Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_H_Nelson

Make the "Leave Queue" button great again! - *UPDATE*

24 comments in this topic

Players
3,338 posts
16,037 battles

Earlier this evening I pressed the battle button and realised that I had forgotten to add camo to my ship.

"No worries", I thought, "I'll just leave the queue"

Therefore I positioned the curser so that I could click the "Leave Queue" button as soon as it appeared.

You can guess what happened. The queing screen appeared and I frantically clicked on the "Leave Queue" but was taken straight into battle.

Please Wargaming, gives us a window of opportunity to quit the queue when we enter it by mistake.

Show the queing screen for a minimum of, say, 5 seconds so that we have time to exit the queue.

• Cool 20

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Yeah, instaqueues can be quite annoying. Always in the wrong time :Smile_veryhappy:

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,424 battles

Oh aye feel the pain, play co-op to do a few fly strike win missions, then when completed the missions, right lets grind some more of the Shima legendary mod with premium camo, signals & consumables but forget to change the battle type, when realises the mistake frantically clicks the leave battle button but avast No, co-op battle it is. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,444 posts
8,808 battles

You can try hitting ESC, that will give you a slightly better chance in case you want to get out fast. But insta-battles cant be prevented with it i believe :cap_yes:

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
571 posts
11,385 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Please Wargaming, gives us a window of opportunity to quit the queue when we enter it by mistake.

Show the queing screen for a minimum of, say, 5 seconds so that we have time to exit the queue.

I hate when that happens, but I understand why it's so. The match maker tries to make the battles happen, within its parameters, as quickly as possible. Sometimes you joining the queue is what gets a battle going, hence no opportunity to leave. Whatever window of opportunity you were given, the longer the wait for everybody in the queue.

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles

Yup have mentioned this before , bloody annoying. Why is everyone in such a hurry?? A set 5 second limit wouldn't hurt...

[THESO]
Players
571 posts
11,385 battles

How often does it really happen, and how big is the tragedy? 

What would make sense is changing the UI so that the mistake is less likely to happen. Say changing the "Battle" button to say "Join Random", "Join Co-op", etc.

This brings the us to the larger topic of port UI design. It's awfully cluttered, poorly organized and sluggish. It's ugly and unattractive, unlike the game itself. The kind of result that you get when you keep adding stuff but never take the time to rethink and reorganize.

• Cool 8

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

it would be really helpful. like you've put all the camo, flags, premium consumables on your ship. then you click battle only to realise you've set it to co-op by mistake Dx

• Cool 2

[WTFNO]
Players
560 posts
9,564 battles
33 minutes ago, asalonen said:

What would make sense is changing the UI so that the mistake is less likely to happen. Say changing the "Battle" button to say "Join Random", "Join Co-op", etc.

I would really like that change too.

• Cool 2

Players
2,806 posts
6 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

I would really like that change too.

yes this can be helpful if it is doable

• Cool 2

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles
37 minutes ago, asalonen said:

actually that would be VERY helpful

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,176 battles
1 hour ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Yup have mentioned this before , bloody annoying. Why is everyone in such a hurry?? A set 5 second limit wouldn't hurt...

Erm, because spending those 5 seconds double checking your ship is fully kited is too much huh?

Love the reponsability dispersers, its your ship, your game, own up to your carelesness and play that game without camo-flags, and next time remember spending those 5 seconds looking at the stats to see if you remember everything.

• Cool 2

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

Erm, because spending those 5 seconds double checking your ship is fully kited is too much huh?

Love the reponsability Responsibility dispersers, its your ship, your game, own up to your carelesness and play that game without camo-flags, and next time remember spending those 5 seconds looking at the stats to see if you remember everything.

OMG easy on the lecture yeah....its a computer game, its not like we've lost  child or something....

bqdyG1q.gif

Everyone makes mistakes, like your and your spelling....:Smile_trollface:

Besides with co op, random, Scenario and ranked....its not just about flags....or modules ...or consumables...etc.

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,176 battles
7 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

OMG easy on the lecture yeah....its a computer game, its not like we've lost  child or something....

bqdyG1q.gif

Everyone makes mistakes, like your and your spelling....:Smile_trollface:

Its OK, I only speak and write in 4 languages, I will be just fine, on the other hand, try owning up to your mistakes, its only a game afterall right?

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,148 battles

lol but WG dont need to own up to the leave button not working because by the time you see it, it already put you into a game. hmmmmmm

Players
5,976 posts
11,274 battles

When this happens, I hit ESC like no tomorrow (usually will end up at the screen asking me if I want to log out) as sometimes I accidentally enter a wrong game mode by accident.

Usually I will notice in time but like a week ago I accidentally entered a random battle with my Jutland with no upgrades, no skill commander (no skills selected yet) and stock :Smile_facepalm:

But at least I had a camo mounted :crab:

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
32 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Its OK, I only speak and write in 4 languages, I will be just fine, :Smile_facepalm:.......... its only a game afterall right?

43kJbL5.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
51 posts
14,831 battles

Personally i completely agree that it would be very nice to have that window of opportunity to cancel, if for no other reason than what is the point of having a button to cancel if you can't use it?  Similarly when you finish a battle and click go to next battle, having the game check and warn you that you've just used your last camo (or other consumable) would be much appreciated, just a little thing but it's happened enough times that it I feel it would be a nice improvement, and that wouldn't affect anyone else's wait time either.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
571 posts
11,385 battles
1 hour ago, omardais said:

Personally i completely agree that it would be very nice to have that window of opportunity to cancel, if for no other reason than what is the point of having a button to cancel if you can't use it?

It would be nice, but it's inevitable that somebody joining the queue make battles start. For that somebody there's no cancel. Sometimes it's you, but most of the time you're among the majority waiting the somebody to come.

I think it's understandable, fair and no big deal. 

Players
3,338 posts
16,037 battles
9 hours ago, omardais said:

Personally i completely agree that it would be very nice to have that window of opportunity to cancel, if for no other reason than what is the point of having a button to cancel if you can't use it?

Precisely! :Smile_honoring:

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,424 battles
10 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

but like a week ago I accidentally entered a random battle with my Jutland with no upgrades, no skill commander (no skills selected yet) and stock :Smile_facepalm:

But at least I had a camo mounted :crab:

Yep, done that, when the CV rework got released and we got the free commander skills reset, I reset alot of my commanders to see how the meta went. Decided a week later to play my Lightening, got detected but no number of ships shooting me??? then the penny dropped 15 point commander with no skills associated :Smile_sad:

• Funny 1

Players
3,338 posts
16,037 battles

*UPDATE* I've created a ticket highlighting a bug.

I was taken into a Random Battle when I had Co-op selected. I went straight into battle with no time at all provided to press the "Leave Queue" button.

I could have avoided this if I  WG provided a decent amount of time for the player to press the "Leave Queue" button.

(And before you ask. It was a :etc_swear: horrible experience, even though I was not a disaster in it.)

Sign in to follow this