You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zigiran

How long does it take for you to complete these directives?

55 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,479 battles

I'm kinda wondering how long it takes for people to complete these weekly directives.

For me, not a long time player, I am doing it with T5 and T6 ships, it takes about 30 - 40 battles each week.

This is about 10 hours of playing I think? Since I only play about 1 hour on week days, this means I have to do quit a few battles in the weekend.

These directives are starting to feel like a chore.

To be honest... facing 6 more weeks of this? I might get a burn out from this :Smile_sad:

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,458 battles

Don't forget to use the co-op battle option, the last directive had 'win 6 games' easier, quicker and normally better chance of a win in co-op battles than random battles.

• Cool 3

Players
3,220 posts
8 minutes ago, martin035 said:

Don't forget to use the co-op battle option, the last directive had 'win 6 games' easier, quicker and normally better chance of a win in co-op battles than random battles.

I could not have said it better, I inhabit the world of co ops, tend to get flamed in every sense if I venture into randoms, lol

• Cool 2

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,458 battles

Just to add, if the directive is;

Wins

Citidels

Torp hits

Fires

Caps

Main gun hits

Secondary gun hits

Spotting

HP damage 

Then I normally look at co-op battles

If it's;

XP

Commander XP

Credits

Potential damage received 

Planes shot down

Then it's random battles

• Cool 6

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,479 battles

I do use coops too. For example, for the "get 120 secondary hits" mission, I took my kongo in coop for some brawling. Not something I would do in randoms :Smile_veryhappy:

But I need the entire week to do about 40 battles. I don't have time to do anything else (like lvl up a german BB line to get those secondary hit missions).

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,479 battles
6 minutes ago, martin035 said:

Just to add, if the directive is;

Wins

Citidels

Torp hits

Fires

Caps

Main gun hits

Secondary gun hits

Spotting

HP damage 

Then I normally look at co-op battles

If it's;

XP

Commander XP

Credits

Potential damage received 

Planes shot down

Then it's random battles

That sounds like a nice list. But I start playing random to get all the xp, by the time I have that, I finish what is left in coop. Although that is usually only secondary hits and sometimes cap/defend missions.

I have given up on the plane kill missions, those are just :etc_swear:. First you need to get a game with carriers (pray to RNG), then you need the carriers to fly the planes over your ship (pray some more to RNG) and hope they are not some pro's that actually sink your ship (just keeping praying for that RNG).

But how many battles does a directive take in T10 ships?

[TACHA]
Players
1,413 posts
15,600 battles

Agree - though it is quite amusing to one shot the opposing bot Nelson - twice had 5 citadels in one salvo!

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

If I'm really going for it, they can mostly be done quite quickly, the part that slows everything down is that usually you can't do all directives at the same time with one ship, at least not reliably.

If it's something like the current set that I don't care about... I'm not sure if I've completed any :Smile_veryhappy:

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,458 battles
6 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

TBH I look at the ship type/class rather than the tier to complete the directive quicker 

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,479 battles

So far I have done most missions in my Omaha....

Only using the kongo for the secondary hits in coop.

Edit: and I did the spot mission in coop in a CV

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,088 posts
8,430 battles

Depending on the directive criteria it can be anything from 1 gaming session to 1-2 days. Also dependent on how much time I can put into the game ofcourse.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,401 posts

I usually take a day ( 2-3-ish effective gaming hours ) to complete 1 part of weekly 4 part event missions, complete those 2 daily missions for 200 coal and some random stuff, and complete all 3 XP supply boxes.

Those special missions like that of the Exeter in 1-3 days when they are frustrating to achieve like the "shoot 30 aircraft" when there are no CV, and you cannot use CV.....Getting a few million potential damage with cruisers or DD was a good one too, would be childish easy in a BB, but in DD or CL/CA....those ships are not supposed to be shot at that much.

I always start playing for fun in all modes i like without heeding what is actually asked and after some matches go have a looksee what bar does not fill and why. Usually that is the stuff that really needs random and cannot be completed in Operations. Some stuff like capping, cap assist or defence go quicker in Coop, but i dislike Coop for it's ultra low credit and XP rewards as i need shiploads of those to climb the techtree further with all nations and all classes.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,232 battles
3 hours ago, Zigiran said:

To be honest... facing 6 more weeks of this? I might get a burn out from this :Smile_sad:

And you keep paying attention to them? So you are telling us that you would not be playing normally, but these pesky and optional directives, make you play?

Its not like you have to go out of your way to complete them either, normal play with most classes will get you there.

To be honest, if you are burned off this, you need to reevaluate your choice of hobbies, and seek professional help from someone capable in psichology, you are talking about a video game here...

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Players
277 posts
13,198 battles

I generaly already do them just playing regularly. XD

• Cool 1

Players
314 posts
3,605 battles

Ops are a good way to complete money missions, imho - if you know them, you can get the random part out of the equation and you can farm damage and therefore money. That and a ton of special flags/camos.

Took me around 3-4 hours for each phase, mixing ops/random/coop. Ending with coop to ease the pressure and get some fun with DDs  by banzai close torp runs :cap_rambo:

[BHSFL]
Players
3,401 posts
7 minutes ago, bratisla_boy said:

Ops are a good way to complete money missions, imho - if you know them, you can get the random part out of the equation and you can farm damage and therefore money. That and a ton of special flags/camos.

Took me around 3-4 hours for each phase, mixing ops/random/coop. Ending with coop to ease the pressure and get some fun with DDs  by banzai close torp runs :cap_rambo:

Yeah that is maybe the good part of it.....i do not use Cruisers or DD that much, but being forced to by certain mission requirements i get noticably better at playing them by the time i complete those requirements.

