You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

How is your Crown & Florin collecting (for the 3x RN CVs) going on?

207 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,253 posts
9,148 battles

Hi all,

How is your Crown & Florin collecting (for the 3x RN CVs) going on?

My biggest "problem" are Florins and I think I will have enough of them for "Hermes" and "Furious" but "Implacable" will, most likely, firmly stay out of reach...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
302 posts
9,386 battles

Going Ok, just picked up Furious yesterday, no bought crates. 

First impressions for me are that it's pretty comfortable to use but overall I'm not really impressed by its performance. 

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
16,424 posts
11,338 battles

Okish.

Will get the Tier VI today. But I will not get the Tier VIII.

Too bad for all the extras you get, but the CV does not really matter to me.

[AAO]
Players
1,928 posts
10,004 battles

Hey Leo. I've gotten Her Majesty's Herpes already, say thanks to her for that.

Now I have enough florins for the Furious, but I''m short like a dozen crowns.

Tbh, I just now for the first time ever went out to check the rules ( see here in case you're curious) of this "competition" (or any other like it), and it certainly is, err, convoluted? Tbh I don't bother with trying to understand it all, I just play and see what rewards I get. From that site I now understand though why I've gotten regular free day(s) of premium recently.

From your previous post with the estimates I do remember that f2p implacible is impossible, right?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,253 posts
9,148 battles

Hi all,

2 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

From your previous post with the estimates I do remember that f2p implacible is impossible, right? 

Yep... the "Implacable" is out of reach for F2P and the "Furious" will be very hard for most hard due to Florin "shortage"...

Leo "Apollo11"

[AAO]
Players
1,928 posts
10,004 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Yep... the "Implacable" is out of reach for F2P and the "Furious" will be very hard for most hard due to Florin "shortage"...

Thanks for the confirmation, so I don't have to look it up further.

And now I am wondering if it is florins or crowns that I'm short off... Aargh. WG stop implementing those monthly new currencies please.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,761 posts

It is like I predicted in the announcement thread.

Florins are to rare, making Implacable impossible to reach. They want us to pay real money for a silver ship, so we can play it a few days early. The grind is just nothing but a smoke screen to hide behind.

I'll reach the Furious before the end of the event but I will not bother with the Implacable.

• Cool 4

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,435 posts
5,615 battles

Will most likely get the tier 6 before the event ends, but probably not the tier 8 (I assume you need to buy crates to get the tier 8, so screw that). 100% zero interest in the CV's. but the flags and bonuses you get are pretty nice since you have nothing else to really spend these gimmicky currencies on.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,474 posts
12,413 battles

Reached the Furious, not going to bother going for the implacable as I'm not interested in CVs (I'll take the goodies and free port slots).

I'm going to use the remaining Florins on India Delta flags, as I'm burning through them fast.

Players
2,701 posts
2,955 battles

Might get the T6 but not that interested in the T8. Geting uptiered to T10 is a chore.

Why would I get containers to do the chore. So, well, will grin it after I 'git gud' I think.

So far the florins and crowns keep coming in, have the T4, ight get the T5, might get Exeter.

If Exeter is any good might like it, but I think not. 

Thanks to WG for giving us some free stuff though. 

[TOXIC]
Players
1,429 posts
17,609 battles

Got Hermes and Furious. As Implacable is out of reach without spending many I'll probably go for as many Union Jack Camos as I can get. Anyway to me this is improvement from earlier model with buying containers and hopping that RNG will bless you with mission.

• Cool 2

Players
1,188 posts
245 battles

Its been going nicely despite the fact that i only play like 5-10 games at a time.

p.s also liked your post since i like these discussions and that guy seriously needs to get some friends.

[HOUSE]
Players
269 posts
5,029 battles

Will get my T6 Furious tomorrow, 20 more florins needed. Feels like the florins are harder to get than crowns, not bought any containers so far. The T8 will be researched while getting the hang of RN bombers since the T4 Hermes is lacklustering to play... 

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
957 posts
12,195 battles

Just casually gaming i got the Hermes, about 500 Florins short to the next one. Feels like its too hard to get if you dont hardcore grind.

Players
1,056 posts
7,992 battles

I caved in and got about 24 of the premium containers. Was enough to get Implacable yesterday. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
8 posts
4,522 battles

Does the Hermes feel slightly under powered when using rockets and bombs ? ( torpedo is still okay ) 

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Players
3,267 posts
12,832 battles

I was just checking. 1206 Florins and 206 Crowns so far. I thought I may as well wait and see if I can reach Implacable and just noticed you need the other bundles first :Smile_facepalm:

No reason to keep saving I guess... I'll give Hermes a go now.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
21 posts
3,268 battles

Are we sure that the Implacable is out of reach for f2p?

Pretty sure I read that crowns can be converted to florins, so while it may look out of reach on the face of available florins, it might be possible to convert surplus crowns to scrape through

I haven't bought any crates, but as of 08/3 I had exactly enough florins to pick up the first two Brit cv's, with an excess of crowns

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,051 posts
25,017 battles

Got Furious on saturday 9th. Bought Exeter to get the extra 300 Florins in those 5 ASC and also the 4000 doubloons that is compensated for the ship, that can be used to buy crowns/florins later. I did that as I had read your earlier thread about the florins/crowns and there found out that you need to pay somehow.

With the 2 RN 10p captains that comes with Implacable and Exeter I as a collector that keeps every ship and want a 10 p dedicated captain on each this was IMO the wisest way. I will do most daily missions (2) so it will be a decent amount there also. Have not calcultaed exactly how much more is needed for me, even watched most of the stream but there I could not see any container give aways :Smile_sad:. If I will not  make Implacable with those 6000 doubloons and that 3x50 crown + exchange it will be superclose.  Crowns will be enough it is the florins that might miss the mark with a few.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,051 posts
25,017 battles
2 minutes ago, All_up_in_ur_grille said:

Are we sure that the Implacable is out of reach for f2p?

Pretty sure I read that crowns can be converted to florins, so while it may look out of reach on the face of available florins, it might be possible to convert surplus crowns to scrape through

I haven't bought any crates, but as of 08/3 I had exactly enough florins to pick up the first two Brit cv's, with an excess of crowns

Problem is 4th week where it in can be interpreted as it is no missions that gives ASC and crowns/florins. We will see if WG gives more containers away that has been shown yet.

Players
17 posts
1,337 battles

I my experience i have found i could get enough Crowns quite comfortably. I only seem to have a problem on getting enough Florins. I already got Hermes and she isn't bad and now working towards Furious.

Players
523 posts
2,710 battles

So so I guess, I have the tier s 4 and 6, as for the 8 I don't know, either way i need to get a whole lot better with CV's first, I cannot rocket kill any ship, in fact I cannot even get a hit on one, the bombing aircraft on the Brit CV's is much better than anything else, and the torps are ok, but tier 4, one torp at a time, don't like that much.

[EUR]
Players
314 posts
3,807 battles

bought the first two but I dont see me reaching the last as the weekend is running out :)