Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Catanonia

Issues with Secondaries not firing.

25 comments in this topic

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles

I have been playing for sometime and had no issues since a computer rebuild and re-install of WOW, but now this is a very annoying problem and wondered if someone could help me.

I cannot for the life of me get my secondaries to fire. No matter what I do, whether they are auto or manual select via CTRL click as a captain skill.

On Bismark I have manual secondaries and used to CTRL click a ship to fire them. This just does not work. CTRL click on the ship in the main screen does nothing. It used to hightlight the ship to say it has been selected and the secondaries would fire. Nothing happens now, the ship does not even get selected and of course the secondaries don't fire

What is even stranger is that on my Carolina, it is auto secondaries and they just don't fire, when they should be auto even when 1km from an enemy ship.

I am in range and I haven't changed any control bindings.

Can someone help me please as I cannot work this out.

Thanks

Catanonia.

[CATS]
Players
26,100 posts
14,098 battles

Even if you do not change your keyboard bindings, there were cases were they did change.

Just check your settings to make sure.

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
435 posts
1,644 battles

did you accidentally hit the P key and disable the secondaries?

I know its probably already checked...but you never know

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles

Thanks for the replies.

1. I have checked the settings->controls and CTRL is bound for free cursor as normal

2. P has not been pressed, ie air secondaries and normal secondaries are active. One of the 1st things I checked to make sure they were on.

So confusing.

Thanks

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,647 battles

and third time for luck....

Did you  hit P to prevent secondaries from firing? 

Sorry had to do it :)

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles
Just now, philjd said:

and third time for luck....

Did you  hit P to prevent secondaries from firing? 

Sorry had to do it :)

yup checked and not that :)

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles
6 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Do you have a replay file? 
Are you sure that the ships are in your secondary range?

No replays, just been into a battle, Bismark secondary build and was 7KM from a enemy with manual secondaries.pressing CTRL released the mouse, but clicking the ship did nothing, time and time again and so no secondaries firing.

Normally you get an icon on the ship you click to tell you it was selected, nadda.

Check P as well, nothing, was all good and active.

Checked and reset the key bindings as well.

Going to de-install and re-install the game and see if that clears it up.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
6,339 battles
3 minutes ago, Catanonia said:

No replays, just been into a battle, Bismark secondary build and was 7KM from a enemy with manual secondaries.pressing CTRL released the mouse, but clicking the ship did nothing, time and time again and so no secondaries firing.

Normally you get an icon on the ship you click to tell you it was selected, nadda.

Check P as well, nothing, was all good and active.

Checked and reset the key bindings as well.

Going to de-install and re-install the game and see if that clears it up.

Weird. Latest patch did bring quite some bugs though.
Hopefully a reinstall solves it for you :)

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

did you check and see if you'd accidentally given secondary guncrews shore leave and then left port without  them? :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles
54 minutes ago, EmilyKing said:

did you check and see if you'd accidentally given secondary guncrews shore leave and then left port without  them? :Smile_veryhappy:

hahahahahahaha :)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Afaik there is a rare bug floating around with secondaries not firing. Nothing really you can do about it except hoping it goes as mysteriously as it arrived.

But just to make sure,: you are aware that secondaries have firing angles aswell and depending on where the secondaries are mounted on a ship won't physically be able to bring their guns to bear if you're angled in too hard, right?

[I-J-N]
Players
4,113 posts

Just checking if you IIRC right click on the target. A ship which is targeted manually for secondaries will show on 'A' icon.

I'm having odd experiences with manual AA. Can't get them to activate by clicking on a squadron, yet they do work nonetheless. Just not sure if I am wasting 4 pts on that....

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles

Ok a re-install has seemed to fix it. Now when I CTRL click a ship, I get the normal A above it and the secondaries fire.

Also auto secondaries are working as well.

I have done nothing to the ships, just de-installed the whole game and re-installed.

Wonder if it will happen again.

Thanks all.

[CATS]
Players
26,100 posts
14,098 battles
11 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I'm having odd experiences with manual AA. Can't get them to activate by clicking on a squadron, yet they do work nonetheless. Just not sure if I am wasting 4 pts on that....

Not odd.

