hamed_pour

CVs are terrible to play against!

75 comments in this topic

[SPAI]
Players
25 posts
3,954 battles

Dear WG,

The game was fun when CVs were few and far between to deal with. Recently they have made the game a burden to play.

I would like to join the many players out there that have expressed their disdain in having to deal with the sea pigs (reference to WoT Arty here. Not that the players are pigs).

Thank you 

• Cool 19
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[CATS]
Players
26,218 posts
14,123 battles
7 hours ago, hamed_pour said:

The game was fun when CVs were few and far between to deal with. Recently they have made the game a burden to play.

Then learn to play against them.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 12

[SPAI]
Players
25 posts
3,954 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

That is actually a sound advice sir. We did learn to play against them a few years ago, mostly through playing the US line with heavy AA specs ... they still made the game a bad experience. if a t10 CV wants to kill you, you can be in a AA-spec Des Moines with bling consumables and he will still take you down. If he is good he wont even break a sweat. But sadly I can't get all my ships to be a DM. Never mind the spotting issues if you're in a light CL or a DD, but just having a good CV pilot of either side will make that game pretty one sided.

modern changes are less horrible then the cross dropping day of the past, but I was in a t10 AA spec Conqueror yesterday hugging a friendly North Carolina, and the new CVs made short work of me. You can imagine how things go when  one is in a t8 ship.  

Your argument sir is sound, but I also believe that CV make the game worse for the majority of the player base that are here to play warships and not warplanes 

• Cool 10
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,218 posts
14,123 battles

You still play a ship.

The biggest mistake vs CV is to be too static.

Keep moving, do not sail alone and use sector focus.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,445 posts

What CV's ?

The Exeter missions ( tier 5 + ) need 30 shot down aircraft and there were mass complaints it almost could not be done.....lol. I still have weekely missions left after 5 days of playing that are about shooting down aircraft.

To me stating that is is hard to play against CV must mean you play tier 4 or 5 where you sometimes still see 3 CV per side in a random match. Against that there is no playstyle, its a WG mistake.

Above those tiers CV are pretty rare, nerfed so their aiming is wonky and damage is low, and Cruiser/Battleship AA + fighter consumable defences strong enough to kill most aircraft. That is why the CV are rare there...If your complaint is above tier 6, then indeed it is "L2P"

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[GUNUP]
Players
3 posts
5,740 battles

Seems to me with the CV rework there saying there hard to play against do to much damage etc etc so WG increase AA Nerf torp damage  and stealth drops for T10 ijn cv nerf rockets for ijn across the board .

Now i am a new CV player RN cvs only and i will say this AT T 6 with there AA off i cannot spot a DD at a range  close enough to make an attack run against with rockets this is due to having to be 4 km away to start run due to the poor  no fly attack section you have when starting a run  an icarus with aa off is not spotted until 2.5km at tier 8 im lucky to get off an attack run at all due to the strength of the AA and the clustering of ships the server yes i have good games 50k to 80k damage in a cv against a really bad team on average i get 20k maybe . if its a good team or or tier 8 match i may as well quit and go to port as ill get under 10k i will say im and average player at best in all my ships 

but people want to cry about the rework to much harassment yes i agree  there where certain changes that needed to be made in the name of balance but we should stop crying about it and let WG try to do there job but from a new CV players point of view i shall list a few things 

1. WG will not remove them to many prem CV have been sold i doubt they would refund the players

2. gone are the days when a CV could wipe you clean out with one full torp attack They now chip damage only the Same cant be said for DDs Deep Water torps  looking at you its not as if we do not have to face walls of skill on a regular basis

3.2 cv in one match is bad even though i play them its still true there should only be one max

4 .with only 4 CV tiers in game a tier 4 should never see a tier 6 a tier 6 should never see tier 8 a tier 8 should never see a tier 9 i think the aa is to strong for there planes to cope 

5.we have learned to deal with with an awful lot of changes and features and gimicks for different ships we have seen buffs giving to ships  to deal with power creep that has appeared heaven helps us when the  RU BBS arrive 

6. in a lot of tiers CV are under performing IMO or maybe i am just really bad and should stop playing them 

7. cvs are still rare there may be a few more about but i may see one when im not playing mine once every 5 games or so when i do play mine im seeing 2 cvs every other game is this a bit much as i mentioned before yes but i have also seen 2 cv games where there have been 6 DDs perside u know your it will be a quick game

8 WG need to decide where they want to see CVs on the score board top very rarely middle i would be happy there but i see them either top or at the very bottom and thats team depent yes would i like them buffed damage rate no i would not plane turn rate  yes it might give us a better chance  with all the extra aa and flack clouds with out having to abuse the map borders for a swift plae bounce oh and are you aware that when making an attack run your other planes get totally shredded they just fly though everything :) 

These are only mine opinions i will either learn to cope stop playing them and have them looking pretty in my port 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,445 posts

Well i must say there were a lot of CV again this evening in my matches, 2 per side at tier 8+.Must have been hell on the DD players, i killed 1-2 per match with rockets myself in the matches i was in a CV.

