You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

British Aircraft Carriers: Unique Characteristics

33 comments in this topic

Players
59 posts
16,806 battles

Tier IV is a f*cking joke to play: every time bottom in score card, due to hardly any damage done!

Tier VI still short in florins, but expecting same bad results.

I am veteran CV player pre 0.8.0 and had already no expectations of the reworks. So far, they seem confirmed. Sigh, better take the CV line out of game if you want people remain playing......

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
104 posts
4,934 battles

while the T4 carriers arent supposed to be good the T6 Furious is a Disaster! only the Torpedo bomber squadron is realy usable, the carpet bomb mechanic might be unique but on Furious you its like cheap firework and the rockets are underwhelming too. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[B_O_S]
[B_O_S]
Players
21 posts
8,330 battles

I played 2 games with Hermes its disaster and why biplanes have rockets ???

Still nothing improved with stering CV itself ,and why still i cannot send squadrons to certain location then they are staying there while i am stering CV and planes have to return to CV while am controling CV.

And in situation of defending u are dead, same they did as with artys in Wot its defenceless now mostly.

Rework for me is disaster in total in total i played on CV's  15 battles and since released patch 0.8.0 and i dont want to play them cus they are not playable for me anymore.

I am not Vet on CV's but previously in total i played 351 battles and i enjoyed this.

1 arcade = 0 tactic which stering is bad as it is in World of Warplanes.

2 Very boring = 1 attack squadron dead and swich to another 1 and same over and over and over.

and previously i had to send all squadrons of CV to dmg or sink well protected by AA ship now i have 1 squadron which is not even able to reach target cus it destroyed before by good AA ship so HUGE nerf to CVs.

3 New mode should be add on to old RTS type i should have possibility in RTS mode to tak manual contorl over squadron.

4 this was made for consoles release tests and  made us experimental rabbits for it.

5 after expired premium Acc i stoped buying enything in premium shop including premium acc.

6 Why WG forcing new CV rework, when all experienced players are against it (myslef beta player).

7 Final thought iF they follow a path like they did in wot i will stop play totaly.

• Cool 3

[LIGMA]
Alpha Tester
77 posts
1,770 battles

Tried CV before the rework and it was crap.

Tried CV after the rework and it is not crap any more. ITS WORSE.

So bring on the British CV's.

I won't be playing them.

Nor any other nations CV's for that matter.

Get rid of them altogether.

• Cool 3

Players
4 posts
4,603 battles

I thought the same about old CVs. But then I played a bit and started to get better and better till finally almost unicum CV player. Before 8.0.0 CVs game play was fun, fresh and different from other ships. Two game in one.

Now CV sucks and are totally broken. T4 don't even want to speak about it. T6 and T8 are playable but they have no punch anymore. Fly, hit dd with rockets, hit BBs with bombs, then if some BB is stupid enough to be far from team you can try torpedo run but 2 hits are average per run and they do virtually no damage. If you sucks as CV driver no impact to your team, if you don't no impact to your team. I forgot about enemy CVs counter actions. Place fighters somewhere randomly. They do nothing. Crap, crap, crap.

I have 3 year in this game. Lots of premium ships, lots of money spend and I will not pay any penny more to be test rabbit and to play this junk. You know WoG where you can kiss me.

• Cool 6

[B_O_S]
[B_O_S]
Players
21 posts
8,330 battles
6 minutes ago, Piotr_T80 said:

I thought the same about old CVs. But then I played a bit and started to get better and better till finally almost unicum CV player. Before 8.0.0 CVs game play was fun, fresh and different from other ships. Two game in one.

Now CV sucks and are totally broken. T4 don't even want to speak about it. T6 and T8 are playable but they have no punch anymore. Fly, hit dd with rockets, hit BBs with bombs, then if some BB is stupid enough to be far from team you can try torpedo run but 2 hits are average per run and they do virtually no damage. If you sucks as CV driver no impact to your team, if you don't no impact to your team. I forgot about enemy CVs counter actions. Place fighters somewhere randomly. They do nothing. Crap, crap, crap.