That was changed on the 31th January...

Just read the description of the skill sgain...

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,113 posts
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Not odd.

That was changed on the 31th January...

Just read the description of the skill sgain...

Ah.. blimey.. so it's still automatic (called 'manual') that simply strengthens the AA? :Smile_hiding: Well.. cheers! Now I have to figure out if it is worth 4 pts or not, I guess that depends on the ship.

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
435 posts
1,644 battles
3 hours ago, Catanonia said:

Ok a re-install has seemed to fix it. Now when I CTRL click a ship, I get the normal A above it and the secondaries fire.

Also auto secondaries are working as well.

I have done nothing to the ships, just de-installed the whole game and re-installed.

Wonder if it will happen again.

Thanks all.

next time before doing a whole new reinstall try and use the launcher to repair the game files, might save a bit of time.

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles

UPDATE : I have worked it out.

When you (or I) click on a right on a ship, I find I have to click the actual ship health bar and then the A appears and secondaries happen.

Not sure why this is happening, it is as if the click box is changing after a while.

I had re-installed and clicking on the circle around the ship worked, then today it stopped working again and I figure out, click the ship health bar and volia it worked.

Doesn't explain why auto secondaries don't work.

Very very strange and I am sure there is a bug here that appears after quite a few battles.

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles
On 3/12/2019 at 8:51 PM, conductiv said:

next time before doing a whole new reinstall try and use the launcher to repair the game files, might save a bit of time.

Didn't work

[BBMM]
Players
5,768 posts
7,316 battles
1 hour ago, Catanonia said:

Doesn't explain why auto secondaries don't work.

Yes it does. When you have MANUAL secondaries, they WILL NOT FIRE unless you click a ship.

So basically when you have the manual secondaries skill, you HAVE TO click a ship or they just drink tea.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Secondary_Armament

1. Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament (4 skill points) reduces the dispersion of secondary armament by -15% for ships of Tiers I-VI, and -60% for ships of Tiers VII-X. This dispersion bonus only applies to the manually focused target that the captain has selected by holding CTRL and left-clicking. Additionally, ships under the command of commanders with this skill will NOT fire their secondary guns at any target other than the one selected as a focus target, regardless of range.

:cap_rambo:

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles
17 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yes it does. When you have MANUAL secondaries, they WILL NOT FIRE unless you click a ship.

So basically when you have the manual secondaries skill, you HAVE TO click a ship or they just drink tea.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Secondary_Armament

1. Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament (4 skill points) reduces the dispersion of secondary armament by -15% for ships of Tiers I-VI, and -60% for ships of Tiers VII-X. This dispersion bonus only applies to the manually focused target that the captain has selected by holding CTRL and left-clicking. Additionally, ships under the command of commanders with this skill will NOT fire their secondary guns at any target other than the one selected as a focus target, regardless of range.

:cap_rambo:

You missed my original post.

On Bismark I have manual secondaries and found I have to (after some time) click the health bar of a ship and not the actual ship circle to activate them. This works

On another ship with auto secondaries, sometimes they won't fire and manually clicking of course does nothing.

I still think there is a bug. Why would this week clicking the circle around a ship work and then suddenly I have to click the ships health bar to activate manuals. It is a cursor hit box issue.

[BBMM]
Players
5,768 posts
7,316 battles
2 hours ago, Catanonia said:

You missed my original post.

On Bismark I have manual secondaries and found I have to (after some time) click the health bar of a ship and not the actual ship circle to activate them. This works

On another ship with auto secondaries, sometimes they won't fire and manually clicking of course does nothing.

I still think there is a bug. Why would this week clicking the circle around a ship work and then suddenly I have to click the ships health bar to activate manuals. It is a cursor hit box issue.

Well  there goes me thinking I am smart. I did know about the health bar though.

Sometimes clicking the ship works, usually you have to click the bar.

Also, on some ships I have (Hood, for example) the auto-secondaries only work when I show enough side. 

When a ship is very close but right in front, they'll not shoot. They only open up when it is on one side, sort of.

So, maybe this is about the angle that the secondaries can reach and cannot reach. 

But I'm kinda sure that it's a bug, as you already said. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this