When playing in DD there were CV too that tried to kill me but i know how to handle rocket planes, just go to where they want to come out of their turn, then they cannot fire yet and fly over without being able to do anything every pass.  But as smart as that may be, i was targetted upon being spotted by those aircraft and used a lot of room  to go where they come out of a turn.......and shot out of the water by enemy cruisers and destroyers....so much for being able to not recieve any rockets....you can't dodge rockets, torpedo's and shell fire all at the same time.

Maybe caps early game is not where you should be nowadays. It is where anyone expects you to be, where you will be hunted by aircraft, enemy destroyers and enemy cruisers. It requires another strategy that not incoperates rushing to a cap, staying under cruiser AA umbrella just a little longer as you know rocket fighters are searching for you the first minutes of a match.

As CV i saw DD deliberatly luring me into AA cruiser fire, using themselves as bait. Such tactics i want to be able to employ too in a DD. Working on that....

• Cool 1

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Maybe caps early game is not where you should be nowadays. It is where anyone expects you to be, where you will be hunted by aircraft, enemy destroyers and enemy cruisers. It requires another strategy that not incoperates rushing to a cap, staying under cruiser AA umbrella just a little longer as you know rocket fighters are searching for you the first minutes of a match.

As CV i saw DD deliberatly luring me into AA cruiser fire, using themselves as bait. Such tactics i want to be able to employ too in a DD. Working on that....

I totally agree, DDs have now to be patient, and be smart in the way they move accross the map.

As a DD, I wait for the CV to be busy focusing another target to contest caps now.

A lot of people complain about how it is now hard to play against CVs, but they forgot how painful it was before.

The main problem is just they still didn't change their playstyle.

You cannot continue playing like before and expect everything will be fine.

And people really should realize how important is the sector reinforcement. It really really makes a huge difference if used properly..

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1 post
3,283 battles

you cannot play against c.v ? c.v has been nerved to the ground . 

played a cruiser after rework, and the torp bombers came, and I was shocked at how many planes and easily they droped out the sky,  before rework they could wipe you out, in one sortie with a flood, and c.v only lose a couple of planes.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,445 posts
3 hours ago, dennis_the_menace_ said:

you cannot play against c.v ? c.v has been nerved to the ground . 

played a cruiser after rework, and the torp bombers came, and I was shocked at how many planes and easily they droped out the sky,  before rework they could wipe you out, in one sortie with a flood, and c.v only lose a couple of planes.

You do not target cruisers in the first half of the match, you avoid them.....cruisers are for other ships to sink.

Late match you can attack them if they are the only survivors .....chances are their AA modules are busted and their AA has weakened and they do not have many hitpoints left.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,284 battles

I actualy think since the last patch that the game is as balanced as it ever will be. You are pretty safe in a DD in most situations if you turn your AA off. He has to park planes ontop of you in order to spot you and it isnt far enough for him to be able to strike you with rockets, especially not if youre turning. I dont even bother going after DDs in my CVs, or atleast not in japanese or british CVs. American CVs are quite effective against DDs still.

The biggest issue I have with CVs right now is when youre playing a low AA BB, especially if its also slow. Your teammates will run away from you and you cant defend yourself. Thankfully most of these ships have atleast the fighter consumable, one ship doesnt and that is the Fuso, which is borderline unplayable now.

[ROT8]
Beta Tester
170 posts
10,265 battles

most ships are ok and you can make yourself not to interesting target by making the CV work hard to line up his drops. Or if you are blessed with a ship with good AA rating, you can even go full CV troll build if you so please.

but in some ships, they can be royal pain in the stern. Had a recent example in my nelson, its slow, not a hell alot of armor, and she doesnt exactly turn on a dime either. And not to mention, no AA that is significant to anything but a tier 6 CV. Now in that game i was blessed with a middle spawn, so their tier 8 CV caught me trying to catch up with the other ships. 
Real fun, beeing bombed for about 3 mins and theres really nothing you can do. You can dodge the first drop, but not the 2nd and 3rd, not to mention the next set of bombers thats on top of you before you even reached top speed again.

