_TinPan_

CV Reward Punishment

28 comments in this topic

Players
185 posts
21,970 battles

Dear WarGaming,

what did you think when you created the reward system for CVs, especially T10 and more special Hakuryu...

Look at the following example and tell me how to get +credits (I still run a Premium Account too) against blobs of op AA ships

shot-19.03.12_16.23.55-0204.jpg

shot-19.03.12_16.24.01-0601.jpg

shot-19.03.12_16.24.08-0413.jpg

shot-19.03.12_16.24.13-0863.jpg

• Boring 3

Players
185 posts
21,970 battles
17 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

55k damage aint much....

Read the above again and think before typing...

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,231 posts
6,339 battles
7 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

You don´t play T10 CVs so why are you answering? Jeez, your comment is useless.

I see my clanmates averaging 110k in their tier 10 carriers. Reward system is fine.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
22 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

55k damage aint much....

Half of which is dealt to BBs :Smile_veryhappy:

57 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

(..)

You lost money because you literally did nothing that game

28.56% on Moskva, 28.82% on Buffalo, 21.1% on GK and 1.94% on Hipper

You did a sum total of 80.4% of 1 ships HP as dmg

If it wasn't for the kills (2*15%) and planes (80%) you'd be scraping the bottom of your teamlist in XP.

Also look who's #1 on your team. What a surprise, a CV :fish_palm:

• Cool 2

Players
185 posts
21,970 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Also look who's #1 on your team. What a surprise, a CV :fish_palm:

what a surprise  a Midway...

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts

You are right about ultra low credit rewards, it is caused by losing many aircraft. That is hidden under "ammunition resupply" you can mouse over it to see the exact amount.

Thing is ofcourse did you need lose so many planes ?

That is why i repeat that the time to act for a CV is mid-late game when enemy ship AA modules are busted from the  surface battle and surviving ships are heavy damaged and scattered. You then face far less deadly AA and can actually kill ships with your attacks. Even become deciding in the match outcome.

What you do up to mid-game is your concern. I only insist you do not lose many aircraft up to then. Me, i use rocket fighters to map the entire enemy fleet by bee lining just outsiade their AA range. When i find DD i look if the friendly DD is enganging ( and perma-spotting ) it and help in it's demise. Other things to do is check for solo warrior BB's that can be attacked without much aircraft loss. Things to avoid ofcourse are AA cruisers and tight formations ships and therefor of combined and deadly AA.

But you are right this will not actually solve getting far less credits then other ships, for doing the same damage. Not before costs, and not after costs. It is just too few credits any way. One of the reasons i use CV way less now, tey are not as profitable as other ships that just make 100k after costs for mediocre performance. Not lose 30 K for winning and 3rd place.

Maybe it is on purpose, a mechanic with which WG wants to discourage to keep playing CV after you bought air supply boxes to unlock them, untill CV use is normalized. But CV numbers are already low on the higher tiers. I wonder if unlocking high tier UK ones will change that. Doesn't look like it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
8 posts
6,213 battles
6 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I see my clanmates averaging 110k in their tier 10 carriers. Reward system is fine.

But still with T10 CVs and 110k damage you may just barely break even or in some cases even lose credits. This game was 3rd on my team with 2064 base XP. 170k damage with 2 kills on a Yama and a Hinden, made just 47k credits in the end with premium. Could have possibly done better, but thx to a random disconnect right in the middle of the game I lost 2 torp waves... 

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.13 - 01.20.51.05.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.13 - 01.21.14.03.png

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Players
249 posts
14,662 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

You are right about ultra low credit rewards, it is caused by losing many aircraft. That is hidden under "ammunition resupply" you can mouse over it to see the exact amount.

What you do up to mid-game is your concern. I only insist you do not lose many aircraft up to then. ...

Ooo! Thank you for this, I'm grinding the CV lines and didn't realise this might be why I'm getting such low rewards. So do bugger all first half of the game then just fly around spotting. Can't see that's going to attract many new CV players.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts
46 minutes ago, rising_uk said:

Ooo! Thank you for this, I'm grinding the CV lines and didn't realise this might be why I'm getting such low rewards. So do bugger all first half of the game then just fly around spotting. Can't see that's going to attract many new CV players.

This was not so after rework release, but after the "hotfixes"  MrConway said WG would look into CV economy but clearly haven't yet.

• Cool 1

Players
185 posts
21,970 battles
13 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

That is why i repeat that the time to act for a CV is mid-late game when enemy ship AA modules are busted from the  surface battle and surviving ships are heavy damaged and scattered. You then face far less deadly AA and can actually kill ships with your attacks. Even become deciding in the match outcome.