Ddin't know IJN DD were fun too.....didn't know why there were 2 types of them in the tech tree.....now i have the impression i do....

[H_FAN]
Players
2,567 posts
40,794 battles
3 hours ago, Zigiran said:

That sounds like a nice list. But I start playing random to get all the xp, by the time I have that, I finish what is left in coop. Although that is usually only secondary hits and sometimes cap/defend missions.

I have given up on the plane kill missions, those are just :etc_swear:. First you need to get a game with carriers (pray to RNG), then you need the carriers to fly the planes over your ship (pray some more to RNG) and hope they are not some pro's that actually sink your ship (just keeping praying for that RNG).

Per battle/min you have more easy to get more damage etc the higher tier you play esp. in coop in DDs you can get high numbers pretty consistent, it is moree diff in cruisers decent in BBs as good DD players tend to kill the opposing BBs fast it sometimes dry up targets or game ends fast but then it has taken short amount of time.

To be fair WGs directives /missions are harder at low/mid tiers in general . you will notice it when you reach longer in the game.

Plane kill missions I often save to last ( have the RN ships so I get that mission done) , then you make all 3-4 at the same time. Please notice that so you can save 1-2 missions smartly, just prio to unlock next directive/stage.

• Cool 2

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,479 battles
25 minutes ago, Juanx said:

And you keep paying attention to them? So you are telling us that you would not be playing normally, but these pesky and optional directives, make you play?

Its not like you have to go out of your way to complete them either, normal play with most classes will get you there.

To be honest, if you are burned off this, you need to reevaluate your choice of hobbies, and seek professional help from someone capable in psichology, you are talking about a video game here...

1: Yes, I'm a prefectionist. If I see a mission I could do, I will do it.

2: True, but in a T5 it seems to take a long time, so that is why I was wondering if it would be faster in a higher tier

3: I ment burned out with this game, as in: I might get annoyed with it and quit this game.

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,479 battles
6 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Per battle/min you have more easy to get more damage etc the higher tier you play esp. in coop in DDs you can get high numbers pretty consistent, it is moree diff in cruisers decent in BBs as good DD players tend to kill the opposing BBs fast it sometimes dry up targets or game ends fast but then it has taken short amount of time.

To be fair WGs directives /missions are harder at low/mid tiers in general . you will notice it when you reach longer in the game.

Plane kill missions I often save to last ( have the RN ships so I get that mission done) , then you make all 3-4 at the same time. Please notice that so you can save 1-2 missions smartly, just prio to unlock next directive/stage.

Sadly, the only high tier line I have are JP torpedo DD's. And those did not have a good time the last few weeks (although it is getting better I think, less CV's and less Alaska's sailing around now). But they are not that good for most missions. They can't kill planes. They have a hard time getting main gun hits / ribbons. So that is why I switched to my Omaha for the last few weeks.

And I do skip the plane kill missions, yes. Thank god you can skip those and still complete the directives

[H_FAN]
Players
2,567 posts
40,794 battles
9 minutes ago, Zigiran said:

Sadly, the only high tier line I have are JP torpedo DD's. And those did not have a good time the last few weeks (although it is getting better I think, less CV's and less Alaska's sailing around now). But they are not that good for most missions. They can't kill planes. They have a hard time getting main gun hits / ribbons. So that is why I switched to my Omaha for the last few weeks.

And I do skip the plane kill missions, yes. Thank god you can skip those and still complete the directives

Yes but play IJN DDs in coop -there you got good dmg but do not play as in randoms especially if you have bots in your team, trick is to smoke up at the right moment (just before concealment range) when they see other ships in your team (very important), stop and kill the enemy DD with guns so you conserve your torps then rush the BB if there is a say 1 DD /1 Ca /1 bb where you spawn. BBs at T10 are 90-100 K. But you rush them close so you hit with all /nearly all. But this is coop tactic where you abuse the system (bot behaviour) not random.

I have found this tactic to work well in coop as a DD. If you play early/late it is often a lot of bots in your own team so you do not even have to have bad concious :cap_haloween:.

The cap thing esp if defence counts is also good in coop, just remember to stay outside the cap yourself then you get the defence caps when enemy bot enters, at least a few.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,764 battles
5 hours ago, Zigiran said:

I'm kinda wondering how long it takes for people to complete these weekly directives.

For me, not a long time player, I am doing it with T5 and T6 ships, it takes about 30 - 40 battles each week.

This is about 10 hours of playing I think? Since I only play about 1 hour on week days, this means I have to do quit a few battles in the weekend.

Well, your problem here is what you described - you're still a (relatively) new player without high tier ships - and it's easier/faster to get most of the directives done in high tier ships. My advice would be: don't force it and don't get frustrated. The game is supposed to be fun and this month the directives don't actually give you anything exclusive - just some special currencies that can buy you early access to what's going to be normal silver carriers in April. Play what you want and how much you want - if you don't get burned out and ultimately grind your way through the lines, you'll probably find that an hour a day will be enough to get the directives done in case the reward happens to be worth it. With t5-6 ships this might - as you observed - be a bit problematic and even if doable, it probably forces you to do heavy targeted grind instead of just enjoying the game. It's rare for the directives to really give rewards worth that sort of effort.

It's a game. You're missing the point when you find yourself playing in a way that's not fun for you. Just take it easy and enjoy your ships, that's what it's all about, after all :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

To be honest the only missions in these directives I focus on is the ones that require a certain ship. All others are done just by playing as usual. Remember you don't have to clear all missions to unlock the final reward. Just pick those missions you feel is easy to get done. As like others said most can be done in co-op with ease.