I have 3 year in this game. Lots of premium ships, lots of money spend and I will not pay any penny more to be test rabbit and to play this junk. You know WoG where you can kiss me.

i totaly agree my cvs are museum ships now no point to sell them not playable esspecialy my saipan

• Cool 2

Players
853 posts
907 battles
46 minutes ago, Smegger213 said:

Tried CV after the rework and it is not crap any more. ITS WORSE.

WoWS appears to be covering their ears to all non-favourable comments on the CV rework. Ostriches who stick their head in a sandhole don't last too long.

• Cool 4

Players
499 posts
12 minutes ago, antean said:

WoWS appears to be covering their ears to all non-favourable comments on the CV rework. Ostriches who stick their head in a sandhole don't last too long. 

I saw @The_EURL_Guy in a video not long ago. He looks human but obviously he doesn't listen to player feedback. He pretends to do so, adrift in a world of his own. :)

I wish to congratulate him and the WG team with one great Freddie Mercury song - The Great Pretender:

• Funny 3

[B_O_S]
[B_O_S]
Players
21 posts
8,330 battles
7 minutes ago, antean said:

they are aware of that. their game became a crap

• Cool 4

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,204 battles

Just got the Inplacable... have to say next to my lexington it feels lackluster... its bombs are the only positive (wow) the torps are weak as piss the rockets are useless... the bombs are good but only against other CVs or big lumbering battleships who stay alone... anything else in groups melts its planes just as well as the Lexington or the Shokaku looses planes... exception being that if you loose a full squadron you are though out of luck and left behind with crippled strike forces.... really not sure why this is this weak, the Furious was meh but I was like yeah T6 usually feels meh... this? feels outright underpowered 

Players
499 posts
3 minutes ago, E4GLEyE said:

Just got the Inplacable... have to say next to my lexington it feels lackluster... its bombs are the only positive (wow) the torps are weak as piss the rockets are useless... the bombs are good but only against other CVs or big lumbering battleships who stay alone... anything else in groups melts its planes just as well as the Lexington or the Shokaku looses planes... exception being that if you loose a full squadron you are though out of luck and left behind with crippled strike forces.... really not sure why this is this weak, the Furious was meh but I was like yeah T6 usually feels meh... this? feels outright underpowered  

Did you take evasive maneuvers? :cap_hmm::cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,204 battles
21 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Did you take evasive maneuvers? :cap_hmm::cap_haloween:

you bet :d and also built its captain for + plane HP and -10% damage from cont. AAA to maximize on the HP "strength" of the planes... but yeah... not really satisfied but will accept that it might just need a very different approach than the other CVs (so far my conclusion is to go counter CV with it... might be the only viable task for her)

quick edit: I am liking the overall rework and the new gameplay that came with the CVs... its just that the Brits feel... weird :d 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SE_WO]
Players
230 posts
19,483 battles
13 hours ago, VenividiviciNL said:

Tier IV is a f*cking joke to play: every time bottom in score card, due to hardly any damage done!

Tier VI still short in florins, but expecting same bad results.

I am veteran CV player pre 0.8.0 and had already no expectations of the reworks. So far, they seem confirmed. Sigh, better take the CV line out of game if you want people remain playing......

yes me to ! BEFORE 080 almost always finished in the top 3 , now I am ALWAYS in the last place in T 4  old RTS was just ok and was fun to get good at  . even co op is less fun without sinking the bot CV and downing a few planes . If I  was a new bee to this mess and worked up to T 4 and got a CV , I would just give it up and play some other arcade game before wasting anymore time and god forbid wasting money on a CV  .  THAY ARE NOT FUN ! and that is all that matters here !

• Cool 1

[DMPVE]
Players
204 posts

It’s getting worse and worse, the CV balancing is a total mess. They are not fun to play, and the amount of time and skill is higher than with other classes yet it’s still repetitive, boring, nontactical play.