Thank you for the answer/answers. I didn´t know that the planes are treated like the other consumables, good hint and yes, I maybe should use a little more patience about attacking ships, good hint.

What you do up to mid-game is your concern. I only insist you do not lose many aircraft up to then. Me, i use rocket fighters to map the entire enemy fleet by bee lining just outsiade their AA range. When i find DD i look if the friendly DD is enganging ( and perma-spotting ) it and help in it's demise. Other things to do is check for solo warrior BB's that can be attacked without much aircraft loss. Things to avoid ofcourse are AA cruisers and tight formations ships and therefor of combined and deadly AA.

Thats my approach too but the transition from spotting to attacking might be a little too early   ;-)

But you are right this will not actually solve getting far less credits then other ships, for doing the same damage. Not before costs, and not after costs. It is just too few credits any way. One of the reasons i use CV way less now, tey are not as profitable as other ships that just make 100k after costs for mediocre performance. Not lose 30 K for winning and 3rd place.

Yes, exactly.

Maybe it is on purpose, a mechanic with which WG wants to discourage to keep playing CV after you bought air supply boxes to unlock them, untill CV use is normalized. But CV numbers are already low on the higher tiers. I wonder if unlocking high tier UK ones will change that. Doesn't look like it.

The so called "Rework" is still a fail imho, CVs are just a way, as being a solo player, to get more independant from the average brainless action on the surface...

Players
185 posts
21,970 battles
12 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

This was not so after rework release, but after the "hotfixes"  MrConway said WG would look into CV economy but clearly haven't yet.

That is a frequent habit of MrConway/WG ^^

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,506 battles

3 midway games (running premium acc and zulu flag):

1. (loss)

dmg: 124k

planes lost: 59

profit: +103k

2. (loss)

dmg: 147k

planes lost: 63

profit: +140k

3. (win)

dmg: 145k

planes lost: 30

profit: +233k

Economy looks fine to me, nothing to complain.

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,454 battles

I am literally earning ~half a million credits per match in high tier CVs.

WITHOUT premium.

Git gud. If anything high tier CV economy is laughably inflated.

• Funny 1

Players
185 posts
21,970 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

I am literally earning ~half a million credits per match in high tier CVs.

WITHOUT premium.

irrelevant...  stick to the above example

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,454 battles
9 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

The above example shows you lose a negligible amount of credits when you have done literally nothing worthwhile the entire game with premium.

Heck, even -100k without premium is more than tolerable in this scenario.

Your example shows perfectly how inflated CV economy currently is.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
54 minutes ago, _TinPan_ said:

The above example shows how someone can be basically be AFK the whole game for all the good they did, have their automated AA shoot down a couple planes and still end up without a massive loss because reasons

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,454 battles
1 minute ago, s73r01d said:

With Hakuryu?

If you were to deal as much damage as I with the Midway I'm sure the economy would give you roughly the same rewards.

What you're implying has literally nothing to do with the economy of CVs.

Players
38 posts

I guess you didn't got my point.

From my experience Haku is so so handicapped as of now that its not possible to do anything. The only thing that do some damage is 2 TBs wave, and you are teethless against smart DDs who can dodge those 2 torpedoes. However 2 Topr per wave is not fun to play due to very slow aiming time + dispersion on turns.

I would be glad to have an opinion about the ship from experienced CV player as you, I have only T4/6 IJN/RN and Hakuryu, re bough her after last buff and still got disappointed

• Funny 1

[OCG]
Beta Tester
151 posts
11,069 battles
11 minutes ago, s73r01d said:

From my experience Haku is so so handicapped as of now that its not possible to do anything. The only thing that do some damage is 2 TBs wave, and you are teethless against smart DDs who can dodge those 2 torpedoes. However 2 Topr per wave is not fun to play due to very slow aiming time + dispersion on turns.

I would be glad to have an opinion about the ship from experienced CV player as you, I have only T4/6 IJN/RN and Hakuryu, re bough her after last buff and still got disappointed

This is why @El2aZeR is saying that your point has nothing to do with the economy of CVs. This is related to the carrier balance itself (at least I guess !). But yeah, actually, T10 carriers need a better balance, Midway by reducing its HE bombs/rockets capacities, or improving Hakuryu, who knows ? WG is not able to balance them properly so... (The same problem goes with T8 carriers by the way...)

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,454 battles
13 minutes ago, s73r01d said:

5 minutes ago, HaganeNoKaze said:

This is why @El2aZeR is saying that your point has nothing to do with the economy of CVs. This is related to the carrier balance itself (at least I guess !).

Precisely this.

• Cool 1