Midway was commissioned. On top of that, dive bombers carry TWO AN/M66 bombs which are 2000lb bombs, making it a 4000lb payload which is way above it's max bomb payload. The torpedo bombers use Bliss-Leavitt Mk.7 torpedoes which were used on destroyers and submarines only.

F8F-1's and their rockets. That one underneath the fuselage looks so out of place it hurts my eyes. This applies more to HVAR rockets, as F6F-5's used to 'drop fire' their Tiny-Tim's, kind of like how dive bombers extend their bombs out of prop blades before releasing.

And it's a bit out of topic, but Kronshtadt, even though having access to Surveillance Radar consumable, lacks a radar dish. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,774 posts
19,465 battles
1 minute ago, CMDR_Edward said:

F4U-1D rocket aircraft has F6F-5 models and carries 6 FFAR rockets instead of 8 HVAR's.

F6Fs have already been acknowledged as mislabeled (they are supposed to be F6Fs btw). Devs didn't fix it yet because it is a very low priority issue, something I thoroughly agree on.

[TR-SF]
Players
11 posts
14,509 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

F6Fs have already been acknowledged as mislabeled (they are supposed to be F6Fs btw). Devs didn't fix it yet because it is a very low priority issue, something I thoroughly agree on.

Thanks for letting me know. Enterprise is one of my favorite carriers because of it's historical significance and gameplay in general. Glad that's not going under the radar :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,774 posts
19,465 battles
Just now, CMDR_Edward said:

Enterprise is one of my favorite carriers

075.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
9,844 posts
11,553 battles
1 hour ago, CMDR_Edward said:

Disclaimer: This topic is not related to CV balance or whatsoever, it's solely meant for visual/information inaccuracies that can be changed by simple text/model changes. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

I like warships and planes a lot, naturally I quite enjoy playing CV's because I get to do both of the stuff at the same time. Ever since CV rework went live(even before in PTS, however I thought it would get fixed in release build), there have been a few things I've noticed which are not related to game balance, but more about visual details etc. Most of these stuff has probably been noticed by other players too, so I'm not claiming anything as "first to discover".

Enterprise

F4U-1D rocket aircraft has F6F-5 models and carries 6 FFAR rockets instead of 8 HVAR's. Dev's have apparently acknowledged this issue and it's a mere mislabeling error. (Credit goes to El2aZeR)

Graf Zeppelin

Ta-152C is a high altitude interceptor aircraft, not a naval bomber. Dive bomber also creates Stuka siren sound effect while diving, even though Ta-152C never had them, or were planned to be used as a naval bomber at all.

Lexington

F4U-1D rocket aircraft carries rockets behind props, which would normally hit the prop if they were to ignite.

Hakuryu

J5N aircraft were never meant to be used as a Dive/Torpedo bomber. They were high altitude interceptor/heavy bombers that were designed to take on B-29's. Also stock torpedo bomber C6N Saiun, as built, never had torpedo or dive bombing capablities.

Midway

Kept the best and most abused kid for the best one.

BTD-1's only saw limited production. 26 of them were made, none saw combat. Their service time ended before Midway was commissioned. On top of that, dive bombers carry TWO AN/M66 bombs which are 2000lb bombs, making it a 4000lb payload which is way above it's max bomb payload. The torpedo bombers use Bliss-Leavitt Mk.7 torpedoes which were used on destroyers and submarines only.

F8F-1's and their rockets. That one underneath the fuselage looks so out of place it hurts my eyes. This applies more to HVAR rockets, as F6F-5's used to 'drop fire' their Tiny-Tim's, kind of like how dive bombers extend their bombs out of prop blades before releasing.

And it's a bit out of topic, but Kronshtadt, even though having access to Surveillance Radar consumable, lacks a radar dish. 

Issues like these I've reported back in 0.8.0 PTS I think, guess their priority:Smile_smile:

Also IJN plane selection and naming convention is all over the place, surprising as pre rework it was fine. B7A used on Shokek (not fitting into elevator well, thats why Taiho had larger elevators to accomodate new gen aircraft) and mentioned J5N.

C6N at least had "proposed" TB variant, so

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-2

Also why Haku was kept instead Taiho is beyond me

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, CMDR_Edward said:

Graf Zeppelin

It was said that if germans ever get a lower tier - that being 6 - CV, Stukas will be on them. They are "low tier aircraft", unfit to be at t8, hence we get the newer design planes

Players
9,844 posts
11,553 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It was said that if germans ever get a lower tier - that being 6 - CV, Stukas will be on them. They are "low tier aircraft", unfit to be at t8, hence we get the newer design planes

Which would hold water except old T8 Gimmick Zeppelin had Stukas and they were fine:cap_book:

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
19 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Which would hold water except old T8 Gimmick Zeppelin had Stukas and they were fine:cap_book:

They could have changed how they treat aircraft. There was something about "how aircraft values are calculated", but there's nothing I can say / guess about that

Players
105 posts
7,261 battles

Kaga fielded the

A6M "zero" as fighter

Aichi D3A as the divebomber

Nakajima B5N as the Torpedo bomber 

not what WG has given her , B6N, B4Y3.

Players
9,844 posts
11,553 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

They could have changed how they treat aircraft. There was something about "how aircraft values are calculated", but there's nothing I can say / guess about that

I'm quite sure no one would bat an eye if "historically fitting" Stuka would fly faster than usual or withstand "balanced" amount of punishment. Whole drama would be fixed by simple name and model swap

• Cool 1

Players
105 posts
7,261 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

I'm quite sure no one would bat an eye if "historically fitting" Stuka would fly faster than usual or withstand "balanced" amount of punishment. Whole drama would be fixed by simple name and model swap

so much this.:etc_swear: the stats, just give us the model and name.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,413 posts

I do not know if by "rockets" behind the propeller you mean Tiny Tims....

Tiny Tims free drop like bombs first ( well clear of any propeller ) and only then ignite thrust and go off toward the target. If you would play that "other" game you can experience/see that very well, very hard to aim though....

And look at this ( may have been a proto type with guided drop ) They do look like 1 is enough to destroy  any DD...not 10 and still survive.....silly game....

[TR-SF]
Players
11 posts
14,509 battles
19 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Nope, HVAR's. 

Players
9,844 posts
11,553 battles
36 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Tiny Tims free drop like bombs first ( well clear of any propeller ) and only then ignite thrust and go off toward the target. If you would play that "other" game you can experience/see that very well, very hard to aim though....

And look at this ( may have been a proto type with guided drop ) They do look like 1 is enough to destroy  any DD...not 10 and still survive.....silly game....

TiTs were designed with idea of bigass rocket with enough range to launch them outside effective AA range, which would be gimmick in and of itself. Though their payload isn't that impressive, around 67kg explosive compared to 1000lb (270kg explosive), which you would consider "lethal" for a smaller ship