Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leilog

CV Rework Stuff

4 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
8 posts
2,785 battles

High controversial topic i know. Just some additions i think could be beneficial:
 

First of all i like to get a decent way to control my Carrier while also flying planes. Having to recall a squadron that is on the other side of the map just to dodge a few torps or get out of an island position the autopilot has got itself stuck in is really really annyoing. Shouldnt be to hard to add as this was in the game already.

 

Second, the fighter consumable has been buffed which is nice, but you dont gain any significant rewards for shooting down planes (credits whatsoever, pretty much only damage counts) and doing so by actively using it to cover BBS cuts down your damage significantly. Either you happen to be in the place where they are needed or not. Yes i adjust the flyroutes sometimes to get some fighters out over ships that need it but its kinda situational. Why not give the Carrier fighter group the option to be placed on areas or ships around the map. Carriers are the ones that should contribute to defending against air raids.... well WG mitigated that by buffing the AA on pretty much all ships to levels where you dont even need anyone defending them anymore. In my opinion a poor gameplay decision.

 

Third. Carrier economy. Yes T10 BBs tend to give very few credits and sometimes even bigger losses (which is kinda questionable) but a T10 BB costs around 20 Million + around 7 Million for modules (nothing to research just done from the start). Carriers cost 7 million more fromt he start and you need to invest another 7.5 million to get all the upgrades + research points while barely gaining credits playing the ship. Carriers did earn a lot of money but the rework nerfed their average damage quite a bit while still needing pre rework damage numbers to get decent amounts of credits.

 

Fourth. Midway torps. Ok IJN is the torp king thats fine but god are the nerfed torps of the Midway bad. A Lexingon that has to hit only 3 Torps gets around 20k torp damage per volley compared to a 2 tier higher midway that needs to high 6 torps for a 5k damage increase..... lets say people start dodging and you hit 3-4 torps of your 6 torp salvo you end up with 12-16k damage. Gettig 2 hits with Lexington is pretty common. That puts you on 13k damage. Just 3k short of a Tier 10 carrier per salvo......
I stopped dodging Midway torps because giving up your angling and taking 1 penetration salvo (no cits) from a bb (Even tier 8 BBs) hurts more than a full broadside hit from midway torps (if you have a decent torpedo belt)......

 

Just my thoughts :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,559 posts
23,828 battles

yay, 1 moar...

<fill in bet on no. of probable cv threads within 24hrs.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
13 minutes ago, Leilog said:

First of all i like to get a decent way to control my Carrier while also flying planes. Having to recall a squadron that is on the other side of the map just to dodge a few torps or get out of an island position the autopilot has got itself stuck in is really really annyoing. Shouldnt be to hard to add as this was in the game already.

been requested what feels like hundreds of times already, WG's seen it but dont seem to have any intention of following up.

 

14 minutes ago, Leilog said:

 Yes i adjust the flyroutes sometimes to get some fighters out over ships that need it but its kinda situational. Why not give the Carrier fighter group the option to be placed on areas or ships around the map. Carriers are the ones that should contribute to defending against air raids.... well WG mitigated that by buffing the AA on pretty much all ships to levels where you dont even need anyone defending them anymore. In my opinion a poor gameplay decision.

see above.

 

15 minutes ago, Leilog said:

Second, the fighter consumable has been buffed which is nice, but you dont gain any significant rewards for shooting down planes (credits whatsoever, pretty much only damage counts) and doing so by actively using it to cover BBS cuts down your damage significantly.

14 minutes ago, Leilog said:

Third. Carrier economy. Yes T10 BBs tend to give very few credits and sometimes even bigger losses (which is kinda questionable) but a T10 BB costs around 20 Million + around 7 Million for modules (nothing to research just done from the start). Carriers cost 7 million more fromt he start and you need to invest another 7.5 million to get all the upgrades + research points while barely gaining credits playing the ship. Carriers did earn a lot of money but the rework nerfed their average damage quite a bit while still needing pre rework damage numbers to get decent amounts of credits.

they havent really even started balancing the economy, so this is mostly a case of "wait and see"

16 minutes ago, Leilog said:

Fourth. Midway torps. Ok IJN is the torp king thats fine but god are the nerfed torps of the Midway bad. A Lexingon that has to hit only 3 Torps gets around 20k torp damage per volley compared to a 2 tier higher midway that needs to high 6 torps for a 5k damage increase..... lets say people start dodging and you hit 3-4 torps of your 6 torp salvo you end up with 12-16k damage. Gettig 2 hits with Lexington is pretty common. That puts you on 13k damage. Just 3k short of a Tier 10 carrier per salvo......

Balancing of individual ships hasnt really started in earnest either, except in very drastic cases (hello ShimaHaku) - so again, wait and see what WG end up doing, judge the balance in a month or two...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8 posts
2,785 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Tyrendian89 sagte:

been requested what feels like hundreds of times already, WG's seen it but dont seem to have any intention of following up.

 

see above.

 

they havent really even started balancing the economy, so this is mostly a case of "wait and see"

Balancing of individual ships hasnt really started in earnest either, except in very drastic cases (hello ShimaHaku) - so again, wait and see what WG end up doing, judge the balance in a month or two...

 Not too active on the forums so i was pretty sure i would scratch some existing topics :D
But i guess ill wait then :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×