Stop releasing more CVs and fix the mess first. I had even more fun playing the RTS style than this (albeit it was broken too)

• Cool 3

Players
606 posts

Well, not to p*ss on everyone's pity party but...

I wasn't expecting to like the new playstyle. I never really invested time to learn the old system because of the pending rework, but loved the RTS element 'game-within-a-game' aspect of it. I miss not having that option, and I feel that the new system is a rather 'dumbed down arcade' style.

HOWEVER, playing as a support class, especially for your DD's, I haven't found the Hermes to be too bad so far. No, it's not propelling me to the top of the scoreboard, and no, if I fail to plan ahead and/or my team crumbles, I am limited in what I can do defensively. But... its DB's are downright nasty against DD's. The RP's are OK as fire starters on BB's and can chunk some damage on less manoeuvrable cruisers. The TB's provide anaemic alpha but can DoT reasonably well if you aim for bow/stern. The only game I had issues with plane survivability was mostly my own fault - TWICE I failed to notice a fighter spawn over a cruiser, and so lost a lot of planes (3 both times - 6 in all) to them which when added to normal AA rng 'bleed' was crippling. And once you figure it out, AA damage can be significantly mitigated!

Basically, you have lost the Alpha strike, but as long as you are wise in where you scout and strike (sometimes delaying or not making the last strike with a squad so you can continue to spot that DD for your team to finish off. Yes, damage in game is not great, but meaningful damage is IMHO a high percentage of that, and likewise with spotting. And things like capping in your CV are still more than achievable :Smile-_tongue:!!!!!

I think the biggest issue is that you are perhaps more so than with any other class reliant on your team to not eff-up. And again, you needing to be alert as to where to support/spot/call target etc.

So, respectfully, I'd suggest getting of the whine train, buck up and either learn the CV's and play them, or don't learn them and stop moaning :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,960 posts
11,610 battles

CV gameplay is not that great, in fact the whole rework has put me right off cv's and seeing one in battle now just ruins the game for me - so I'd rather be back in port choosing another ship hoping there's not a cv in the next battle. Just being honest, I'm truly not excited by the change to cv's overall, I think WG have taken the game a number of steps back instead of enhancing it and it's made me rethink how much I feel like playing it now and the truth is, not much.

Playing cv's just feels 'stupid' (intelligent feedback for you) and playing dd's with cv's in the lineup feel pointless. Some like the cv's, some don't, whether it results in some players losing interest in the game because they feel its deteriorated overall who knows, but I personally can't see how cv's will draw in any new players...it was a noble idea to rework them, but they were better as they were than compared to how they are now.

• Cool 4

Players
43 posts
8,470 battles

I'm one of those that like generally like the CV rework.  I've been doing OK in them and quite well in the Ranger.

However, I've been having a hard time in the Hermes.  I've found it hard to understand why I'm so much less effective in it than the other CVs.  Attacking ships with rockets hardly seems to have any effect.

Then this article comes along and explains it: "... at Tiers IV and VI, the best course of action is to use attack aircraft as a secondary tool. "  The way I would rephrase this is "we've included some rocket planes, but they're inept so just don't use them".  I would have preferred to hear of this a little sooner, so I could have saved myself the futile effort of learning to use them properly.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
59 posts
16,806 battles
2 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

Well, not to p*ss on everyone's pity party but...

I wasn't expecting to like the new playstyle. I never really invested time to learn the old system because of the pending rework, but loved the RTS element 'game-within-a-game' aspect of it. I miss not having that option, and I feel that the new system is a rather 'dumbed down arcade' style.

HOWEVER, playing as a support class, especially for your DD's, I haven't found the Hermes to be too bad so far. No, it's not propelling me to the top of the scoreboard, and no, if I fail to plan ahead and/or my team crumbles, I am limited in what I can do defensively. But... its DB's are downright nasty against DD's. The RP's are OK as fire starters on BB's and can chunk some damage on less manoeuvrable cruisers. The TB's provide anaemic alpha but can DoT reasonably well if you aim for bow/stern. The only game I had issues with plane survivability was mostly my own fault - TWICE I failed to notice a fighter spawn over a cruiser, and so lost a lot of planes (3 both times - 6 in all) to them which when added to normal AA rng 'bleed' was crippling. And once you figure it out, AA damage can be significantly mitigated!

