Sign in to follow this  
Zigiran

Why do CV players follow enemy CV planes?

6 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,447 battles

I haven't really played the new CV's, so I don't understand this:

Our CV launches planes, enemy CV launches planes. They both move toward the center, then when our CV spots the enemy planes.... he goes in pursuit?

Why are people doing this? Do your rocket/DB/torp planes shoot at enemy planes when close enough?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Zigiran said:

I haven't really played the new CV's, so I don't understand this:

Our CV launches planes, enemy CV launches planes. They both move toward the center, then when our CV spots the enemy planes.... he goes in pursuit?

Why are people doing this? Do your rocket/DB/torp planes shoot at enemy planes when close enough?

They don't. What you can do is pop your fighter consumable on them, however that seems to be a weak way to attempt it

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,109 posts
8,904 battles

They're trying to force them to move away by dropping fighters or making it seem like they're about to.

[BOBS3]
Players
1,008 posts
18,509 battles

I also suspect that some might be looking to 'snipe' at the other CV.

Only the new model has a number of things to prevent this wiping out the enemy carrier, so if this the reason, they are likely to lose their squadron and then complain how over-powered AA & Fighters are!

Edited by Cambera_1
Spelling

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,447 battles
46 minutes ago, domen3 said:

They're trying to force them to move away by dropping fighters or making it seem like they're about to.

I guess is it the latter part, since I often do not see them drop fighters.

Today in a match a friendly CV launched divebombers, flew a few km away, noticed incoming torp bombers for his carrier and he started chasing them... All 3 torp runs long the divebombers were chasing the enemy torp bombers. No fighters were dropped.

It seemed totally useless to me :Smile_amazed:

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,645 battles
4 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

It seemed totally useless to me :Smile_amazed:

Congrats, You have understood the essence of the (weekend) player-base. :Smile_medal:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this