Next time that happens ill just stop the ship, head to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea and hope its done when im back.

• Funny 1

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,163 battles

"CVs are terrible to play against!"

I agree, dear WG - Please implement Submarines as soon as possible to counter CV`s ( and all other ships ).

Please dont let us wait one entire year for the holy Uboats. Thank you.

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[BOTZ]
Players
344 posts
20,494 battles
On 3/11/2019 at 5:59 AM, ColonelPete said:

Yes @ColonelPete, it's not so bad when you concentrate most of your time at T7, but up at T10....not so good for a dd. So your argument is invalid.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,218 posts
14,123 battles
29 minutes ago, Captain_Breeze said:

1 battle does not prove anything. I continue to stick with my point of view. We will just have to disagree.

You were the one trying to argue with my battles...

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[BOTZ]
Players
344 posts
20,494 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You were the one trying to argue with my battles...

You mostly play T7 by your stats.....so what do you expect me to say when you are so sanctimonious with your repeated catch phrase, "Then learn to play against them". 2 CV's in a T10 battle is just OP and terrible to play as a dd.

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
26,218 posts
14,123 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Breeze said:

You mostly play T7 by your stats.....so what do you expect me to say when you are so sanctimonious with your repeated catch phrase, "Then learn to play against them". 2 CV's in a T10 battle is just OP and terrible to play as a dd.

Because that says nothing.

If somebody played 50k Tier VII battles and only 20k Tier X battles (all DD), would your "argument" apply to him too?

[BOTZ]
Players
344 posts
20,494 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Because that says nothing.

If somebody played 50k Tier VII battles and only 20k Tier X battles (all DD), would your "argument" apply to him too?

You haven't done that amount......

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,218 posts
14,123 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Breeze said:

You haven't done that amount......

Still, your argument applies there too, or not?

• Boring 1

[BOTZ]
Players
344 posts
20,494 battles

@ColonelPete, it would depend if that hypothetical person you speak of, uses your catch phrase "Then learn to play against them" to argue that CV's are fine in their current form. If so then I would tell them they are speaking bs.

I do find it easier in lower tiers but the spotting power the CV's have is ridiculous with double CV. Double T10 games are just shocking for dd's. For you to think that's it's fine, just discombobulates me. 

If you suggest that I don't go in straight away and hang back and stay with AA cruisers etc, That defeats the purpose of the dd role, capping, spotting, torping. Of course, I can do it. But if a CV is determined to have you, he'll have you, SIMPLE. So, I don't like them, but hey man, that's just like my opinion man. If you don't like it then I have more opinions. You obviously seem to have even more opinions since you've posted almost 16,000 post's. Don't expect me to retort anymore, as I really can't be arsed, but thanks for your interest.

[CATS]
Players
26,218 posts
14,123 battles
On 3/20/2019 at 6:33 PM, Captain_Breeze said:

@ColonelPete, it would depend if that hypothetical person you speak of, uses your catch phrase "Then learn to play against them" to argue that CV's are fine in their current form. If so then I would tell them they are speaking bs.

I do find it easier in lower tiers but the spotting power the CV's have is ridiculous with double CV. Double T10 games are just shocking for dd's. For you to think that's it's fine, just discombobulates me. 

If you suggest that I don't go in straight away and hang back and stay with AA cruisers etc, That defeats the purpose of the dd role, capping, spotting, torping. Of course, I can do it. But if a CV is determined to have you, he'll have you, SIMPLE. So, I don't like them, but hey man, that's just like my opinion man. If you don't like it then I have more opinions. You obviously seem to have even more opinions since you've posted almost 16,000 post's. Don't expect me to retort anymore, as I really can't be arsed, but thanks for your interest.

So your argument is not an argument. Basicly you think everybody not agreeing to you is talking BS. That is a good premise for any discussion... :fish_palm:

It helps bringing arguments about the point of discussion. *edit*

Thinking that rushing forwards is the only way to play DD clearly shows that.

• Boring 2

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,511 battles

Hiya,

here to remind people to stay respectful and keep it relevant to the thread please thank you :)

Regards,

CptMinia

• Cool 1