Basically, you have lost the Alpha strike, but as long as you are wise in where you scout and strike (sometimes delaying or not making the last strike with a squad so you can continue to spot that DD for your team to finish off. Yes, damage in game is not great, but meaningful damage is IMHO a high percentage of that, and likewise with spotting. And things like capping in your CV are still more than achievable :Smile-_tongue:!!!!!

I think the biggest issue is that you are perhaps more so than with any other class reliant on your team to not eff-up. And again, you needing to be alert as to where to support/spot/call target etc.

So, respectfully, I'd suggest getting of the whine train, buck up and either learn the CV's and play them, or don't learn them and stop moaning :Smile_honoring:

Dear mate,

In previous postings I made clear that pre rework CV game play needed adjustments related to their spotting capabilities, air time and to a certain amount also their Alpha damage. So far the spotting issue is still an issue for DD's as the planes move with light speed over the MM. Together with the unlimited planes you can indeed perform for your team (which I always do/did), but where are the tactics as you do not have to consider how to deploy your planes as they are unlimited. In the old systems you carefully planned your movements to prevent loss of ALL your planes.

To my opinion the reworks are NOT asking very much skill from the player. Looking at the current AA defences and the downfall of damage output by my planes, I rather prefer less planes (=old system) and an increase of my damage output to compensate for that. Consider the fact that tier 4, 6 and 8 are struggling at the moment and have only one real option, which is spotting.

The patches so far led to nerfing unconsidered/unwanted glitches of certain CV's, exploited by their players. CV's are an integral part of WoWs and its tactics, but which I miss completely in the current gameplay. 

I am not whining about losing my previous RTS gameplay, but disappointed about the developments made by WG how to REALLY solve the issue. From what I see on YT, read on forums and encounter during my games I think it is going the wrong way, despite the fact that a few players enjoy the new gameplay; but for how long?

• Cool 3

Players
606 posts
4 hours ago, VenividiviciNL said:

I am not whining about losing my previous RTS gameplay, but disappointed about the developments made by WG how to REALLY solve the issue. From what I see on YT, read on forums and encounter during my games I think it is going the wrong way, despite the fact that a few players enjoy the new gameplay; but for how long?

No, that's OK, and maybe it is going the wrong way... but I honestly can't say from my limited experience. FWIW, I would have rather have seen the existing play-style tweaked, but that's not really the point here.

IMHO, I sometimes wonder if we get too hung up on how WG 'didn't do what we wanted them to do' and so see the resulting 'fixTM' through biased eyes... and create so much fluff of complaints that we lose sight of the fact that the fix has actually improved things (if it has).

I suppose what it really comes down to is that 'time' and further 'balance tweaksTM' and the future playerbase size/retention will be what defines the success of this rework... not us now complaining or praising different elements of the gameplay style. I mean, of course, feedback helps - that's what they need to 'fix' it. But (and this isn't to you btw, just an observation) moaning incessantly (or waging a solo 'CV rework hate campaign' with downvotes and negative comments) only discredits your opinions, however justified or on point some of them may be Antean... I'm looking at you here.

Thanks for the considered reply though - fair seas :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,204 battles
6 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

slit

before rework the CV for me was something I rather watch than play... Now it quickly became something I love to play as.

Why I moan on the brits is exactly because in my T8 Lexington I can make games with (tho still low compared to unicums) 70-100k DMG and feel like overall I helped the team in pushing or defending a side. Holding back DDs, spotting targets for friendlies and punishing anything with DB strikes (except tX Ca and Cls :D those keep deleting squadrons if you get close) after that the Brit t8 just feels like a flat tyre. But as soon as I get home I will put myself in the Inplacable and hit the wall with my head until I figure her out.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3